The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Eight Quickest Game Completions from the February 12th Xbox Sale

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic596,247
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r607,093
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:07Permalink
    Quickest? Maybe. Easiest? Definitely not.
  • pezboybenpezboyben620,412
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:18Permalink
    I bought Spiral Splatter before reading this article because it was cheap and I am not going to be able to complete it. I keep smashing into the walls while not even trying for three star times. Probably plenty easy for some but not this guy.
  • BiLLzuMaNaTiBiLLzuMaNaTi2,120,121
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:20Permalink
    pezboyben said:
    I bought Spiral Splatter before reading this article because it was cheap and I am not going to be able to complete it. I keep smashing into the walls while not even trying for three star times. Probably plenty easy for some but not this guy.
    It seems hard at first but it gets easier. The harder levels seem to be in beginning
    YouTube: AchievementLand
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:23Permalink
    Had my eye on Mulaka since there was a review posed here and it looked interesting. Will be sure to give that a go!

BiLLzuMaNaTi said:
    pezboyben said:
    It seems hard at first but it gets easier. The harder levels seem to be in beginning
    You definitely need a bit of luck for some later levels, but I second Billz.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4522,116
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,891
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:42Permalink
    pezboyben said:
    Yeh the ratios lie on that one. At least for me.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Noodles JrNoodles Jr979,677
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 15:17Permalink
    Some levels in Spiral Splatter are real rough, but you can still knock it out in 2 or so hours with trial and error. Just takes patience. Like Billz said, it starts off a lot harder, but the levels gets easier towards the end and you get better. There are much harder games with lower ratios.
    If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,068,577
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 15:18Permalink
    I bought Spiral Splatter but my old brain isn't quick enough for it, it hurts my soul. I bought Danger Zone 1 last week, so will grab the sequel too, love that game, easy pick up and play.

Also Tyler Model 005 looks like an easy completion for £4 this week.
  • Redd FiveRedd Five773,296
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 15:33Permalink
    I just can't control the ball finely enough with the controller. Hard for me to move in a straight angled line. Spiral Splatter needs a mouse. I'll probably never finish that.
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 15:40Permalink
    Noodles Jr said:
    Some levels in Spiral Splatter are real rough, but you can still knock it out in 2 or so hours with trial and error. Just takes patience. Like Billz said, it starts off a lot harder, but the levels gets easier towards the end and you get better. There are much harder games with lower ratios.
    Agreed. There are some later levels you hardly need to boost but some early ones you have to boost almost the entire time. I can still remember one level you’re kind of making a diamond shape, took me forever to get three stars on that.
  • pezboybenpezboyben620,412
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 15:47Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Noodles Jr said:
    Agreed. There are some later levels you hardly need to boost but some early ones you have to boost almost the entire time. I can still remember one level you’re kind of making a diamond shape, took me forever to get three stars on that.
    That's the one that made me realize early on I was in trouble!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle820,910
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 15:55Permalink
    I agree it's much harder than the ratio would lead you to believe. I think the later levels are longer, but also easier, because the times required for 3 stars are a bit more lenient. They expect you to make mistakes, whereas with the earlier levels, it seems you almost have to be perfect at times to get 3 stars.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • BoothdomBoothdom260,583
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 16:18, Edited on 12 February 19 at 16:40 by BoothdomPermalink
    As someone whose completed spiral splatter (in conciderably longer than 1-2 hours) I'd warn anyone whose looking for a quick win. The game is no joke and it's also prone to losing progress on exit. Buyer beware!

EDIT: Just doing a quick "back of the fag packet" calculation, the average completion time is two and three quarter hours. 1-2 hours is the mode group, but it's a bit misleading as there's a much bigger skew to the right than the left...
    Dom
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 16:21Permalink
    Decided to roll the dice on Spiral Splatter. Looks like a game that can have easy parts, but also give a little challenge. Definitely one that can be done with a little persistence.
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 16:32Permalink
    Please do not buy Road Rage. Worse game I've ever played. angry
  • True MarvellousTrue Marvellous2,510,776
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 16:47Permalink
    Mr Peanutbubber said:
    Please do not buy Road Rage. Worse game I've ever played. angry
    Welcome to the publisher that is Maxium Games Road Rage is one of their shining lights shock
    GIVEAWAY 35 GAMES TO BE WON DRAW 5th JAN https://gleam.io/a5fvy/true-tubes-huge-xbox-one-digital-games-giveaway-over-35-games-spread-over-3-prizes
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley503,383
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 17:23Permalink
    Spiral Splatter would be easy with a joystick. The Xbox pad is horrible for those sort of games.
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
  • eayragteayragt180,077
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 17:54Permalink
    Ain't no way I'm ever completing Spiral Splatters....
    Say everything with a smile
  • Ultras500Ultras500700,324
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 18:24Permalink
    I think Snooker Nation has been recently patched, no idea how long it will take now you have to do a break of 147 legit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.