Game Discussion: HITMAN Forum

Contracts mode unavailable

AuthorMessage
Evi1 Over1ord
Evi1 Over1ord
Posted on 12 February 19 at 18:28
It seems contracts mode is currently unavailable making 3? Achievements unobtainable, hopefully it's a temporary problem that gets fixed soon, until then it might be an idea to post in this thread in there technical support forum, hopefully the more people that post the quicker it will be fixed.

https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/contracts-mode-problems/32779/...
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 12 February 19 at 21:13
Same here. Tweeted at the developers as well.
Would you kindly?
Hieronimus
Hieronimus
Posted on 13 February 19 at 11:56
It is working for me, just started a contract. Maybe try again, seems like it is fixed.
Evi1 Over1ord
Evi1 Over1ord
Posted on 13 February 19 at 17:40
Nope still not working, you can create a contract but attempting to play any contracts boots you back to main menu, I dunno if you were just lucky, but no achievement for contracts mode (other than the one for the tutorial) have been gained since the 7th feb....so it can't be an isolated thing
Hieronimus
Hieronimus
Posted on 13 February 19 at 19:29, Edited on 13 February 19 at 19:40 by Hieronimus
I played several escalation contracts just 2 hours ago. Is this not what you are talking about?

Edit: Sorry, you are totally correct. While the escalation contracts are working just fine for me, the rest of the contracts mode is unavailable for me as well.
Yojimbo Jim
Yojimbo Jim
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:23
It seems MS created a new developer website that has affected a few games. The problem seems to be when the game tries to authenticate the server it fails and that's what gives us the error. Here is what I could find regarding the site switch over.

From Snap Finger Click #awkward discord:

"A summary / breakdown of what happened and where we are now:
Microsoft has been working on a new developer website, and something has gone wrong with moving developers and their games over. The developer site is brand new, so we didn't even have access to it yet. That has now been resolved.

When you host a server for a game it needs to have a server certificate from Microsoft, which means that they know that the server is allowed to talk with Xbox One consoles. Moving us over to the new developer site has caused the server certificate to break. We have been working with Microsoft to fix the certificate, but.... for some reason it still doesn't work.

So we now have created a special test version of Awkward that looks at every single bit of communication that happens between the game and the server. The only thing we know right now is that the server blocks all data coming from an Xbox. The special test version of Awkward creates very detailed server logs - we're currently researching this together with Microsoft to see why the data doesn't arrive.

Movement on this is quite slow, since apparently a lot of other developers are having similar issues after they've been moved to the new developer site.

Hopefully it gets resolved very soon, thanks for your patience."
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.
Skrubits
Skrubits
Posted on 14 February 19 at 20:00
Thanks a lot for the information.
Would you kindly?
Evi1 Over1ord
Evi1 Over1ord
Posted on 19 February 19 at 12:41
They seem to be back up smile
Yojimbo Jim
Yojimbo Jim
Posted on 19 February 19 at 16:02
Can confirm they are up at time of posting.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 20 February 19 at 13:04
I couldn't connect to the server last night at 21:00 GMT. I hope it's fixed.
Ginn0rz
Ginn0rz
Posted on 20 February 19 at 22:20
It worked for me this evening.
PNibbles
PNibbles
Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:47
Still up? I'd like to be able to start this game. Thanks.
GT: PNibbles
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.