Game Discussion: Astroneer Forum

Coop-Achievements

AuthorMessage
Zetenge
Zetenge
Posted on 13 February 19 at 13:41
Hi there,

does anybody has some specific Information about how the coop works in this game? Does somebody needs to be the host? Do all the achievements unlock for all players and how is the progress saved?

Hopefully someone can help - thanks in advance!

Cheers
TempleOfFive
TempleOfFive
Posted on 22 March 19 at 03:22
trying to figure this out too, doesn't appear to be any servers for MP, so you can only do these with friends who are playing?
KungFuStu72
KungFuStu72
Posted on 25 March 19 at 09:24
I didn't have any friends playing this game so I did the co-op achievements on my own.

I have 2 xbox one's (an original & an X) so installed the game on both machines and logged into the first with a silver account. Launched the game and started a brand new session then rubber banded a wired controller so it wouldn't shut down. I then logged in to my second Xbox with my main account and joined the game hosted by my silver. Here's what I found:-

All of the progress is saved on the hosts account. The guests are purely guests. They can work in the hosts world but cannot save their progress there. If the host disconnects the guests can remain in the game but there's no way to save any progress.

The achievements worked as I expected. My secondary account unlocked quite a few even though they didn't far from the base. The guest account was doing the work but the host still solved gateway chambers etc. My main account got all of the multiplayer achievements as expected ("Journey To the Centre of the Thing" was broken for a time but is now fixed).

In my experience the co-op in this game is designed so a group of friends can play together in a shared world. But it's a world that one player "owns" and the friends just come and work in. The game doesn't allow random people to drop in, it's access for friends only but then you really wouldn't want random idiots visiting your world and hiding all of you rovers & shuttles!
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 28 March 19 at 08:30
yeah basically if anyone does something achievements related in a game everyone gets it. Doesn’t matter if it’s the host or guest.
Crazy Dutchman
Posted on 24 May 19 at 17:02
I am a bit cautious regarding the achievement for activating all of the 'Gateway Chambers';
I tested it a bit with a second Xbox, and I don't seem to get any progression for it when they've already been activated.

If this is the case (and not just me messing it up), it might be necessary to activate all 34 Gateway Chambers when you are playing CoOp
BubbaInColorado
Posted on 13 June 19 at 05:38
A friend of mine joined my game a few minutes before I unlocked the last gateway engine. He had only unlocked one gateway engine prior to this. When I unlocked my final gateway engine, he also got the To Infinity achievement but not the awakened achievements.
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 04 July 19 at 23:55
If I have an extensively played single player world, can I invite a friend to it at any time? For instance I made 10 fireworks and want to let him launch them. Or do you have to start a new, separate online world?
Always number 2.
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 04 July 19 at 23:55
buttmudBrooks said:
If I have an extensively played single player world, can I invite a friend to it at any time? For instance I made 10 fireworks and want to let him launch them. Or do you have to start a new, separate co-op world?
Always number 2.
Vittror
Vittror
Posted on 02 August 19 at 22:18
You can invite them using the start menu and sending an invite with the embedded invite function or with the native xbox invite to game feature. Note that some achievements regarding single-opportunity features might be unobtainable if one of you or the other get it, I recommend only the host interacting with Engines and Chambers as those cannot be replayed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.