Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Resident Evil 2 Gets Three New DLC Stories Tomorrow

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:29
Soldier, shopkeeper, mayor's daughter... will any of them survive?

Please click here to read the story: Resident Evil 2 Gets Three New DLC Stories Tomorrow
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:33
Was hoping to see some achievements by now.
Priinz 31er
Priinz 31er
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:38
Nice new achievements clap
I hope the Z version gets them too.
Visions of Gore
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:48
New Paralyzer said:
Was hoping to see some achievements by now.
Me too!!! I don't think I've ever looked forward to DLC as much as I am this. I hope it's at least 500G and some thought went into the achievement requirements. The main 1000G was a blast.
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:48, Edited on 14 February 19 at 15:52 by NoHeroes94
Ahh, damn. I LOVE Resi 2, but I was kind of wanting a "one and deal" on the achievements so I could move on. Still, I'd rather new DLC by choice. Just hope the DLC isn't harder than the main game as was the case in RE7!
Visions of Gore
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:48
Priinz 31er said:
What exactly is the Z version?
NoHeroes94
NoHeroes94
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:55, Edited on 14 February 19 at 15:59 by NoHeroes94
To anyone wondering, on the steam list, only 2 achievements have been added. This is not a guarantee it will be the same but is often the case.

1 is for completing "No Way Out" (Non-Training Mode)
1 is for getting all the Mr. Raccoon in "Ghost Survivors" (presumably scattered across all three scenarios)

If this is the case, there is no achievement for completing the seemingly tough "Forgotton Solider", although presumably, you will still need to be able to get past a lot of it for collectibles.

TrueSteamAchievements
Priinz 31er
Priinz 31er
Posted on 14 February 19 at 15:55
Visions of Gore said:
Priinz 31er said:
The japanese version
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:02
Based on the descriptions in the article, this is not what I expected from this DLC. I was really hoping for some story on these characters, but this just sounds like Hunk's mode with a twist.

Also, I really hate the "what if" scenarios of having these three survive. I would have much rather played the "actual" scenarios for each, which could have gone something like this:
• How did Kendo handle the outbreak as it was first happening AND what happened to him after his encounter with Leon. Maybe see what happened to his wife = another hard decision the player must make? Gameplay similar to the main campaign. Ends with his death scene though!
• Katherine is not a fighter, so she has to use her sneak skills to get from point to point around a map. Gameplay similar, but much better than, Sherry's segment. Ends with her death and how/why she ends up on the table!
• Solider was thought to be dead but isn't. Tries to make an escape like Hunk did, and maybe even see's Hunk at the front gate. As he is approaching, Tyrant crushes him. Obviously, gameplay similar to 4th Survivor. Again, ends with his death!

These things would have EXPANDED the RE2 lore around these characters, rather just using them "minigame" style.

I'll still play them and I anticipate enjoying them, but let down by the lack of lore expansion and taking the cheap way out by saying, "These things didn't really happen, but wouldn't it be neat if they did?"
Lambent Lail
Lambent Lail
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:03, Edited on 14 February 19 at 16:04 by Lambent Lail
Priinz 31er said:
Visions of Gore said:
Priinz 31er said:
The japanese version
As a deeper explanation, it's not "just" the Japanese version. Japan got a "D" and "Z" version, the difference being the amount of mature content in each game, with the "Z" version being the "more mature" of the two. As a consequence of this, the "D" version has the same achievement list as the international version, but the "Z" version has a separate achievement list.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:04
Priinz 31er said:
Visions of Gore said:
Priinz 31er said:
The japanese version
Nooooo it isn't. It's a Japanese "Uncut Version" (as in Japanese standards uncut as the game isn't full level of gore as the US version)

In Japan the game has 2 versions. Because they are so strict on Gore they censored the game. A Z rating in Japan is equal to an AO rating I the States. So in order to appeal to more ages there is I a D rating and a Z rating.

If you buy the Japanese D version it won't stack with the US or EU copies. They all share.

Z version (which is digital only on Xbox) is a less restricted version and it stacks.
PlanetExpressC
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:29
Anyone know if you have to play all 4 original scenarios to unlock this new dlc, or is Claire 1 and Leon 1 enough?
Na Teleiosei
Na Teleiosei
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:40
PlanetExpressC said:
Anyone know if you have to play all 4 original scenarios to unlock this new dlc, or is Claire 1 and Leon 1 enough?
The dlc hasn't even been out yet
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:43
Not sure about this, the game kind of gets boring after a while. Not as good as the original. Might have to reinstall it for the 'story' updates but not overly hyped. roll
Doom rocks
PlanetExpressC
Posted on 14 February 19 at 16:46
SanHrim said:
PlanetExpressC said:
The dlc hasn't even been out yet
Okey, so? Sometimes people get info on stuff prior to release right?
Visions of Gore
Posted on 14 February 19 at 18:01
Lambent Lail said:
Priinz 31er said:
Visions of Gore said:
Priinz 31er said:
The japanese version
As a deeper explanation, it's not {#}just{#} the Japanese version. Japan got a {#}D{#} and {#}Z{#} version, the difference being the amount of mature content in each game, with the {#}Z{#} version being the {#}more mature{#} of the two. As a consequence of this, the {#}D{#} version has the same achievement list as the international version, but the {#}Z{#} version has a separate achievement list.
Sweet! So how do I buy this Z version so that I can stack it?
Guirec730
Guirec730
Posted on 14 February 19 at 18:07
I agree that these should be canon stories. What if scenarios arent as fun in this context.

At least it's free! Capcom has been cool with that, after the Not a Hero free dlc for Re7.
State of the badass art.
Celtic Corpze
Celtic Corpze
Posted on 14 February 19 at 18:20
Lambent Lail said:
Based on the descriptions in the article, this is not what I expected from this DLC. I was really hoping for some story on these characters, but this just sounds like Hunk's mode with a twist.

Also, I really hate the {#}what if{#} scenarios of having these three survive. I would have much rather played the {#}actual{#} scenarios for each, which could have gone something like this:
• How did Kendo handle the outbreak as it was first happening AND what happened to him after his encounter with Leon. Maybe see what happened to his wife = another hard decision the player must make? Gameplay similar to the main campaign. Ends with his death scene though!
• Katherine is not a fighter, so she has to use her sneak skills to get from point to point around a map. Gameplay similar, but much better than, Sherry's segment. Ends with her death and how/why she ends up on the table!
• Solider was thought to be dead but isn't. Tries to make an escape like Hunk did, and maybe even see's Hunk at the front gate. As he is approaching, Tyrant crushes him. Obviously, gameplay similar to 4th Survivor. Again, ends with his death!

These things would have EXPANDED the RE2 lore around these characters, rather just using them {#}minigame{#} style.

I'll still play them and I anticipate enjoying them, but let down by the lack of lore expansion and taking the cheap way out by saying, {#}These things didn't really happen, but wouldn't it be neat if they did?{#}
Man, they giving us free DLC and yet theres always someone who has to find a negative.How about you contact Capcom and tell them not to release it as YOU arent happy with what they are releasing ? Stop whining and try to bloody enjoy it...
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 14 February 19 at 18:38
Lambent Lail said:
I agree. Sucks it has to be like 4th survivor. Don't really enjoy that aspect of the game.

I still prefer the original game personally, just had for me more atmosphere. Have to do like 5-6 playthroughs for all the achievements and I'm tired out from it already on the 3rd. It's a decent game and definitely a step in the right direction for classic RE though.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 14 February 19 at 19:01
Celtic Corpze said:
Lambent Lail said:

Also, I really hate the {#}what if{#} scenarios of having these three survive. I would have much rather played the {#}actual{#} scenarios for each, which could have gone something like this:

These things would have EXPANDED the RE2 lore around these characters, rather just using them {#}minigame{#} style.

I'll still play them and I anticipate enjoying them, but let down by the lack of lore expansion and taking the cheap way out by saying, {#}These things didn't really happen, but wouldn't it be neat if they did?{#}
Man, they giving us free DLC and yet theres always someone who has to find a negative.How about you contact Capcom and tell them not to release it as YOU arent happy with what they are releasing ? Stop whining and try to bloody enjoy it...
Man, he was just proposing a better idea for the dlc than some disconnected, non-canon mini stories, and he even said he would still enjoy them. And he's right, they could have done better with it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.