Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

UPDATE: Ten Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass at the End of February 2019

AuthorMessage
Zwaveldioxide
Zwaveldioxide
Posted on 16 February 19 at 09:57
Mtn Ops Reaper said:
Is Mega Coin Squad really that easy even though it's got a 2.0 ratio? Most of the games considered easy here are like a 1.5 or below
Well, yes and no. The entire game is RNG. You need to collect enough coins to complete the level but the coins and enemies all spawn randomly. Even your upgrades are random.
Once you get the hang of it it really isn't that hard. I found the no deaths run harder than the speedrun. You need to complete the game 6 times anyways so there's plenty of chances.
>insert_original_signature.txt
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 16 February 19 at 12:09
Mtn Ops Reaper said:
Is Mega Coin Squad really that easy even though it's got a 2.0 ratio? Most of the games considered easy here are like a 1.5 or below
I’m not sure why the ratio is high. I mean it takes a little while,but really not bad at all. Actually enjoyed it for a bit. The multiple playthroughs get a bit tiring near the end, but definitely worth checking out. Definitely can knock it out over a weekend! Might as well while it’s on gamepass toast
Matthew
EazyE2285
EazyE2285
Posted on 16 February 19 at 12:10
Mtn Ops Reaper said:
I got through to the second stage like level 2 and just couldn't get past it after numerous tries. Kept dying. Maybe I'm missing an easy move to use or something but the controls are a pain the ass to me. Switched to the final station and now I've been stuck at the same point for half an hour trying not to use a medkit and facing 10 enemies. Today is not my day for gaming I guess.
oORuffusOo
oORuffusOo
Posted on 16 February 19 at 12:40
Just played through the base of The Final Station, I would highly suggest doing so before it comes off. Good stuff!
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 16 February 19 at 13:53
Thanatos522 said:
Is Sonic CD the unfinished but actually finished Sega Saturn game?
Sonic CD is the Sega CD/PC game. I think you might be thinking of Sonic Jam.
Hazar Khall
Hazar Khall
Posted on 16 February 19 at 15:49
The Final Station was great, just tedious you had to learn melee + backpedalling. A ton of in game backstory hidden in it, though just how many times the DLC has you run thru it... TWD collection and Spyro reignited were 5k TA score for 3 games, TFS was 5k by itself for tedium, not even difficulty, still loved it.
Aven colony was fun, made me want to load up a Civ game, or Alpha Centauri tbh. Sad I'll need a disk to 100% it (update made lightning strikes not count) but really, the hardest part was remembering not to build too fast, thats it, really liked it.
I own SW and havent started it yet though I'll need to before 2 is in danger of going away, cant say Im upset over the other games though tbh never tried em so~
Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
Moshambi
Moshambi
Posted on 16 February 19 at 16:23
Thanks for the article. It's time to get fishing for me. I really wish they would announce these removals like 3 months in advance, but oh well.
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 16 February 19 at 20:16
Mtn Ops Reaper said:
Yes and no. 75% of the game is really easy. The last 25% requires knowing everything from A to B and be very fast. (You need to finish the game in under 30 minutes or so)

I finished the game with 850G in the bank and 2 achievements left.
(And some playthroughs as you finish the game with every character)
SabenRothschild
Posted on 17 February 19 at 06:45
Annoying - literally downloaded massive chalice a couple of days ago and there's no way I'm gonna rush thru it. Let's hope it comes back on.
shrimper77
shrimper77
Posted on 17 February 19 at 07:29
For everyone asking about unobtainables on Aven Colony, they patched the Lightening Strike one right at the end of last year. I got all the achievements on it with a digital copy with no problems once the lightening strike patch went in

Also agree on about the 15 hour mark for 100%, game is pretty easy all round apart from one mission.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 17 February 19 at 09:52
It looks like Iron Brigade and Monday Night Combat are leaving as well.
Zerodactyl
Zerodactyl
Posted on 17 February 19 at 10:08
Time to play through The Final Station and Mega Coin Squad before they come off Game Pass at the end of the month. Not looking forward to the no deaths run in Mega Coin Squad, though!
Dubs187
Dubs187
Posted on 17 February 19 at 19:05
shrimper77 said:
For everyone asking about unobtainables on Aven Colony, they patched the Lightening Strike one right at the end of last year. I got all the achievements on it with a digital copy with no problems once the lightening strike patch went in

Also agree on about the 15 hour mark for 100%, game is pretty easy all round apart from one mission.
I just started it and I got the lightning achievement already.
Jet Klaatu
Jet Klaatu
Posted on 17 February 19 at 22:53
Not a big loss but I'll be giving Aven Colony a go before it goes for sure!
prokop
prokop
Posted on 17 February 19 at 23:51
noooooo. i just got into shadow warrior.cry
C.C. Prokop
SniffinRails
SniffinRails
Posted on 18 February 19 at 08:14
What does GWG mean??
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 18 February 19 at 09:49
SniffinRails said:
What does GWG mean??
Games With Gold toast
Matthew
Kyl3Ruth
Kyl3Ruth
Posted on 18 February 19 at 21:47
I got shadow warrior with gold but having that removed i think lowers the quality of game pass.
Kyle Ruth
benveg
benveg
Posted on 25 February 19 at 20:01
Shadow Warrior is a true masterpiece, don't miss it
Uggadunk
Uggadunk
Posted on 05 March 19 at 19:58
Where do MS put out info like this?
You should not drink and bake.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.