Game Discussion: Metro Exodus Forum

Tons of crashes on Xbox One X

AuthorMessage
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 16 February 19 at 08:00
I've had 4 crashes within the first level of the game, this is crazy. Can't even get past the first stealth tutorial area outside.

Game seems great so far besides this cry
coffinvarnish
Posted on 16 February 19 at 09:36
Same, 4 in the last 90ish minutes, full-crashes. I've been resetting and jumping back in, but with the constant crashing looming, I am just going to bed.

Seems good, though?
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 16 February 19 at 11:42
I also noticed if you leave the console idle and the X1 screensaver comes up, the game freezes.

Happened to me twice cause i was on the phone, will try with a S console later today.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 16 February 19 at 18:40
I've played for hours and had one crash only.. and it was during the first convocation with miller on the train after you escape. other then that it's been great, but the hdr is shit and there's a ton of texture pop in, but good game.
Or1g1nal S1nn3r
Posted on 16 February 19 at 19:02
I haven't experienced any in-game crashes but I'm on an S. I did notice that when I first downloaded the game and tried to play it, it would immediately crash back to the home screen. It did this about five times. I cleared my cache (hold power for ten seconds) and it hasn't happened since.
MuphDyv3r74
MuphDyv3r74
Posted on 16 February 19 at 21:45
Same. In the past half hour, its frozen twice and just now completely shut my One X off. Had to press the power button on the console to turn it back on. Dont think I've played more than 15 minutes yet. Quite disappointed (not with the gameplay). Hope they fix it quickly
Edit: Just froze again. Took longer to load and start the game than I got to play it. Getting pissed now
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 17 February 19 at 00:34, Edited on 17 February 19 at 00:35 by Dresden N7
I'm on the original Xbox One and it's running perfectly. No crashes so far, and I'm halfway through the Volga level. I'm guessing it's a problem with the X enhancements.
VRattleHead
VRattleHead
Posted on 17 February 19 at 04:29
I am playing on Xbox One X and have played about 6-7 hours and I have only had 1 crash and it was because I stepped away to go to dinner and the console went to sleep and when I turned my controller back on the game would not recognize that the controller was back on. I quit the game from the Xbox guide back to the home screen and restarted the game and it’s been fine since.

Other than that, no issues to speak of save for minor stuff like some texture pop in and really long initial loads. Otherwise runs great.
BLU SKY3S
BLU SKY3S
Posted on 17 February 19 at 09:25
I'm on xbox one. Only had a single game freeze but currently my Flashlight is dead and the hand charger is stuck at zero and no matter how much I pump it it wont charge. Any advice? I've had to go through tough levels using only the lighter.
SilentFox91
SilentFox91
Posted on 17 February 19 at 11:46
im on the one x and it crashes every 2 hours. running it off a hard drive. wonder if thats making things worse.
VIKTOR RISHON
Posted on 17 February 19 at 12:20
Hey. I play Metro Exodus on the XBOX ONE X and noticed such a feature that the game is freezing every hour of a non-stop game. You have to close the game forcibly. When turned on, I play an hour, + - 10 minutes and again a frieze. It is a pity, because the game is cool. Posted in support.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 February 19 at 12:45
I had opposite problem... 7 minutes stuck n loading screen. Made no sense when t took 10 seconds an hour ago
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 18 February 19 at 04:59
I have had no crashes yet but only done moscow but i have encountered a glitch where you wife stops following you forcing you to start chapter again yet another broken game on xbox oneangry
Goggs25
SpaceBaboon QC
Posted on 18 February 19 at 07:45
Damn, you guys are unlucky. I just finished it and I had only 3 crashes in 28hrs on Xbox One X.
SneakyofSneaks
Posted on 18 February 19 at 10:19
Yeah every few hours.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 19 February 19 at 00:41
Goggs25 said:
I have had no crashes yet but only done moscow but i have encountered a glitch where you wife stops following you forcing you to start chapter again yet another broken game on xbox oneangry
She did that for me after about 5 minutes. Pile of crap.
UBERSICKO
UBERSICKO
Posted on 21 February 19 at 19:31
Video output is to blame apparently, i was told to change it to 4:2.2. I have yet to try it.
[url=https://www.play-asia.com/23/?affiliate_id=213978] [img]https://www.play-asia.com/32/74l[/img][/url] For all your importing gaming needs.
JakeyChappers
Posted on 22 February 19 at 09:06
I'm on an Xbox One S and I've had no crashes at all in 24 hours of play time
Dog
We cannot track this Gamer's achievements as they have xbox privacy settings turned on - please click for help
Dog
Posted on 25 February 19 at 18:03
Occurs on X only, still not addressed almost 2 weeks after release.
ElBabadook
ElBabadook
Posted on 25 February 19 at 21:54
im at the end of the Volga mission on Ranger Hardcore difficulty. i died and when I came back to life nothing was working but the shoot button. i cant aim down sight, heal, throw, sometimes i cant even move. my mask is gone, cant pull up map and the enemies just look at me. i have unistalled and reinstalled the game and nothing. Im on the Xbox X
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.