Game Discussion: Borderlands 2 Forum

Stacking/360 Transfer Guide

AuthorMessage
Palesius
Palesius
Posted on 18 February 19 at 15:15
I figure I would write down my experience transferring characters to XB1 following a 100% completion on the 360. If you did (or are doing it beforehand) on the 360 I suggest a few places to back up saves for later transfer to ease your way. If you are doing them at (or nearly at) the same time, you can just keep transferring over right before completing the achievements, no need to make backups.

Planning FTW
I'm going to lead off with the achievements that will be SO MUCH EASIER if you plan ahead.

These are for completing the story missions in the DLC. I would again recommend backing up a save right before turning them in (it would need to be an earlier save than the above). This way you don't have to run through the whole DCL over again.
Borderlands 2Treasure HunterThe Treasure Hunter achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 156 pointsComplete the mission "X Marks the Spot"

Borderlands 2ExplosiveThe Explosive achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 83 pointsComplete the mission "Long Way To The Top"

Borderlands 2Face OffThe Face Off achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 95 pointsComplete the mission "The Fall of Nakayama"

Unlike the main game achievements of the same type, these will not unlock automatically. I would suggest backing these up before finding the last area. See the next bit for a suggestion.
Borderlands 2GadaboutThe Gadabout achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 80 pointsDiscover all named locations in Oasis and the surrounding Pirate's Booty zones

Borderlands 2Been ThereThe Been There achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 150 pointsDiscover all named locations in Hammerlock's Hunt

These are all for completing every side mission in Pirate's Booty/Hammerlock's Hunt DLC. These have no repeatable missions, so if you have done them all you will have to do them all again. The option I took was to backup my save prior to turning in the last mission. When you are ready to transfer to the XB1 you can restore that save on the 360, transfer it to the XB1, turn it in and pop them. Another alternative is to back up right before the raid boss of each one (Voracidous the Invincible/Master Gee the Invincible). Both of these fights unlock an area, so if you have found all other areas prior to this, then back up your save, you will take care of the last area of each as well as the last side mission after beating the boss and turning in the mission.
Borderlands 2CompletionistThe Completionist achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 82 pointsComplete all Pirate's Booty side missions

Borderlands 2Done ThatThe Done That achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 141 pointsComplete all Hammerlock's Hunt side missions

"Missable"
Gaining any levels after 50 will pop these achievements, BUT... if you are level 70, you can't gain any more levels. So I would suggest making a backup when you are close to gaining a level to avoid leveling a new character up to 50.
Borderlands 2Not Quite DeadThe Not Quite Dead achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 5 pointsReach level 5

Borderlands 2Better Than You WereThe Better Than You Were achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 12 pointsReach level 10

Borderlands 2Always ImprovingThe Always Improving achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 35 pointsReach level 25

Borderlands 2Capped Out…For NowThe Capped Out…For Now achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 93 pointsReach level 50

Buying any black market item after the 5th will pop this. BUT.... it's possible to buy all the black market items, and be unable to do it, without farming a bit more moonstone on another character. But if you backup a save with at least one item left to buy, you are golden.
Borderlands 2Better Than MoneyThe Better Than Money achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 19 pointsPurchase 5 items from the black market

Repeat
Repeat the final round of these arena fights.
Borderlands 2Went Five RoundsThe Went Five Rounds achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 44 pointsComplete Round 5 of any Circle of Slaughter

Borderlands 2Dang Girl You Ace At This GameThe Dang Girl You Ace At This Game achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 87 pointsWin the most challenging round in Murderlin's Temple

These both have reapeatable missions that will pop the achievement if you've finished them all.
Borderlands 2Did It AllThe Did It All achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 124 pointsComplete all side missions

Borderlands 2MotorheadThe Motorhead achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 133 pointsComplete all Campaign of Carnage side missions

Progress
These can all be unlocked by doing one more of the requisite thing.

Kill/lock one more enemy with the appropriate skill.
Borderlands 2Sabre RattlerThe Sabre Rattler achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 38 pointsKill 100 enemies with the Sabre turret

Borderlands 2Phased and ConfusedThe Phased and Confused achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 42 pointsPhaselock 100 enemies

Complete one more rank of any challenge.
Borderlands 2Challenge AcceptedThe Challenge Accepted achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 98 pointsComplete level 1 of all non-level-specific challenges with a single character

Complete any side quest.
Borderlands 2Bounty HunterThe Bounty Hunter achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 32 pointsComplete 20 side missions

Get one more photo of Moxxi (the bar arena fight is good for this).
Borderlands 2ObsessedThe Obsessed achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 115 pointsCollect 10 pictures of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage

One Time
There are one time things you have to do, so unfortunately you have to do them again. Most of them will be pretty easy with an overleveled character on normal, though. Feel free to take care of the area specific ones while zipping through the story.
Borderlands 2Friendship RulesThe Friendship Rules achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 13 pointsRevive someone from "Fight for Your Life!" that is on your friends list

Borderlands 2High-Flying HurlerThe High-Flying Hurler achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 19 pointsKill a flying enemy with a thrown Tediore weapon

Borderlands 2So Much Blood!The So Much Blood! achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 57 pointsGunzerk continuously for 90 seconds

Borderlands 2Unseen PredatorThe Unseen Predator achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 57 pointsRemain in Zero's Deception mode for ten seconds straight

Borderlands 2Sugar DaddyThe Sugar Daddy achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 14 pointsTip Moxxi $10,000

Borderlands 2Tribute To A Vault HunterThe Tribute To A Vault Hunter achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 32 pointsGet an item from Michael Mamaril

Borderlands 2Goliath, Meet DavidThe Goliath, Meet David achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 29 pointsAllow a Goliath to level up four times before killing him

Borderlands 2Build BusterThe Build Buster achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 26 pointsKill a Constructor without it ever building another bot

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 31 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Definitely An Italian PlumberThe Definitely An Italian Plumber achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 34 pointsKill Donkey Mong

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 19 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 65 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Cute LootThe Cute Loot achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 25 pointsKill a Chubby

Borderlands 2HmmmmmThe Hmmmmm achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 40 pointsWield the Mysterious Amulet

Borderlands 2Make it RaaaaaidThe Make it Raaaaaid achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 127 pointsVanquish the Ancient Dragons of Destruction

Borderlands 2Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'The Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 32 pointsDemonstrate your skill, or lack thereof, at rolling the magical treasure orb of many sides

Borderlands 2It's Like That One VideoThe It's Like That One Video achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 24 pointsShow thine worst enemy, the abomination known as "The Darkness," who is the nerdiest of them all

Borderlands 2Girl's Gotta EatThe Girl's Gotta Eat achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 33 pointsFeed thy noble queen 3 times during one visit to her quarters

Replay Story
The most practical thing for me was to run through the story again (ignoring 99% of the side quests) on TVHM. If you've already done that, you could do UVHM or use another character other than your main. If you are playing both versions at the same time, you could just transfer before turning in each main story quest.
Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 10 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 22 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 23 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 24 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 24 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 26 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 27 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 27 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 28 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 29 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

This is not technically a story one, but it is most easily available after certain story points, so just snag it while you are running through:
Borderlands 2Up High, Down LowThe Up High, Down Low achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 22 pointsGive Claptrap a high five

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 30 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Again, not really story, but its a super easy side quest, do it while you are in the area for the above story quest:
Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 15 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 30 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 38 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 32 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 32 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Borderlands 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 48 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

These are from the Dragon Keep DLC. You could transfer a save right before the last mission if you want and save some time, but there are a few achievements from the 1st half of the DLC, so I just ran it again.
Borderlands 2I Totes Planned That BossThe I Totes Planned That Boss achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 18 pointsSlay Mister Boney Pants Guy

Borderlands 2YaaaaaayThe Yaaaaaay achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 47 pointsIntroduce thyself to the White Knight

Not really story, but quickest place to get it is during the ghost king fight in the story:
Borderlands 2They Was All "Hey That's Mine"The They Was All "Hey That's Mine" achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 38 pointsUnsheath 5 swords from Immortal Skeletaurs without leaving the area

Borderlands 2Shorty, You So BestThe Shorty, You So Best achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 119 pointsComplete thy quest by rescuing yonder queen

Trivial
These won't quite auto-pop when you load the game, but close enough.

You might need to unequip and re-equip an item.
Borderlands 2Decked OutThe Decked Out achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 47 pointsHave Purple-rated gear or better equipped in every slot

Just fast travel and these should all pop up
Borderlands 2Urban ExplorerThe Urban Explorer achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 25 pointsDiscover all named locations in Sanctuary, Opportunity, and Lynchwood

Borderlands 2Highlands ExplorerThe Highlands Explorer achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 31 pointsDiscover all named locations in The Highlands, Thousand Cuts, and Wildlife Exploitation Preserve

Borderlands 2Arctic ExplorerThe Arctic Explorer achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 32 pointsDiscover all named locations in Three Horns, Tundra Express, and Frostburn Canyon

Borderlands 2Blight ExplorerThe Blight Explorer achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 34 pointsDiscover all named locations in Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, and Sawtooth Cauldron

Borderlands 2World TravelerThe World Traveler achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 123 pointsDiscover all named locations

Spend the tokens that transferred over
Borderlands 2Token GestureThe Token Gesture achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 24 pointsRedeem 25 tokens

Use one of the bonus customization items you got for transferring
Borderlands 2How Do I Look?The How Do I Look? achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 30 pointsUnlock 10 customization items
SKORPIONIC
SKORPIONIC
Posted on 23 June 19 at 20:14
Excellent breakdown! Saved a lot of work knowing what to do - and what not to.
HMRising
HMRising
Posted on 24 June 19 at 23:37
Good guide and overall it is very accurate, but I would clearly clarify that the Achievements

Borderlands 2YaaaaaayThe Yaaaaaay achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 47 pointsIntroduce thyself to the White Knight

and

Borderlands 2Shorty, You So BestThe Shorty, You So Best achievement in Borderlands 2 worth 119 pointsComplete thy quest by rescuing yonder queen

are completely tied to the story missions "Denial, Anger, Initiative" and "A Game of Games" (respectively) in the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC. Meaning that unlocking these Achievements on an Xbox 360-transferred character that already completed these missions either requires a replay of the DLC on a different playthrough/difficulty, or a different character entirely.

Interestingly, all of the other Achievements from that DLC can be unlocked with a "completed" DLC, but these two Achievements are the only that cannot.
smakzillaa
smakzillaa
Posted on 26 June 19 at 00:28
Sooo... what missions are repeatable in the main game?
HMRising
HMRising
Posted on 26 June 19 at 03:48
I assume by "main game" you mean the base/vanilla/non-DLC portion of the game, and therefore to the best of my knowledge, there are no repeatable missions.

As I unfortunately learned, this means that if you imported a character from your Xbox 360 save that unlocked

Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)Did It AllThe Did It All achievement in Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360) worth 90 pointsComplete all side missions

you will either have to complete all (base) optional missions on different playthrough/difficulty for that same character, or a different character entirely.
UTDerk23
UTDerk23
Posted on 26 June 19 at 17:27
HMRising that's not true you can repeat the Arena within the Wildlife Annex to pop "Did It All" if you've completed all side missions prior.
HMRising
HMRising
Posted on 26 June 19 at 19:52, Edited on 26 June 19 at 22:17 by HMRising
That is not entirely correct. The "Creature Slaughter" mission series was a post-release addition/"minor" DLC, and therefore not originally required to unlock the "Did It All" Achievement on the Xbox 360 version. If a character transferred from the Xbox 360 version has this mission(s) available on the Xbox One version, it simply means that the character did not complete the mission(s) in the Xbox 360 version.

Obviously, if the mission is available to the character on the Xbox One version, completing it should unlock the Achievement. However, the mission will not be offered again on a save transfer if it had already been completed on the Xbox 360. Hence, the "Creature Slaughter" missions are not repeatable.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 July 19 at 09:06, Edited on 22 July 19 at 20:45 by EarthboundX
Don't believe the main game has any repeatable sidequests, so that may not be correct.

Seems if you've done every side quest before you import, you may have to start all over and do them all again on a high difficulty, or a new character.

Heard a couple people say they've gotten it to pop by playing a single arena wave in another person's game, so I'm gonna give that a try.
CraigyB78
CraigyB78
Posted on 12 August 19 at 14:34
Will be starting both games this week, thanks for this guide.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.