The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 19th, 2019

AuthorMessage
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:01
HolyHalfDead said:
WB know how much EB Games can charge for an old second hand LEGO game - so they are not going to make the digital version cheaper than that. Same for New Zealand and it sucks.
At the moment the 360 Lego titles are in the 4-for-$20 deal :D

HolyHalfDead said:
Add $20 USD store credit (from amazon.com) to your account and buy it from the US marketplace (by changing your Xbox One console region to US).
Just tried that, won't let me redeem the code from the website. "Currency Mismatch". Will give it a go from the console when I get home from work. While I'm there I'll get Curse of the Moon installed.

HolyHalfDead said:
Season Passes hardly ever drop in price - since there are no cheap copies of them in the stores. Usually better to get a combined discount on the Gold/Deluxe/GOTY/Complete edition, than hold out for a cheap Season Pass.
Sadly no Gold/Deluxe versions of the 360 titles :( I should stop playing those old things...
Peace Through Tyranny
jasonlc3221
jasonlc3221
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:05, Edited on 19 February 19 at 02:08 by jasonlc3221
HolyHalfDead said:
Wicelow said:
A sale should only have games at the cheapest price they have ever had (or cheaper, obviously) !!
I don't think you understand how sales work. If you walked into a store that was having a sale and knew that everything would be as cheap or cheaper in the next sale - how many things would you buy?
"Walk" into a store? WTF is that? I think my grandpa used to "walk" to get into stores, but I use this thing called the internet for my purchases.

Any savvy buyer would know that if sale prices have been lower in the past, then a new sale with HIGHER "sale" prices isn't worth it and we'll just WAIT for the next sale.

Let's not play stupid here. This is 2019, not 1919. The internet is FULL of information, including prices of past sales. Lego and WB aren't gonna get any of my money on this so-called "sale." Lego Movie was only $5 in the previous two sales they were featured in. $11 this time around for a game that's now even older than it was 3 months ago? No thanks. For such an old game, those of us that haven't purchased it by this point can just wait another few months for he next time it's on sale, and hopefully at much more respectable price point than this $11 BS they're trying to pull.
Unpredictable D
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:10
why is TT isle of man so expensive ? 40% off and still 43.19 $...I'd buy it around 20
audiosurf for xbox, please !
guns vs kittens
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:20
I've been debating getting Red Dead for a few days, lucky me laugh
Devil cracked the earthly shell, foretold she was the one. Blew hope into the room and said "You have to live before you die young"
CHAOTIC IZUAL
CHAOTIC IZUAL
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:21
Are the sniper ghost warrior games bc? If so i'll pick up all 3
sugar is sweet lemons are sour spread your legs and feel my power :D
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:34
I've been waiting for a digital sale on RDR2 for ages but the fact that this has happened this early makes me want to just wait since I know I won't be starting it immediately. I've still got some other games I want to finish up.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 19 February 19 at 02:35
MushaConvoy said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Season Passes hardly ever drop in price - since there are no cheap copies of them in the stores. Usually better to get a combined discount on the Gold/Deluxe/GOTY/Complete edition, than hold out for a cheap Season Pass.
Sadly no Gold/Deluxe versions of the 360 titles :( I should stop playing those old things...
Unfortunately very true. Which is why right now I'm seriously considering spending $6 for LEGO Force Awakens and $10 for its Season Pass.
57 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 3,100 achievements/trophies earned in LEGO games!
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 19 February 19 at 03:00, Edited on 19 February 19 at 03:00 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I put all the RPGs I don't have in my wishlist for sale notifications. I get more notifications for Beast Quest than every other RPG combined (not hyperbole). That game must be on sale 50 times a year.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 19 February 19 at 03:06, Edited on 19 February 19 at 03:16 by HolyHalfDead
jasonlc3221 said:
{#}Walk{#} into a store? WTF is that? I think my grandpa used to {#}walk{#} to get into stores, but I use this thing called the internet for my purchases.

Any savvy buyer would know that if sale prices have been lower in the past, then a new sale with HIGHER {#}sale{#} prices isn't worth it and we'll just WAIT for the next sale.

Let's not play stupid here. This is 2019, not 1919. The internet is FULL of information, including prices of past sales. Lego and WB aren't gonna get any of my money on this so-called {#}sale.{#} Lego Movie was only $5 in the previous two sales they were featured in. $11 this time around for a game that's now even older than it was 3 months ago? No thanks. For such an old game, those of us that haven't purchased it by this point can just wait another few months for he next time it's on sale, and hopefully at much more respectable price point than this $11 BS they're trying to pull.
Given the amount of teenagers I see spending their free time at the mall, I'm pretty sure walking into a store is still a thing done by most people who are physically able to. Whilst the internet does enable you to have absolutely everything delivered to you - even your dinner or your next car, I think many people still like to inspect some items before they buy them, not just your grandpa.

Given your wonderful theory about sales, I suppose when games are not on sale nobody buys them?

If you see a $20 game that you are kind of interested in on sale for $11 again and again, then when you see it for $5 you jump on it (especially if it had been $5 in the past and you missed it). If it was $5 again and again you may not buy it in the belief you can buy it some other time. That's how sales work, and on that I think you agree.

We all know how much cheaper old games like RDR and Bully have been in the past, but those days are gone so if you want them you just have to pay the lowest price they are offered for now.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 19 February 19 at 03:11
MushaConvoy said:
HolyHalfDead said:
Add $20 USD store credit (from amazon.com) to your account and buy it from the US marketplace (by changing your Xbox One console region to US).
Just tried that, won't let me redeem the code from the website. {#}Currency Mismatch{#}. Will give it a go from the console when I get home from work. While I'm there I'll get Curse of the Moon installed.
Yes, you need to redeem the code from your console after changing the region. Alternatively you can use a VPN, but it is not necessary.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 19 February 19 at 05:21
lmao who buys games digitally anymore? I have them directly transferred to my brain through self-driving neural pathways. Get with the times, old man.
Predefiance
Predefiance
Posted on 19 February 19 at 06:03
Might grab Stick it to the Man for some easy achievements.
Nox Mortiis
Nox Mortiis
Posted on 19 February 19 at 06:27
I'm tempted to grab Thronebreaker for some more lovely Witcher games, but I'll hold off for now.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 19 February 19 at 06:28, Edited on 19 February 19 at 06:37 by Stinky Big Buds
Fez40 said:
>Red Dead Redemption 2, $40.19

Microsoft is getting sneaky, so people in other countries can't just buy gift cards...
It's cheaper than in my country, but I'd have to buy a $50 gift card to pay 19 cents, so it basically works out the same price as my own country. roll

How else do I get 19 cents?
Paypal or direct debit maybe, i'm not sure how it works in the US but it would be quite easy in the UK. You wouldn't even need to leave the house.

Or you could just buy a £40 gift card (if you really wanted to, sounds like a pain in the ass and ass over tit way of doing things) and it would take the 19cents straight out of the bank? That's how mine works.
Blaizicus
Blaizicus
Posted on 19 February 19 at 06:44
Tempted to give LOTF another go with the DLC being that cheap. :)
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 19 February 19 at 06:52
Unpredictable D said:
why is TT isle of man so expensive ? 40% off and still 43.19 $...I'd buy it around 20
Same reason Handball, Tour de France, Rugby, AFL, Cricket etc games are all massively overpriced, cos they're niche titles.

I think it's ridiculous and they should be cheaper, not more expensive, but that's how it's been for years now with those kinda games unfortunately.
Unpredictable D
Posted on 19 February 19 at 07:08
^^^^

TT is just a racing game, how is that a niche title ? roll
audiosurf for xbox, please !
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 19 February 19 at 07:48
The 'Doom and Destiny' on PC really threw me off, I thought it was a good deal for 'Doom' and 'Destiny' for a moment.
maguzzolo
maguzzolo
Posted on 19 February 19 at 08:12
Was hoping for a big discount on F1 2018, saw it at 19.90 on ps store just the other day.
The Manic Moose
Posted on 19 February 19 at 08:28
Oooo Mark McMorris Infinite Air, I think it’s the only snowboarding game I am yet to have done. Very tempted but then it’s another game to the backlog...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.