Game Discussion: Final Fantasy IX Forum

Jump Rope Achievements?

AuthorMessage
AttitudePark
AttitudePark
Posted on 19 February 19 at 14:59
I tried on Xbox and my thumb can't handle it (I have a bone disease so mashing for a long time isn't an option for me)
I tried on Play Anywhere and the framerate drops make it impossible. I even tried taking a script that was made for the PS4 which, again, framerate drops ruin it.

I have three achievements left to get in this game and two of them involve this minigame.

What can I do?
AttitudePark
Harvey8irdman
Harvey8irdman
Posted on 19 February 19 at 22:46
I personally am hoping someone can come along and reverse engineer the ps4 remoteplay script. I have toyed with it and the best results i can get are when i remove latency from the script as the game is now running on my laptop instead of the ps4. However, it gets to the first speed change and i dont know what to do in the script to adjust to the speed.
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 24 February 19 at 20:26
Yeah, I'm curious if those that have gotten 1000 jumps are doing it legitimately because I've tried so many times, but the change in frame rate is making it nearly impossible. Best I've gotten so far is 667, but then the frames dropped. Ugh.
Tempus edax rerum
nodge
nodge
Posted on 24 February 19 at 23:09
I managed to get it today. I did on the PS1 as a child/teenager but this version seemed a bit more difficult. Not sure if CRTs made it slightly easier, but I’m glad it’s out the way. I think I might be one of the fortunate ones in so far as I don’t have the frame rate issues others are having. I’m just in Pandemonium and haven’t had any experience of dropped frames, at least not anything noticeable.
Xboxoholic
Xboxoholic
Posted on 24 February 19 at 23:15
Twincats said:
Yeah, I'm curious if those that have gotten 1000 jumps are doing it legitimately because I've tried so many times, but the change in frame rate is making it nearly impossible. Best I've gotten so far is 667, but then the frames dropped. Ugh.
I got it legitimately, but it took a lot of practise and patience. To solve the latency issue, I played on PC. To solve the frame rate issue, I made the game window very small, which kept it steady most of the time (although the frame rate did dip slightly sometimes when those kids ran onto screen, which ended several promising runs which was infuriating.)

I can't overstate how useful it is to close all other programs and resize the window it's only a few inches across. You've passed the double Dutch phase which is the hardest part - all about keeping your cool after that.
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 25 February 19 at 03:57
nodge said:
I managed to get it today. I did on the PS1 as a child/teenager but this version seemed a bit more difficult. Not sure if CRTs made it slightly easier, but I’m glad it’s out the way. I think I might be one of the fortunate ones in so far as I don’t have the frame rate issues others are having. I’m just in Pandemonium and haven’t had any experience of dropped frames, at least not anything noticeable.
Grats on getting 1000 jumps. I have heard of some players using CRTs to aid in this achievement. It is supposedly better for timing. Did you actually use one?

Xboxoholic said:
Twincats said:
I got it legitimately, but it took a lot of practise and patience. To solve the latency issue, I played on PC. To solve the frame rate issue, I made the game window very small, which kept it steady most of the time (although the frame rate did dip slightly sometimes when those kids ran onto screen, which ended several promising runs which was infuriating.)

I can't overstate how useful it is to close all other programs and resize the window it's only a few inches across. You've passed the double Dutch phase which is the hardest part - all about keeping your cool after that.
Haha, I have tried closing all other programs and resizing the window, but I think doing it on disc one is more difficult. The NPCs running around seem to lower the frame rate on occasion. But that's just it, I've been attempting the challenge on disc 4 and there are still frame rate drops occurring. I won't give up, but I hope there is a patch to address these issues because I have a great internet connection and a higher-end computer.

This frustration hearkens back to the PS1 days and though my disgust of jump ropes persists THE ACHIEVEMENT WILL BE MINE.
Tempus edax rerum
Xboxoholic
Xboxoholic
Posted on 25 February 19 at 09:58
Honestly mate, I don't even know what a CRT is so I'm gonna assume I didn't use one haha.

It's immensely frustrating trying to do this. Like you, I lost many good runs because of erratic frame rates. On the run when I finally got it, the frame rate was unstable and it nearly threw me on several occasions.
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 25 February 19 at 10:07
Xboxoholic said:
Honestly mate, I don't even know what a CRT is so I'm gonna assume I didn't use one haha.

It's immensely frustrating trying to do this. Like you, I lost many good runs because of erratic frame rates. On the run when I finally got it, the frame rate was unstable and it nearly threw me on several occasions.
Cathode ray tube televisions. Antiquated standard-definition TVs from back in the day.

It is frustrating, but I'll get it eventually. Just like I did back in 2000. Regardless, thanks for all the input and suggestions. Especially with windowed mode. That has helped considerably.
Tempus edax rerum
nodge
nodge
Posted on 25 February 19 at 10:59
Twincats said:
nodge said:
Grats on getting 1000 jumps. I have heard of some players using CRTs to aid in this achievement. It is supposedly better for timing. Did you actually use one?
No, I didn't use a CRT. I used my Xbox One S on my LG TV for the majority of the game (including this achievement) and occasionally dipped onto my laptop when my girlfriend wanted the TV.
Swinny Costello
Posted on 27 February 19 at 04:41
I wonder if the frame rate is more stable based on location? Since the jump rope moves to the steeple in Disc 4, I wonder if that has less on-screen activity than the other location.
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 27 February 19 at 07:27
Swinny Costello said:
I wonder if the frame rate is more stable based on location? Since the jump rope moves to the steeple in Disc 4, I wonder if that has less on-screen activity than the other location.
It is much more stable on disc 3/4. I've been losing my mind there because of the occasional frame drop though, haha. But it is much better than disc 1.
Tempus edax rerum
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.