Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

This Weekend's Xbox Live Gold Free Play Days: The Halo Wars Series

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 21 February 19 at 09:28
Get tactical with 343's strategy series

Please click here to read the story: This Weekend's Xbox Live Gold Free Play Days: The Halo Wars Series
Evil Kenivl
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 21 February 19 at 10:37
Do i get acces to the dlc during these free days aswell? I never tried out a game during the free days because i already owned almost all of them…

But now im really interested because i dont own the Nightmare and Spearbreaker DLC...
I bought me the ultimate edt. for WIN10 and dont wanted to pay again for the dlc that was released "outside" of the Season pass...

Thanks Forward for any info ;-)
Gaming since 1990!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 21 February 19 at 11:25, Edited on 21 February 19 at 12:13 by HolyHalfDead
While the games are available to try in their entirety, the first Halo Wars can take up to 30 hours to complete
I think the wording you are looking for is "can take at least 25 hours to complete". 60 people say it took less than 30 hours, whereas 91 say it took more than 30 hours. Many people on TA lie (or are in denial) about how long they take to complete a game, which is stupid because no one can see you bragging that you did it in 25 hours when it actually took you 50.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
branstoneboy
branstoneboy
Posted on 21 February 19 at 11:37
Just a side note that in Halo Wars 2 the online Blitz community is still very active and worth a go if you've not tried it before. It's a bit hard to get into but after your first few games it all becomes clear.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 21 February 19 at 12:30
Good timing. Halo Wars will be 10 years old next week. I never could be bothered to get to general rank on it...
Wake me, when you need me.
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 21 February 19 at 12:34
Halo wars only takes 6 hours to complete if u know how to do it
xLsWx
xLsWx
Posted on 21 February 19 at 12:43
Quickdontdie said:
I'll call bullshit on this one....campaign on legendary, with collectables etc will take that long alone
FreelancerMillz
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:07
If you have not played these then you’re in for a treat. Such good games.
ClassierPompano
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:30
xLsWx said:
Quickdontdie said:
I'll call bullshit on this one....campaign on legendary, with collectables etc will take that long alone
You just don't know how to do it. Neither do I but it is about how you do it.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:32
Speedrun record is 91 minutes, although I am unaware as to the difficulty setting
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:35
You just gotta know how to do it
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:37, Edited on 21 February 19 at 13:38 by Yazite
ClassierPompano said:
xLsWx said:
Quickdontdie said:
You just don't know how to do it. Neither do I but it is about how you do it.
First of all, there's this achievement which obviously means you can't complete it so quickly.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition24 Hours of QualityThe 24 Hours of Quality achievement in Halo Wars: Definitive Edition worth 59 pointsPlay Halo Wars for at least 24 Total hours.

Then, it definitely takes at least 2 campaign playthroughs to get 1m score. That's probably close to 10 hours. Then you've got all the other misc achievements and they definitely add up in terms of time. Definitely not possible to do in 6 hours. Also considering the majority of people on here are not Halo Wars gods, that will factor into time played.
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:47
I meant 60 hours my bad
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:51, Edited on 21 February 19 at 13:51 by Yazite
Quickdontdie said:
I meant 60 hours my bad
Perhaps you're confused with the 360 version, which I would agree would take around 60 hours, but the XB1 version which is the version in question as per the article, probably takes half of that time, maybe slightly less.
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:53
Yazite said:
Quickdontdie said:
I meant 60 hours my bad
Perhaps you're confused with the 360 version, which I would agree would take around 60 hours, but the XB1 version which is the version in question as per the article, probably takes half of that time, maybe slightly less.
When clicked it said 80-100 which is hard to do in a weekend but 60 is easy
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 21 February 19 at 13:59
I always class "complete it" as "beat the campaign"
Zeekman LaRude
Posted on 21 February 19 at 14:21
TheGreatKoala said:
I always class "complete it" as "beat the campaign"
Agreed. That's what "beating" a game has meant since the NES days.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 21 February 19 at 14:24
Quickdontdie said:
Yazite said:
Quickdontdie said:
I meant 60 hours my bad
Trolling in your free time I see.

Would recommend these games to anyone.
Harbringernight
Posted on 21 February 19 at 16:20, Edited on 21 February 19 at 16:22 by Harbringernight
Quickdontdie said:
Yazite said:
Quickdontdie said:
I meant 60 hours my bad
How do you go from git gud to "my bad" once called out and not expect to look ridiculous?
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 21 February 19 at 16:47
Halo Wars is easily a 25ish if you know what you're doing, so tack on a bit more if anyone isn't familiar with it and is trying to complete it this weekend.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.