Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Lost Planet Series And Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
Visions of Gore
Posted on 21 February 19 at 22:12
I just finished Code Veronica about a week ago on the 360, I find it hilariously ironic it goes BC right after laugh. I'm surprised to see it get so much praiseshock. I had to force myself to play it, I thought it was utter poop. The only enjoyment I got out of it was the way Steve said "sorry". That shit reminded me of the BP drilling episode of South Park and made me laugh so hard. laugh
Happy for fans of the game though, I just can't understand why toast
Friggin Grease
Posted on 21 February 19 at 22:17
Does anyone know what I get for Lost Planet Colonies edition or whatever it is? I bought this on disc on release YEARS ago before that came out.
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 21 February 19 at 23:03
Healtti said:
Lost Planet: Extreme ConditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition worth 480 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
There are people who got it a couple months back, how is it unobtainable?
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 21 February 19 at 23:53
On the subject of RE CVX. Is there an easy way to beat it with an S rank? I am aware of the health cheat but the game is just hard to speedrun.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 22 February 19 at 00:09
Hanx said:
On the subject of RE CVX. Is there an easy way to beat it with an S rank? I am aware of the health cheat but the game is just hard to speedrun.
Just gotta memorize. Health glitch will remove the stress of dying so it just comes down to remembering where to go
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 February 19 at 00:12
InugamiTheHound said:
what the different between lost planet and lost planet:Colonies??
Friggin Grease said:
Does anyone know what I get for Lost Planet Colonies edition or whatever it is? I bought this on disc on release YEARS ago before that came out.
Colonies includes all the content that was DLC for the original version, plus additional exclusive multiplayer content.

Also, Colonies was released as a GFWL title, which shares an achievement list and is cross-playable with the 360 version. The original game was 360 only, and can't play with Colonies.

And of course, because this is TA, I should point out that the original game and Colonies have separate achievement lists.

There's not really much of a reason to get both, unless you really want to double dip.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 February 19 at 00:18, Edited on 22 February 19 at 00:51 by EarthboundX
Hanx said:
I followed a S rank speedrun video basically, I watched the video room to room, while having the game paused, then I'd try to repeat what the player did in the video in each room.

With the infinite herb it was pretty simple actually.
TruthfulSkate8
Posted on 22 February 19 at 00:20, Edited on 22 February 19 at 00:23 by TruthfulSkate8
Healtti said:
Lost Planet: Extreme ConditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition worth 480 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
What a stupid comment.
If anything were actually unobtainable, it would be LP2 PC's leaderboard achievements, since those were hacked since it's original release with impossible times.

And LP2 on 360 would be 'partially discontinued' as the leaderboards have been blocked by unbeatable times.

But no, LP1 of all things is 'Literally unobtainable'...facepalm
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 22 February 19 at 01:08, Edited on 22 February 19 at 01:09 by Hanx
EarthboundX said:
Hanx said:
I followed a S rank speedrun video basically, I watched the video room to room, while having the game paused, then I'd try to repeat what the player did in the video in each room.

I can imagine the hunters, bandersnatchers and tyrant being a pain. Imagine doing really well and being killed by one of them. shock

When I did RE1 remake and RE Zero speedruns, believe it or not I found it easier with alternate controls. So I might find it a bit harder with tank controls. I'm not new to tank controls by any means because I've completed RE1 original, RE2, RE3 loads of times back in the PS1 days.
Cubivore
Cubivore
Posted on 22 February 19 at 01:17
TruthfulSkate8 said:
If anything were actually unobtainable, it would be LP2 PC's leaderboard achievements, since those were hacked since it's original release with impossible times.

And LP2 on 360 would be 'partially discontinued' as the leaderboards have been blocked by unbeatable times.

It'd be great if Capcom reset the LP2 leaderboards to coincide with it going BC, although even then the game is an absolutely horrific grind to 100% from what I can tell.
Friggin Grease
Posted on 22 February 19 at 01:25
zeldafanjtl said:
InugamiTheHound said:
Friggin Grease said:
Colonies includes all the content that was DLC for the original version, plus additional exclusive multiplayer content.

Also, Colonies was released as a GFWL title, which shares an achievement list and is cross-playable with the 360 version. The original game was 360 only, and can't play with Colonies.

And of course, because this is TA, I should point out that the original game and Colonies have separate achievement lists.

There's not really much of a reason to get both, unless you really want to double dip.
Wasn't all the DLC free with Lost Planet anyway? I seem to have it all, so it's got no difference between the version I have?
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 February 19 at 01:30, Edited on 22 February 19 at 01:30 by EarthboundX
Hanx said:
EarthboundX said:
Hanx said:

I can imagine the hunters, bandersnatchers and tyrant being a pain. Imagine doing really well and being killed by one of them. shock

When I did RE1 remake and RE Zero speedruns, believe it or not I found it easier with alternate controls. So I might find it a bit harder with tank controls. I'm not new to tank controls by any means because I've completed RE1 original, RE2, RE3 loads of times back in the PS1 days.
Believe me, I died while doing that part with the cannon and the dropping weight, I misjudged the timing and was one hit killed by the falling weight. I was not happy.

All the enemy fights were easy, as I used the infinite herb glitch.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 February 19 at 01:31
Friggin Grease said:
zeldafanjtl said:
InugamiTheHound said:
Friggin Grease said:

Wasn't all the DLC free with Lost Planet anyway? I seem to have it all, so it's got no difference between the version I have?
Other then the separate achievement lists I'm not sure they are any different, not 100% on that though.
Prolific Pluto
Posted on 22 February 19 at 02:19
Well maybe ill complete some achievements in LOST PLANET considering my status is 10/1000 gs right now all the way at the bottom of my game list... lol clearly I didn't enjoy the game much back then, maybe it'll be somewhat tolerable on the xbox one now laugh I think its at gamestop for 3$ get it before they mark up the prices if you don't own it like myself anymore! ( ive seen mark ups at game stop on titles that become BC)
PROLIFIC PLUTO
Krows Graveyard
Posted on 22 February 19 at 03:53
Sonic 06 please!
If you're reading this, you aren't hunting Achievements.
platinumpwnzor
Posted on 22 February 19 at 04:33
I'm honestly shocked that the whores at Capcom didn't make "HD" re-releases for Xbox One instead of making these backwards-compatible, like with many of their other titles (many of which I bought on 360 during sales but remain unplayed due to RRoD. Still salty about DMC HD collection not being made BC.)

I appreciate the Lost Planet and Code Veronica TA ratio boosts though. dance
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 February 19 at 04:39
EarthboundX said:
Friggin Grease said:
zeldafanjtl said:
InugamiTheHound said:
Friggin Grease said:

Other then the separate achievement lists I'm not sure they are any different, not 100% on that though.
The DLC wasn't free on release. And as I said, Colonies had all the DLC, plus additional exclusive multiplayer content. I think it was a few new maps and game modes.
obtuse language
Posted on 22 February 19 at 04:45
Maybe they'TruthfulSkate8 said:
Healtti said:

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
What a stupid comment.

Maybe after all these years they'll reset them? ha...ahaha..a.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 22 February 19 at 04:57
TruthfulSkate8 said:
Healtti said:

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
What a stupid comment.

I mean, super clear that he was joking. At least to me. Few people seem to have got that though. Is sarcasm dead?

Anyways, it's not partially discontinued (speaking of LP2 360). Except for the ONE glitched leaderboard, there is not a single leaderboard out of the remaining 49 that can't still be beaten for the NUMBER 1 nom de guerre. Most of the legitimate PS3 times/scores are better. Check my new leaderboard times thread on the Lost Planet 2 forum for an idea of how the leaderboards are gradually being taken back from the major scorehound.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
EvolvedMonkey97
Posted on 22 February 19 at 05:30
Nice, I started the RE series for the first time ever this generation and was kinda bummed that I wouldn't get to play Code Veronica. Now I just need that R3make and I can get all caught up.
Choose The Impossible
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.