Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Lost Planet Series And Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
Rainleaf
Rainleaf
Posted on 22 February 19 at 05:51
Great news clap
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 February 19 at 08:48, Edited on 22 February 19 at 11:06 by EarthboundX
platinumpwnzor said:
I'm honestly shocked that the whores at Capcom didn't make {#}HD{#} re-releases for Xbox One instead of making these backwards-compatible, like with many of their other titles (many of which I bought on 360 during sales but remain unplayed due to RRoD. Still salty about DMC HD collection not being made BC.)

I appreciate the Lost Planet and Code Veronica TA ratio boosts though. dance
Why would that be an issue? I bought all their RE Xbox One ports, didn't pay more than 8-9 bucks for each of them.

You don't have to buy ports if you don't want to after all. They are nice for us who want to play those games again, while also earning more achievements.
aphexbr
aphexbr
Posted on 22 February 19 at 11:01
Healtti said:
Lost Planet: Extreme ConditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition worth 480 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
The guy who obtained it last week would probably disagree with you.
HWNDarkside
HWNDarkside
Posted on 22 February 19 at 11:30
Healtti said:
Lost Planet: Extreme ConditionSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Lost Planet: Extreme Condition worth 480 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
Not unobtainable...incredibly difficult though.
I've been stuck on Mission 3, Extreme, "A" since 2007. I boot up the game every 12 months or so to see if I can hit it...

Here's the guide... http://www.dmbledore.com/LostPlanet/TargetMarks/
www.hardcorewillneverdie.com
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 22 February 19 at 11:45, Edited on 22 February 19 at 11:46 by EarthboundX
HWNDarkside said:
Healtti said:

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
I've been stuck on Mission 3, Extreme, "A" since 2007. I boot up the game every 12 months or so to see if I can hit it...

So why is it so hard for a collectible achievement? The game is just super hard on Extreme so that makes the collectibles really hard to get?

Lost Planet was one of the first 360 games I ever played, but I didn't finish it, got to mission 8 based on the achs I have in it, no idea why I stopped, I remember liking it.
Balnazzard
Balnazzard
Posted on 22 February 19 at 12:44
EarthboundX said:
HWNDarkside said:
Healtti said:

Literally unobtainable.

Flag it, bois.
I've been stuck on Mission 3, Extreme, {#}A{#} since 2007. I boot up the game every 12 months or so to see if I can hit it...

So why is it so hard for a collectible achievement? The game is just super hard on Extreme so that makes the collectibles really hard to get?

Lost Planet was one of the first 360 games I ever played, but I didn't finish it, got to mission 8 based on the achs I have in it, no idea why I stopped, I remember liking it.
Pretty much ye...I remember just playing through this on normal difficulty and having harder time with it on some levels than expected from game like this.
Killerfrog527
Killerfrog527
Posted on 22 February 19 at 16:57
Finally! It's about time for Code Veronica X, I've been waiting for this since BC was a thing. I had given up on it, never thought it would happen. I'm stoked!
Hellgate Aeon
Hellgate Aeon
Posted on 22 February 19 at 19:10
nice. but it is ubisofts turn now:
Graw 2
Hawx
Hawx 2
SC CT

and hello EA?
burnout 3, MoH and MoHW pleaselaugh
KAW 24
KAW 24
Posted on 22 February 19 at 21:55
EarthboundX said:

For me, the challenging part of Extreme difficulty is that your T-ENG decreases at a much greater rate. This means it can be a struggle just to complete a mission even when taking the most direct route, nevermind venturing off the beaten track for target marks. I can see myself getting back to this sooner now that it is BC.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 22 February 19 at 22:01
I wish they would make a whole series BC before leaving sequels in the dust. Army of Two years ago and the other 2 are just twisting in the wind.

Are all the CODs even BC yet? It took ages for MW2 and that game was ultra popular.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 February 19 at 22:52
J4CKA1 said:
I wish they would make a whole series BC before leaving sequels in the dust. Army of Two years ago and the other 2 are just twisting in the wind.

Are all the CODs even BC yet? It took ages for MW2 and that game was ultra popular.
Still missing Classic, Big Red One, the original Xbox version of 3, and Black Ops III.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backward_compatible_ga...
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 23 February 19 at 00:57
EarthboundX said:
Believe me, I died while doing that part with the cannon and the dropping weight, I misjudged the timing and was one hit killed by the falling weight. I was not happy.

All the enemy fights were easy, as I used the infinite herb glitch.
How was the Nosferatu fight? He's hard at best of times with the sniper rifle when you're trying to aim for his heart. I watched a speedrun by CarcinogenSDA and he did it with glitching explosive arrows. Is it possible to glitch playing manual with other things?
Cubivore
Cubivore
Posted on 23 February 19 at 01:12
KAW 24 said:
EarthboundX said:

For me, the challenging part of Extreme difficulty is that your T-ENG decreases at a much greater rate. This means it can be a struggle just to complete a mission even when taking the most direct route, nevermind venturing off the beaten track for target marks. I can see myself getting back to this sooner now that it is BC.
Yep. I finished the game and all the targets on hard, but burned out on Extreme on mission 7. It's just brutally unfun, you shed T-ENG so fast that even stopping for a few seconds to line up a shot on a target marker can leave you with too little T-ENG to realistically finish the level. For what it's worth, the first 3 missions are definitely the hardest on Extreme, so if you get through them the rest of the game is comparatively a breeze, but even then it's just not any fun at all.

I've beaten games that are substantially more difficult than Lost Planet on extreme difficulty, it's really just a case of the ways in which the difficulty is increased make the game aggressively unfun instead of challenging and rewarding.
ジャン ベリオス
Posted on 23 February 19 at 02:14
RECV YES!
Jan
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 23 February 19 at 06:02, Edited on 23 February 19 at 06:03 by mcnichoj
New Paralyzer said:
Spirochaete said:
but, will the back compat Code Veronica install from the JP-only disc version.

always wanted to get that. maybe ebay time compute
Of course it would.
We've had a few instances of where certain discs wouldn't work for new BC games although I think they're more careful now.
I tested my copy when I first heard but was too lazy to comment till now. The icon will display "Resident Evil" art but when you boot it up, it shows "BioHazard". Those unfamiliar with Japanese RE games; generally main menus and voices are in English, you get some censorship and then all the text in the actual game is in Japanese. I'm not sure about all the BH games but this one is easier than its western RE counter-part but not to the point where you should buy it over your local region one.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 23 February 19 at 08:47, Edited on 23 February 19 at 08:48 by EarthboundX
Hanx said:
EarthboundX said:
Believe me, I died while doing that part with the cannon and the dropping weight, I misjudged the timing and was one hit killed by the falling weight. I was not happy.

All the enemy fights were easy, as I used the infinite herb glitch.
How was the Nosferatu fight? He's hard at best of times with the sniper rifle when you're trying to aim for his heart. I watched a speedrun by CarcinogenSDA and he did it with glitching explosive arrows. Is it possible to glitch playing manual with other things?
Don't recall it being too bad, other than having to restart it a few times because Claire got poisoned. Plot poison that can make the game longer.

I believe you can glitch anything with the manual glitch, ammo and such, a green herb just ends up being the most useful.
Xardas945
Xardas945
Posted on 23 February 19 at 12:01
I like Code Veronica more than RE 4-6, great news!
Squeezefan
Squeezefan
Posted on 01 March 19 at 22:17
Just wondering how you can lose a planet. Car keys yes , Planet no.
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 03 March 19 at 01:38
EarthboundX said:
Hanx said:
Don't recall it being too bad, other than having to restart it a few times because Claire got poisoned. Plot poison that can make the game longer.

I believe you can glitch anything with the manual glitch, ammo and such, a green herb just ends up being the most useful.
It says in one of the solutions that it doesn't matter if Claire is poisoned because Chris can heal her. It doesn't prevent A rank, just time wise it slows you down. Nosferatu is very hard to get the so many heart shots needed to kill him but it's just so hard because of the fog and poison knocking you back.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 03 March 19 at 02:41, Edited on 03 March 19 at 02:47 by EarthboundX
Hanx said:
EarthboundX said:
Hanx said:

It says in one of the solutions that it doesn't matter if Claire is poisoned because Chris can heal her. It doesn't prevent A rank, just time wise it slows you down. Nosferatu is very hard to get the so many heart shots needed to kill him but it's just so hard because of the fog and poison knocking you back.
Yeah, but it adds time to the game, since Chris will have to go to another section, and get the cure for that poison. So when I did it I'd rather not have had to do that, so I just made sure I beat Nosferatu without being poisoned. I believe I used one of the saves right before the fight so I really lost nothing by making sure I wasn't poisoned.

Plus I believe in the video I was using, that player didn't get poisoned either, and I was trying to follow that to a T.

And remember, I had an infinite use herb, so there no way I was gonna die. I'm sure he'd be harder without that. Least I think I had that herb during that fight, been a few years so I can't remember when you're supposed to put that in the item box so Chris can grab it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.