Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox One Sports Games Available in 2019

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic580,347
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 15:10Permalink
    I wish there was a decent tennis game but the recent ones had poor reviews.
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 15:11Permalink
    No Super Mega Baseball 2 eh?

It's 3x better than anything EA Sports puts out.
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 15:14Permalink
    Madden 18 over Madden 19?
  • Dfaultz vDfaultz v149,690
    Posted on 25 February 19 at 15:31Permalink
    The Manic Moose said:
    AO Tennis i play and its actually very solid. Its around £20? i paid 30 a while back. You can import decent player faces for the main players and gameplay has improved almost every update! worth going for
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 16:13Permalink
    BudgetBallin360 said:
    Madden 18 over Madden 19?
    I remember the review said the story mode or whatever was awful in 2019, might be one reason why they picked the 2018 version.
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 16:15, Edited on 25 February 19 at 16:26 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    I know technically motorsports can be classed as sports games but racing games are --so so so-- much different styles of games (and different syles of sports) that I had to point it out.

Also racing games are infinitely superior than sports games (I hate team sports games and sportsball games in general so I am biased, but there it is).

Also [part II] TA already did a racing game article. Rocket League fits here though.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 16:21Permalink
    All really good games apart from nba 19 which I can not stand but these are my opinion
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 17:01Permalink
    EA is no longer supporting madden 18 in terms of ultimate team and roster updates. Even though 19 was "worse" than 18, it still gets updates and should be played over previous versions
    Twitter: EricDC
  • HumpyrtonHumpyrton702,899
    Posted on 25 February 19 at 17:01Permalink
    Madden 18 was utter garbage. 19 was somehow worse. Madden is centered around MUT which makes other modes awful. Franchise is a shell of itself. 17 or 16 was better
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 17:03Permalink
    I wish there was good rugby game. There's only a handfull and they're all absolutely shocking
    One does not simply stop playing xbox
  • Ingen kommentarIngen kommentar1,035,837
    Posted on 25 February 19 at 17:52Permalink
    Dfaultz v said:
    The Manic Moose said:
    AO Tennis i play and its actually very solid. Its around £20? i paid 30 a while back. You can import decent player faces for the main players and gameplay has improved almost every update! worth going for
    I gotta agree with this. Glad to hear others also had/having fun with this game.
    Ingen Kommentar
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty508,953
    Posted on 25 February 19 at 18:02Permalink
    I would hardly call F1 a sport
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 18:09Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    I would hardly call F1 a sport
    It is and it should be classified as one, even as a team sport. You think it doesn't take athletic endurance to compete at the levels F1 drivers and their team compete at?

Motorsports are the only sports I enjoy, but I addressed in an earlier comment why I think TA should have left racing games off this list, not least of all because they already did a racing games of 2019 article.
    Always number 2.
  • Rista BRista B405,516
    Posted on 25 February 19 at 18:14Permalink
    Humpyrton said:
    Madden 18 was utter garbage. 19 was somehow worse. Madden is centered around MUT which makes other modes awful. Franchise is a shell of itself. 17 or 16 was better
    I never play much franchise mode, so for me 19 is a step up as they have made some nice improvements to MUT and got rid of contracts. The story mode was not very good, to put it mildly.
    Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
  • Posted on 25 February 19 at 20:34Permalink
    Rocket League! rock
  • Mephisto4thewinMephisto4thewin1,519,937
    Posted on 25 February 19 at 21:26Permalink
    Where is AFL Evolution?????
  • vSullyvSully752,630
    Posted on 01 March 19 at 15:06, Edited on 01 March 19 at 15:07 by vSullyPermalink
    Please do an article on the best Collectible Card games! Many of them are Free to Play.
  • Posted on 01 March 19 at 18:02Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    I know technically motorsports can be classed as sports games but racing games are --so so so-- much different styles of games (and different syles of sports) that I had to point it out.

Also [part II] TA already did a racing game article. Rocket League fits here though.
    With you on all of this. Prefer racing to sports in general and even more so in games, but while I have a more favourable view of other sports than you I too do not think motorsports should have been included here.
  • Posted on 30 May 19 at 16:47Permalink
    FIFA 19
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.