The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 26th, 2019

• Posted on 26 February 19 at 05:59
    With the continued sales price drops of odyssey, you have to wonder is the gaming market crashing or is ubiquitous trying to rebound from the backlash on the controversial dlc.. my though is the latter, whichthey shouldn't have apologized for. However games dont seem to hold cash value anymore, but then gameplay value has also decreased save for a few games like odyssey as an example.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator200,084
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 06:11, Edited on 26 February 19 at 06:11 by V3ntilator
    Forza 6 Ultimate at 50% off is in reality around 80% off, and here is why.

The discount is in reality far higher. ...Actually they dropped the non sale price like 60% before going on sale lately, so in reality it's ~80% off right now vs a few months ago.

I know, because i paid about same as current price for Ultimate a year ago at 80% off discount.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator200,084
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 06:21
    BBIAJ said:
    The percentage off of Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold is wrong, it's only 40%, not 67%
    Still worthy the money with one of the best and most meaty season passes ever.

AC Origins Gold have correct currency conversion.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,331,629
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 06:27
    Firestormental said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Hmmm I’m tempted with fortune island, but it looked kinda underwhelming. Originally planned on getting day 1, but after reveal I was left very “meh” on it, well In comparison to FH3 expansions that is. Thoughts? Worth just waiting till both expansions our out and on sale? Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always!
    It's more Horizon 4, really. It isn't special or anything, but enjoyable enough if you liked the base game. It is heavy on drifting and offroading though, so keep that in mind.
    I personally didn't think much of it. It was 'okay'. Then again, I didn't really enjoy FH4 as much as I did FH3 or FH2 so my opinion might be slightly biased.
    Hope it helps!
    I really appreciate the response! Truth be told, your opinion seems to lie directly with mine of the game. No doubt, it’s a great game, but I immensely enjoyed FH3 more...like a lot more! Lol something just didn’t click for me with this one, the way 3 did. Also after playing the epic expansions, I was expecting something on a grand scale...suffice it to say, I was pretty shocked at how lackluster this looked. With regards to drifting, yea I’m one of those that pretty bad at it in general, not the worst by any means but not patient enough to want to be better at it. I just si ply don’t enjoy it personally. So with that said, I think I’ll hold off this one for now. Hopefully the next one they’ll go all out on. I imagine they’d have to. Fingers crossed it’s good enough to justify getting a bundle or something. Thanks again broth toast
    Matthew
  • Posted on 26 February 19 at 08:36
    On EU prices are literally the double than USA. I was going to buy Ac odyssey ultimate for $40 and I see it's at 69€, wich is arround $78... And the same with other versions. facepalm
  • Posted on 26 February 19 at 09:14
    Darksiders still broken... still not getting my money.
  • IBKJJIBKJJ594,304
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 09:16
    Tempted with Fortune Island and Crash and Spyro bundle, any thoughts?
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,550,713
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 09:43
    Can anyone explain the differences between the GTA V games on offer please?

Is Fortune Island a good price, is it likely to get much better than that?
    Legohead 1977
  • BasileusBasileus263,815
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 10:15
    Tempted by Transference... is this any good?
  • Posted on 26 February 19 at 10:30
    Already picked up farcry 5 from a store for less, might take the season pass for it tho.

Not a bad list tho
  • Posted on 26 February 19 at 10:32
    IBKJJ said:
    Hell yes! I have Crash trilogy and I'm really enjoying it, I'm still on the first game! I want to get Spyro in the future. smile
    Legohead 1977 said:
    Can anyone explain the differences between the GTA V games on offer please?

Is Fortune Island a good price, is it likely to get much better than that?
    If you want just the base game get the base game! The other editions includes GTA Online credits which can be used to purchase microtransactions for the Online component.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 February 19 at 10:56
    I really wish the Hoonigan DLC for Forza Horizon 3 would go on sale one day..
    Ingen Kommentar
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,906
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:13
    XenomorphFiend said:
    Why can't AC Origins DLC ever get a better discount, c'mon now.
    Get the Gold Edition. It includes the game and the Season Pass, for less that the price of the Season Pass.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:17, Edited on 26 February 19 at 11:18 by HolyHalfDead
    TheAnonymity said:
    I saw the sale on Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition and it looked very tempting. It says here on the website that it also include AC3 Remaster AND AC Liberation as well. Is this true? I looked it up on Xbox and it doesn't say anything about Liberation being included.
    The same way AC2R remastered included ACB and ACR, AC3R includes ACL. You cannot buy AC3R without ACL, or vice versa.

Crazy thing is AC3R will be $40, and yet if you buy ACOd Gold in this sale, you get everything for just $33.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:19
    Larvi said:
    Looking at AC Odyssey Gold but it looks like more DLC is on the way that won't be part of the existing season pass. I guess I will wait until they have a complete version, I hate piecemeal DLC.
    Everything is included in the Season Pass. There has never been any extra DLC for an AC game in the past, so I don't expect them to start now.
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:22, Edited on 26 February 19 at 11:23 by HolyHalfDead
    xXLILBRAZIL said:
    Tempted to get assassin's creed rogue remastered unless anyone can show me a cheaper version in Canada
    Well it is $24 new, or $19 pre-owned in ebgames New Zealand - so cheaper than the digital sale. It would be worth checking in your Canada shops.
  • I Boz lI Boz l959,966
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:31
    As others said, AC sales for EU are absolutely bull***t. Almost double price of US marketplace.

I'll wait for the summer sales to see if something changes
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:37
    MustangNights said:
    With the continued sales price drops of odyssey, you have to wonder is the gaming market crashing or is ubiquitous trying to rebound from the backlash on the controversial dlc.. my though is the latter, whichthey shouldn't have apologized for. However games dont seem to hold cash value anymore, but then gameplay value has also decreased save for a few games like odyssey as an example.
    AC Odyssey has done things very differently to other games. They have a continued support model, with content and updates dropping almost every week. The updates aren't just bug fixes, they add features being requested on the forums. I'm sure the aggressive pricing was part of the road map. If you don't own RDR2 or ACOd, and you only had $24 - which one would you buy? It's a trick question, because UBISoft have removed the choice.

The days of any game holding it's $60 price tag for 2 years have long since past.
    Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:41, Edited on 26 February 19 at 11:49 by HolyHalfDead
    I Boz l said:
    As others said, AC sales for EU are absolutely bull***t. Almost double price of US marketplace.

I'll wait for the summer sales to see if something changes
    The same holds true for all regions outside NA, Europe has not been singled out. The thing is games sell in higher quantities in NA, so the second hand bin is full of recent AAA games for $5 (so I am told). For example I asked in EBGames about AC Rogue today, and they said there were 8 second hand copies in the whole of New Zealand - just one store in the US probably has 8 copies!!! In the end I paid $24 for a new copy rather than drive 300km to the nearest store with stock to save $5 on a second hand copy.

If companies continued to charge $60 for digital, no one is going to pay it. Even at $24 those in NA still complain about high digital prices as it is $20 on Amazon, and $10 second hand.

While we can only dream about recent AAA games being as cheap as $24, it is actually good for us, as we can load up some USD on our MS account and get it cheaper than in local stores.
  • Posted on 26 February 19 at 11:55
    IBKJJ said:
    Crash and Spyro are very fun games, especially if you played the back on the PS1. I highly recommend them. toast

Tempted to pick up some of the AC stuff on sale. Haven't played an Assassin's Creed in forever, yet I seem to own the all besides Origins. laugh

Is the story still somewhat linear? I know what you're actually playing is isolated for the most part but there was always Desmon's (sp?) story that connected it all. Are Origins and Odyssey stand alone stories or do I need to play other games first to get the full experience? Appreciate any feedback in advance.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.