The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 26th, 2019

AuthorMessage
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 26 February 19 at 12:21
Will the Hoonigan DLC for Forza Horizon 3 ever go on sale?
no1SuperVillain
Posted on 26 February 19 at 12:36
Does anybody know if I just bought the Far Cry 5 Season Pass without owning FC5 could I still play Far Cry 3?

I know I could get the gold version for £13 more but by the time i get to 5 itll probably be a fiver or gwg.
jegino
jegino
Posted on 26 February 19 at 12:38
CarlosMaestre85 said:
Will the Hoonigan DLC for Forza Horizon 3 ever go on sale?
+1
Quantium G
Quantium G
Posted on 26 February 19 at 13:55
Omfg, when is the fucking AC Origins DLC pack going to be like $10? Why the fuck won't they drop it? $25 is still a ripoff.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 26 February 19 at 13:57
Should I get standard Far Cry 4 or the gold edition with the DLC? Help!
Wake me, when you need me.
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 26 February 19 at 14:25
YASSS Tom Clancy's The Division Gold Edition at 18€
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 26 February 19 at 14:37
FullNietzsche said:
Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island worth buying? I hear it has no multiplayer?
Its fun for a bit.
And Yes it has Multiplayer.
There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
I Boz l
I Boz l
Posted on 26 February 19 at 15:36
HolyHalfDead said:
While we can only dream about recent AAA games being as cheap as $24, it is actually good for us, as we can load up some USD on our MS account and get it cheaper than in local stores.
Sorry for the dumb question, but how does it work?
It's the same process like buying japanese games from the jp store?
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 26 February 19 at 15:50
Yazite said:
I would recommend the Gold Edition. I enjoyed the DLC in that game. Although, the only DLC that has achievements is the Yeti one. Is it cheaper to buy the base game and just that DLC?

Have fun! toast
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 26 February 19 at 15:55
Been waiting on that Trials Fusion DLC to go on sale for a while now, finally.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 26 February 19 at 16:20
Legohead 1977 said:
Can anyone explain the differences between the GTA V games on offer please?

Is Fortune Island a good price, is it likely to get much better than that?
Fortune Island is the best price so far, but in a few months will likely be 50% off, and later in the year likely 75% off. That's been the pattern with the past Horizon DLCs.

I bought it today. It's okay but pretty underwhelming tbh and given virtually all of the content is single player only, you aren't missing much by waiting for a bigger discount.
IBKJJ
IBKJJ
Posted on 26 February 19 at 16:35, Edited on 26 February 19 at 16:36 by IBKJJ
DeadlyName007 said:
IBKJJ said:
Tempted with Fortune Island and Crash and Spyro bundle, any thoughts?
Hell yes! I have Crash trilogy and I'm really enjoying it, I'm still on the first game! I want to get Spyro in the future. smile
Mr Peanutbubber said:
IBKJJ said:
Tempted with Fortune Island and Crash and Spyro bundle, any thoughts?
Crash and Spyro are very fun games, especially if you played the back on the PS1. I highly recommend them. toast
Thanks both! I haven't played any of them but I usually like platformers. I think I'll go for it smile

Mr Peanutbubber said:
Tempted to pick up some of the AC stuff on sale. Haven't played an Assassin's Creed in forever, yet I seem to own the all besides Origins. laugh

Is the story still somewhat linear? I know what you're actually playing is isolated for the most part but there was always Desmon's (sp?) story that connected it all. Are Origins and Odyssey stand alone stories or do I need to play other games first to get the full experience? Appreciate any feedback in advance.
Both are standalone stories and you can play them without having played the previous ones. Very minimal reference to other AC games.
ElementalWeapon
Posted on 26 February 19 at 17:53
no1SuperVillain said:
Does anybody know if I just bought the Far Cry 5 Season Pass without owning FC5 could I still play Far Cry 3?

I know I could get the gold version for £13 more but by the time i get to 5 itll probably be a fiver or gwg.
You should be able to. I’m only speaking from my experience though (US), but I was able to download FC3 Classic individually in the store since it recognized I had the FC5 season pass and it’s a part of it. I didn’t have to go through the FC5 in-game menus to download it, like some other games might force you.
ElementalWeapon
Posted on 26 February 19 at 18:15
Mahboobehs said:
TheAnonymity said:
I saw the sale on Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition and it looked very tempting. It says here on the website that it also include AC3 Remaster AND AC Liberation as well. Is this true? I looked it up on Xbox and it doesn't say anything about Liberation being included.
It is. AC Odyssey Gold is base Odyssey + Deluxe Edition content (weapons and stuff) + all free DLC announced to date + Episodic DLCs + AC3 Remaster + AC3 Lib. Remaster.

Fantastic fantastic deal at that price.
I thought the Deluxe extras were only available in the standalone Deluxe Edition, or in the Ultimate Edition. The Gold version only has the Season pass and not the Deluxe Edition items according to all information available (unless I’m missing something).
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 26 February 19 at 22:13
Got FH4 Fortune Island and I got it using a link on my favorite Mixer streamer so she was able to get a little commission. I would encourage anyone who buys digital to utilize your favorite Mixer streamer to help support them.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 26 February 19 at 23:17
Think I will finally pick up the AC: Origins Gold edition for $25. That's a price I can deal with. I will wait till the next sale or the one after that for Odyssey's Gold/Ultimate editions to drop in price a bit further. Seeing as this is what the 5th time they've gone on sale now? It's highly likely that next time they will be on sale for cheaper.
PhillipWendell
Posted on 27 February 19 at 01:44
Surprised that Far Cry Primal is more than Far Cry 5...
no1SuperVillain
Posted on 27 February 19 at 06:57
ElementalWeapon said:
no1SuperVillain said:

You should be able to. I’m only speaking from my experience though (US), but I was able to download FC3 Classic individually in the store since it recognized I had the FC5 season pass and it’s a part of it. I didn’t have to go through the FC5 in-game menus to download it, like some other games might force you.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
toast
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 27 February 19 at 08:15
Mr Peanutbubber said:
Yazite said:
I would recommend the Gold Edition. I enjoyed the DLC in that game. Although, the only DLC that has achievements is the Yeti one. Is it cheaper to buy the base game and just that DLC?

Have fun! toast
Thanks
Wake me, when you need me.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 27 February 19 at 09:36, Edited on 27 February 19 at 09:37 by Legohead 1977
DeadlyName007 said:
Legohead 1977 said:
Can anyone explain the differences between the GTA V games on offer please?

Is Fortune Island a good price, is it likely to get much better than that?
If you want just the base game get the base game! The other editions includes GTA Online credits which can be used to purchase microtransactions for the Online component.
There is a version which has credits but is a lower price than just the game, I assume that would be the one to go for? Just confirming I'm not missing anything!
Legohead 1977
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.