Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 01 March 19 at 11:39
Please use this thread to discuss the Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion walkthrough
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 01 March 19 at 23:41
I'm working on this one. Picked it up since it's GwG. It's not a long or difficult game so it should be a quick one.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 03 March 19 at 20:50
Hope you can figure out a way to make sure the final achievement pops; I'm too scared to touch the game until a sure-fire way to prevent it glitching is found.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 03 March 19 at 22:16
IronInfidel47 said:
Hope you can figure out a way to make sure the final achievement pops; I'm too scared to touch the game until a sure-fire way to prevent it glitching is found.
Reading through the solutions that have popped up since it became GWG, I don't think I'll be able to do that. I originally thought pulling the plug last was the problem, but that doesn't seem to be true. Another person suggested leaving the leveling up achievements for last, but some people get the glitch that way too. Going to try making my last achievement something other than leveling OR pulling the plug and see what happens, maybe that will do it.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 03 March 19 at 22:20
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
IronInfidel47 said:
Reading through the solutions that have popped up since it became GWG, I don't think I'll be able to do that. I originally thought pulling the plug last was the problem, but that doesn't seem to be true. Another person suggested leaving the leveling up achievements for last, but some people get the glitch that way too. Going to try making my last achievement something other than leveling OR pulling the plug and see what happens, maybe that will do it.
Good luck, hope it works.
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 05 March 19 at 15:32, Edited on 05 March 19 at 15:32 by ImJustYourDaddy
I would also recommend making sure that you don't earn more than 1 achievement for your final one.

I made sure to save one marshmallow kid to turn in to only earn the complete all side quests achievement at the end. I had no issues with the final achievement

It could just be luck though
Santino
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 06 March 19 at 03:19
ImJustYourDaddy said:
I would also recommend making sure that you don't earn more than 1 achievement for your final one.

I made sure to save one marshmallow kid to turn in to only earn the complete all side quests achievement at the end. I had no issues with the final achievement

It could just be luck though
Yeah I think they key is to leave one, and only one achievement left after pulling the plug. I think the reason keeping the level 10 achievements for last doesn't work is because there are four of them. I'm saving the torch achievement in Evil Forest myself, should be done tonight and then we'll see what happens.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 06 March 19 at 07:23
Pulled the plug with Flaming Goodness and Pirates of the Enchiridion as my last two achievements, and they both popped when I got the torch chest in the Evil Forest. Should have the walkthrough proofread and such in the next few days.
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 06 March 19 at 15:55
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Pulled the plug with Flaming Goodness and Pirates of the Enchiridion as my last two achievements, and they both popped when I got the torch chest in the Evil Forest. Should have the walkthrough proofread and such in the next few days.
Nice one
I really hope the trick is actually just leaving a single achievement after Pull the Plug. Hopefully, no one gets screwed over again
Santino
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 06 March 19 at 16:02
ImJustYourDaddy said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Nice one
I really hope the trick is actually just leaving a single achievement after Pull the Plug. Hopefully, no one gets screwed over again
Hopefully we can test this with a few more people though.
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 06 March 19 at 20:13
Well, I'm another one waiting for more info before i pick it up so i can prolly give some feedback too from my end. Thanks heaps for doing the walkthrough btw!
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 06 March 19 at 22:34, Edited on 06 March 19 at 22:34 by LV 1 Blue Slime
IronInfidel47 said:
ImJustYourDaddy said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Nice one
mamaani wrote a solution on saving the interrogation achievement and has 2 comments that say it worked for them, and none that said it didn't. NoApologies1988 saved the same achievement as me and got it as well, and someone in that other thread saved Landlubbers and got it. I haven't seen anyone who saved one achievement and didn't get it, so I'm going to write the walkthrough under this premise, because it seems sound.

Of course if you picked it up GWG you don't need to be in any rush, so you can wait. Who knows, they may even patch it soon. That would be nice...
SuperDuperLiam
Posted on 07 March 19 at 17:16
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
IronInfidel47 said:
ImJustYourDaddy said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Nice one
mamaani wrote a solution on saving the interrogation achievement and has 2 comments that say it worked for them, and none that said it didn't. NoApologies1988 saved the same achievement as me and got it as well, and someone in that other thread saved Landlubbers and got it. I haven't seen anyone who saved one achievement and didn't get it, so I'm going to write the walkthrough under this premise, because it seems sound.

Of course if you picked it up GWG you don't need to be in any rush, so you can wait. Who knows, they may even patch it soon. That would be nice...
Mate the Mamaani method is the way to do it.

If anyone passed the first interrogation then simply use another achievement that is not a side quest or related to 100% completion.

Let me know if you need help for the walkthrough as I have done this - i'd be happy to do this as well.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 08 March 19 at 00:56
SuperDuperLiam said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
IronInfidel47 said:
ImJustYourDaddy said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Nice one

Mate the Mamaani method is the way to do it.

If anyone passed the first interrogation then simply use another achievement that is not a side quest or related to 100% completion.

Let me know if you need help for the walkthrough as I have done this - i'd be happy to do this as well.
It's essentially done already just need to proofread it, doing it now. I do have two questions though. How do you purposely fail the first interrogation? I passed it with all red choices, do you have to pick all yellow options? The other question is do you need to fail the other interrogations or is it only the first one that counts?

I had already achieved that one when I saw that guy's solution, so I couldn't test it out. That's why I saved Flaming Goodness instead.
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 09 March 19 at 08:00
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I do have two questions though. How do you purposely fail the first interrogation? I passed it with all red choices, do you have to pick all yellow options? The other question is do you need to fail the other interrogations or is it only the first one that counts?
Yes, all yellow options. You have to be soft on him (game tells you to be hard).

And no you don't need to fail any other interrogation. You simply fail the first one, 2 mins into the game. Then you play the game normally and get every achievement u can and complete the game. Then you simply start a new game, go 2 mins on and pass that first interrogation.

That's the proposed method.
xNSHD
xNSHD
Posted on 09 March 19 at 17:42
can i ask what is the supposed problem with the final achievement that seems to make it glitch i dont understand?
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 09 March 19 at 22:34
xNSHD said:
can i ask what is the supposed problem with the final achievement that seems to make it glitch i dont understand?
The glitch is that Pirates of the Enchiridion (the achievement for having all other achievements) might not unlock when you get your second to last achievement. The end of the story involves "pulling the plug", which unlocks an achievement called Bath Time. If Bath Time is your very last achievement, PotE sometimes won't unlock . So most of the talk is centered around saving achievements to do AFTER pulling the plug, so Bath Time isn't your second to last achievement. So far, it seems saving any achievement aside from the leveling ones is good enough to avoid the glitch. The interrogation one is the earliest one you can "save", so that seems to be the one most people will go with.
xNSHD
xNSHD
Posted on 09 March 19 at 23:04
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
xNSHD said:
The glitch is that Pirates of the Enchiridion (the achievement for having all other achievements) might not unlock when you get your second to last achievement. The end of the story involves "pulling the plug", which unlocks an achievement called Bath Time. If Bath Time is your very last achievement, PotE sometimes won't unlock . So most of the talk is centered around saving achievements to do AFTER pulling the plug, so Bath Time isn't your second to last achievement. So far, it seems saving any achievement aside from the leveling ones is good enough to avoid the glitch. The interrogation one is the earliest one you can "save", so that seems to be the one most people will go with.
okay thanks for the reply ill wait for the walkthrough to get published before having a go at this.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 10 March 19 at 00:18
I'm going to finish it up tonight, so it'll just be on the overseer to proofread it then. It's a short walkthrough for a short game, so it shouldn't take too long to do. Think it's the shortest walkthrough I've ever written, actually. Pretty simple game.
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 10 March 19 at 11:06
So i can update now, funny thing happened while playing this game, i actually had the achievements glitching by being awarded EARLIER than they should. I did the plan as per above and when i pulled the plug i got the PotE achievement, even tho i had yet to start a new game and do the interrogation to get that one. There were other instances where i got achievements before i should have so it was actually super lenient for some reason with the awarding of achievements on my end.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.