Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Warframe Update Adds Time-sensitive Episodic Content

AuthorMessage
Luc1d Dreaming
Posted on 03 March 19 at 16:28
Tune in now for exclusive rewards

Please click here to read the story: Warframe Update Adds Time-sensitive Episodic Content
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 03 March 19 at 16:38
Umbra Forma.
AP
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 03 March 19 at 17:56
Anyone that is annoyed with only getting Vauban parts through alerts can now also buy them with Wolf cred.
Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 03 March 19 at 17:57
AP 8T8 said:
Umbra Forma.
amen
EYEHUNTER 42
EYEHUNTER 42
Posted on 03 March 19 at 18:17
completing challenges
I was actually hoping for more challenges like
WarframeBlack Seed Scourge IIThe Black Seed Scourge II challenge in WarframeAfter Challenge I, complete 3 Capture missions on Jupiter to acquire a total of 6 points
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 03 March 19 at 18:51
The game seems to change drastically now with EVERY update. I miss the old days where there wasn't always something brand new. I've stopped playing for a while now.
CasperTC
CasperTC
Posted on 03 March 19 at 19:10
It still blows my mind that this is a Free game. Especially after the latest dev stream showing the plains of eidolon upgrade and the new enemies on the way. The amount of work that Digital Extremes put into improvements and content really shames other bigger studios.
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 03 March 19 at 19:29
CasperTC said:
It still blows my mind that this is a Free game. Especially after the latest dev stream showing the plains of eidolon upgrade and the new enemies on the way. The amount of work that Digital Extremes put into improvements and content really shames other bigger studios.
That is what shocks me as well.

DE is a studio of ~140 employees, and they have been able to sustain themselves on nothing but this game since 2013. A Free-To-Play game that pulls enough revenue to not only fund the operation, pay every employees salary but also make a profit.

And then we see the continual flow of companies like EA and Ubisoft pumping out their own "Games As Service" model, but charging $60.00 at launch. Given what DE has done you would think some of these publishers would try to mimic their success instead of feverishly trying to bleed their consumers dry up front. roll
Jamal2807
Jamal2807
Posted on 03 March 19 at 21:50
How about fixing the two glitchy achievemets?
CasperTC
CasperTC
Posted on 03 March 19 at 22:14, Edited on 03 March 19 at 22:35 by CasperTC
a Fi1thy Casual said:
A Free-To-Play game that pulls enough revenue to not only fund the operation, pay every employees salary but also make a profit.
For me personally, I buy prestige packs and other in game items because I want to support the game. There are other FTP games I've played where I've only paid real money because I feel I have to in order to make progress.

Also side note, I like that this article was posted by Luc1d Dreaming - I'm not sure if she gets the beautiful.....relevance?... Not sure that's the word I'm looking for....?
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 04 March 19 at 01:30
This update is to completely replace the Alert system, you do the challenges to earn Wolf credits that you then use to buy the various blueprints for warfram parts and other stuff.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 04 March 19 at 03:30
Jamal2807 said:
How about fixing the two glitchy achievemets?
There's been glitched achievements before, I'm sure they'll fix them this time as well.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 04 March 19 at 08:25
JCDRANZER said:
This update is to completely replace the Alert system, you do the challenges to earn Wolf credits that you then use to buy the various blueprints for warfram parts and other stuff.
That's a pretty big point to make. They were a big part of the game.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 04 March 19 at 09:45
Vr English said:
JCDRANZER said:
Sounds great to me. I played for hundreds of hours and never happened to be on when the melee damage mod was in an alert (steel charge I think), so this sounds like a much better system.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 04 March 19 at 10:55
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Vr English said:
JCDRANZER said:
Sounds great to me. I played for hundreds of hours and never happened to be on when the melee damage mod was in an alert (steel charge I think), so this sounds like a much better system.
It's really not that great you have to wait days to earn a few pennies to spend on somewhat pricey items both systems could've easily coexisted.
My favourite colour is red
The Allslayer
The Allslayer
Posted on 04 March 19 at 11:52
Jay Insomniak said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Vr English said:
JCDRANZER said:
It's really not that great you have to wait days to earn a few pennies to spend on somewhat pricey items both systems could've easily coexisted.
Yeah and you could just trade for it, for what 20 plat probably?
ICE Faux Pirate
Posted on 04 March 19 at 15:47
Jay Insomniak said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Vr English said:
JCDRANZER said:
Wut? The system has only been out for a week and I already have 100 wolf creds. The aura mods (like steel charge) only cost 20 creds so this is a FAR easier system to obtain those types of mods.
Doc, Doc, noose
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 04 March 19 at 15:58
ICE Faux Pirate said:
Jay Insomniak said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Vr English said:
JCDRANZER said:
Wut? The system has only been out for a week and I already have 100 wolf creds. The aura mods (like steel charge) only cost 20 creds so this is a FAR easier system to obtain those types of mods.
The aura mods are the one good get, yes.
My favourite colour is red
a Fi1thy Casual
Posted on 04 March 19 at 18:44, Edited on 05 March 19 at 19:26 by a Fi1thy Casual
Jay Insomniak said:
ICE Faux Pirate said:
Jay Insomniak said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Vr English said:
JCDRANZER said:
The aura mods are the one good get, yes.
Really?

It took me months to get Vauban through the alert system. Now I can just buy him with cred. Much more straight forward than waiting for an RNG alert system...
JDawgg77
JDawgg77
Posted on 05 March 19 at 17:26
I haven't been able to find anywhere how long the Wolf of Saturn Six lasts. Anyone know? Is this going to be a monthly thing?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.