Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Why is xbox support always redirecting here?

AuthorMessage
JeroenRos
JeroenRos
Posted on 04 March 19 at 18:05
A while ago i had this support agent (Othmane E) that was sure that the people from this website/community could help me with an xbox server mess-up:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Today support agent 'Patricia Y.' redirected me here again:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

What's up with all support agents thinking we have more power fixing their errors than they do? :')
Jeroen Ros
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 04 March 19 at 18:09
Well, support never told me to come here.

What kind of problems are you facing?
Tell us so we know what is pointless to ask. laugh
JeroenRos
JeroenRos
Posted on 04 March 19 at 18:16
Well.. an Xbox synchronizing issue (Unlocked achievements not appearing on Live) caused some timestamps to change overnight and break my streak.

So, who from here can change my timestamp? :p
Jeroen Ros
Jblacq
Jblacq
Posted on 04 March 19 at 18:57
My understanding is most of those ppl helping you are just volunteers (just like those of us posting here). When they hear about achievements I assume they just send you here because ppl here may know of some work arounds or something.

As for timestamps, no one here would be able to touch them. That's all Microsoft's stuff and TA just pulls from them. As for if they can fix it, I doubt they will do anything about it.
JeroenRos
JeroenRos
Posted on 04 March 19 at 19:57
Neither they can touch my timestamps. I am however getting very tired of them sending me to every place (the game developer, Xbox forums, Reddit, UserVoice, TA etc..) instead to the right department to actually help me.

I am fully aware that TA is nowhere capable of helping me, that's why i did not post my issue to begin with. I'm just quite astonished that they apparently think we (as in the community of TA) have the power to do that.
Jeroen Ros
Shadow Kisuragi
Posted on 04 March 19 at 21:00
The moment you mention "achievement", they direct you to TrueAchievements.
AL1
AL1
Posted on 04 March 19 at 21:21
Sadly, those messages seem like they came from paid MS Support, not volunteers.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 05 March 19 at 00:19
The answer is simple: TA knows more about achievements (and unlocking them) than MS does. This includes technical answers, since sometimes TA users find workarounds are bona fide glitches. These are things that MS really doesn't care about, tbh.

Sometimes TA cares more than the devs do. That part is sad.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 05 March 19 at 09:44
Its free help that they can offload to someone else in seconds. Its a no brainer but it looks terrible from a company stand point. They basically use TA as a makeshift xbox ambassador without the perks.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
JeroenRos
JeroenRos
Posted on 05 March 19 at 18:31
I agree with all of you. Does anyone mind if i copy their replies to show the lovely and oh so helpful (paid?) people from Microsoft Support when they ever refer me to TA again?
Jeroen Ros
Jblacq
Jblacq
Posted on 05 March 19 at 18:33
JeroenRos said:
I agree with all of you. Does anyone mind if i copy their replies to show the lovely and oh so helpful (paid?) people from Microsoft Support when they ever refer me to TA again?
Unfortunately I don't think it will help, but sure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.