The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: March 5th, 2019

• SashamorningSashamorning1,700,677
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 19:22Permalink
    Armello is SERIOUSLY underrated, and can't be passed at $6 (usually $20).
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Posted on 05 March 19 at 19:29, Edited on 05 March 19 at 19:30 by MrZombieChickenPermalink
    Sashamorning said:
    Why am I picking up a Lies of Astaroth vibe here? That ratio has me a little scared.
    Also, you have only 2 achievements unlocked?? shock
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 05 March 19 at 19:40, Edited on 05 March 19 at 19:40 by MrZombieChickenPermalink
    Shinnizle said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Does the Torchwood & Goat DLC actually help with the harder achievements in Garden Warfare2? I have the trials keys already, but have absolutely no motivation to struggle through them.
    I'm asking myself the same thing. I haven't started the game yet, but I wonder just how helpful the on-sale DLC packs for PvZ:GW2 are.
    Hmmm it seems the dlc automatically unlocks this achievement once you spawn both characters. If so, I'm buying it tonight.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 worth 219 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    This space for rent.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,700,677
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 19:40Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Why am I picking up a Lies of Astaroth vibe here? That ratio has me a little scared.
    Also, you have only 2 achievements unlocked?? shock
    There's a 50 win achievement. Also, it's more fun with friends. I've been looking for people to play with, so I haven't done much.

Nothing like Lies.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV1,740,880
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 20:20Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Aero! Been looking at this one? Anyone have any opinions on it? Is it rage inducing? Lol I know these types of games can vary from fun to brutal. Will at least get Dear Esther and gnomes garden 2,
    Aaero is fucking awesome. 1 of my fave indie games ever. It can be tough to get all the achs but it never frustrated me, its a ill have another go type game. It will take a few tries to 3star some tracks/levels but its fun, the dlc tracks are good n abit easier than base 1000gs i thought
  • Posted on 05 March 19 at 20:23Permalink
    NO1KEV said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Aero! Been looking at this one? Anyone have any opinions on it? Is it rage inducing? Lol I know these types of games can vary from fun to brutal. Will at least get Dear Esther and gnomes garden 2,
    Aaero is fucking awesome. 1 of my fave indie games ever. It can be tough to get all the achs but it never frustrated me, its a ill have another go type game. It will take a few tries to 3star some tracks/levels but its fun, the dlc tracks are good n abit easier than base 1000gs i thought
    Stupid question..with Aaero..is the movement just made with button presses or are you also controlling your ship or whatever it is? If that makes any sense lol thanks as always guys for any feedback!
    Matthew
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV1,740,880
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 20:27Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Stupid question guys...with Aaero..is the movement just made with button presses or are you also controlling your ship or whatever it is? If that makes any sense lol thanks as always guys for any feedback!
    You use left stick to follow a line to beat/speed of music. You also use right stick to target collectibles and enemies and bosses. I was honestly on the fence bout it until i played it at a friends, the trailer doesnt do it justice, im not really a big fan of drum n bass music but when you play it....... It just fits
  • Vok 250Vok 250193,174
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 21:20Permalink
    Don't sleep on Mount & Blade – Warband. Great game with a hilarious cult following.
  • J2B9J2B9584,894
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 21:23, Edited on 05 March 19 at 21:24 by J2B9Permalink
    Basileus said:
    Lockie said:
    Would it kill them to put the FH3 Hoonigan DLC on sale for once? Not Hot Wheels again... roll
    I feel your pain. Was hoping for that for a long time and now I won't buy it for the full price as a matter of principle...
    I get what you guys are saying especially since you’ve waited this long you might as well continue to wait but Hot wheels and Blizzard mountain are $20 so it makes sense for them to go on sale. Hoonigan is $7 so why not just consider that the sale price and buy it, like when it eventually goes on sale for $3-$4 you’ll have saved $3-$4 so it’s not like you’d be saving a lot lol.
    Of course this assumes US prices and maybe it’s worse in another country so if so then nevermind

But eventually when FH3 is about to get delisted when FH5 releases I’m sure all the dlc will go on sale for really cheap so at least you can wait til then as a last hope.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,493
    Posted on 05 March 19 at 21:29, Edited on 05 March 19 at 21:29 by ShinnizlePermalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Hmmm it seems the dlc automatically unlocks this achievement once you spawn both characters. If so, I'm buying it tonight.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 worth 219 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    Good to know! smile That's one. I wonder if I should spend for the two others as well...
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 05 March 19 at 23:09Permalink
    NO1KEV said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Stupid question guys...with Aaero..is the movement just made with button presses or are you also controlling your ship or whatever it is? If that makes any sense lol thanks as always guys for any feedback!
    You use left stick to follow a line to beat/speed of music. You also use right stick to target collectibles and enemies and bosses. I was honestly on the fence bout it until i played it at a friends, the trailer doesnt do it justice, im not really a big fan of drum n bass music but when you play it....... It just fits
    Thanks for the response! I agree the trailer is a bit underwhelming. I just keep hearing great things about it, so I may just take a chance on it. I have a feeling I won’t be able to complete it, but as long as I have a good time then I’ll be happy, granted a good chunk of cheevos wouldn’t hurt either lol I’m usually not that good at these types of games but almost always enjoy them 😁
    Matthew
  • Posted on 05 March 19 at 23:34Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

Good to know! smile That's one. I wonder if I should spend for the two others as well...
    Yup, got the achievement. It was totally worth $5 to skip all that trouble and aggravation.
    This space for rent.
  • Inferno118Inferno1181,070,730
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 02:33Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Shinnizle said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

Yup, got the achievement. It was totally worth $5 to skip all that trouble and aggravation.
    Welp looks like I wasted a few months back in the day... that really sucks
  • LockieLockie293,089
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 02:35Permalink
    The Globalizer said:
    Lockie said:
    Would it kill them to put the FH3 Hoonigan DLC on sale for once? Not Hot Wheels again... roll
    I don't think they typically put the smaller car packs on sale, just full DLC expansions, VIP, car pass, etc.
    Yeah true. I keep thinking of it as DLC because it has achievements but yeah maybe it will never go on sale because it's essentially a car pack.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 05:44Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Shinnizle said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

Was that in a "normal" gametype? Sorry for the noob question, I haven't played it yet.
  • sanityendssanityends324,857
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 13:31Permalink
    The Globalizer said:
    Lockie said:
    I don't think they typically put the smaller car packs on sale, just full DLC expansions, VIP, car pass, etc.
    They WERE offering it as a reward that was how I picked it up it also annoyed me
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:27Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Shinnizle said:
    MrZombieChicken said:

Was that in a "normal" gametype? Sorry for the noob question, I haven't played it yet.
    Yes. I went to the sticker machine and opened both packs. Then I played as each of them in the backyard and the achievement popped. I didn't need to go into any of the single or multiplayer modes.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 01:56Permalink
    Haven't bought in a while. Everspace and Armello for sure. Maybe some others.
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 01:59Permalink
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Yes. I went to the sticker machine and opened both packs. Then I played as each of them in the backyard and the achievement popped. I didn't need to go into any of the single or multiplayer modes.
    Thanks for the info! toast
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 18:40Permalink
    Is Haimrik a tough completion? I like the visuals, but I don't want to tackle anything challenging. I cannot find any info regarding how difficult the achievements are.
    This space for rent.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.