The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The 15 Quickest Game Completions from the March 5th Xbox Sale

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 March 19 at 18:22Permalink
    AKA Swede said:
    I honestly think TA should re-look at this type of article.

This is the only article that relies heavily on info that no one at TA seems to be double checking like Professional Farmer 17.
    It should not be on this list and the site should update the completion times to reflect the new time after patch. The majority of people will be getting it digital not physical. And because of the info your providing, a gamer might actually buy the digital PF17 without reading all the comments.

These are the only articles that consistently have conflicting information within the comments.
    look at games like bingo (win 10) people say its only 0-1 hr game but that's only if you 100% it on (wins 8) its a 200 plus game i'm pretty sure
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,072,143
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 18:33, Edited on 07 March 19 at 01:17 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    Falensarano said:
    capicawl said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    It is easy but Demetrios is a terrible game. Point and click with lots of jokes and none are funny.
    I felt the same way about that game. It was a difficult 3 hours.
    Agree whole heartedly. I messed up my playthrough and had to do a partial second playthrough. It was hard going.

I’ve sworn off buying quick and easy games for now until I’ve cleared down my unplayed collection.

I do want to play a farming sim at one point but I’m not paying £15.99 for a two hour completion.
    I suggest Farming Simulator 17. It's on Game Pass, fun, relatively easy and you can use cheats for money or play any way you want. It can't be completed in under two hours. I guess technically you could sink 100s of hours in if you take it slowly, but if you use money cheats it can be completed in maybe 15 to 20 hours (it took me roughly 40 but a lot of that was idle time).
    I liked it so much I am planning to buy FS 15 and 19 and am also checking the spate of other farmers (Pure Farming, Real Farm, Professional Farmer and Farm Together). I also loved Graveyard Keeper, which is a sort of farming/management title.
    Always number 2.
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 19:04, Edited on 06 March 19 at 19:15 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    Taipei Kindom said:
    J4CKA1 said:
    is kings TD awful?
    Not very bad. Just boring as a TD game. Build the same tower over and over.
    Disagree. It is fucking awful and is a DNF for me. The difficulty spikes in the latter portion of the game and is seemingly not playtested. These types of games should allow for some freedom but apparently there is no room for error. It doesn't help that it is ugly, slow and boring. Do not buy. Not worth any price. Plus the game's pacing makes it take far longer than TA is telling you. I've chided TA for including this before, as I think no one who puts it on this list has ever subjected themselves to it.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 06 March 19 at 23:30Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:
    I have only played Dear Esther Landmark Edition and that was shite.
    It was definitely different but I rather enjoyed it, particularly with the commentary on.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano802,447
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:22Permalink
    Sco Bravheart said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    It was definitely different but I rather enjoyed it, particularly with the commentary on.
    I agree with Nawty - was not a fan. To each their own and all, but I really struggled to see the ‘game’ part of this and I found the dialogue overly pretentious. It’s not as bad as Gone Home though!
  • FalensaranoFalensarano802,447
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:23Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Falensarano said:
    capicawl said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    It is easy but Demetrios is a terrible game. Point and click with lots of jokes and none are funny.
    Agree whole heartedly. I messed up my playthrough and had to do a partial second playthrough. It was hard going.

I’ve sworn off buying quick and easy games for now until I’ve cleared down my unplayed collection.

I do want to play a farming sim at one point but I’m not paying £15.99 for a two hour completion.
    I suggest Farming Simulator 17. It's on Game Pass, fun, relatively easy and you can use cheats for money or play any way you want. It can't be completed in under two hours. I guess technically you could sink 100s of hours in if you take it slowly, but if you use money cheats it can be completed in maybe 15 to 20 hours (it took me roughly 40 but a lot of that way idle time).
    I liked it so much I am planning to buy FS 15 and 19 and am also checking the spate of other farmers (Pure Farming, Real Farm, Professional Farmer and Farm Together). I also loved Graveyard Keeper, which is a sort of farming/management title.
    Thanks for the recommendations!
  • NomstuffNomstuff692,890
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:23Permalink
    Falensarano said:
    Sco Bravheart said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    I agree with Nawty - was not a fan. To each their own and all, but I really struggled to see the ‘game’ part of this and I found the dialogue overly pretentious. It’s not as bad as Gone Home though!
    It's less a game and more of an interactive story tbh
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 01:25Permalink
    Falensarano said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Falensarano said:
    capicawl said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:

I suggest Farming Simulator 17. It's on Game Pass, fun, relatively easy and you can use cheats for money or play any way you want. It can't be completed in under two hours. I guess technically you could sink 100s of hours in if you take it slowly, but if you use money cheats it can be completed in maybe 15 to 20 hours (it took me roughly 40 but a lot of that way idle time).
    Thanks for the recommendations!
    No problem just be aware it's not a super-clean game. By this I mean it is buggy and the vehicle driving can be really crappy at times. I got frustrated with turning the harvesters and getting hung up on fences that video game memory has taught me should shatter like rotten timber at even a light touch by such a massive vehicle. And the workers you can hire are incredibly stupid. But now that I have 100%ed 17, I find myself thinking about the game whenever I drive past farms in real life, and glad that there are other games to scratch that farming itch that only weeks ago I laughed at people for scratching (sorry if my metaphors are getting more twisted than a Maschio SC300 rotary hoe).
    Always number 2.
  • Its DanIts Dan364,041
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 06:18Permalink
    Farmer 2017 is no longer an easy completion. The money glitch was patched awhile ago. Be warned.
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 16:26, Edited on 07 March 19 at 16:31 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    Its Dan said:
    Farmer 2017 is no longer an easy completion. The money glitch was patched awhile ago. Be warned.
    I completed it in the time I stated earlier using no glitch, and I did it about a week ago. There is a strong mod market for this game (both published and user-created) and one of those mods is a money box. You buy these for $1,000 and you can go into debt if you have no money to buy them in game. I bought like 20 money boxes and placed them the way you place buildings and every in-game hour they generate $10,000. I had something around 500 million dollars after a few hours of real time play (with the game at 120x speed). That is more than enough money to do every achievement easily.

Again (tl;dr) ==> I did not suggest using any glitches, I bought mods in the legitimate mod store included with the game (using in-game money, the only things that cost actual money are the expansion packs which are not needed to get 100%).

Additional edit: I used the word 'cheat' in my above recommendation when I meant 'MOD' so I assume that is where the miscommunication was.
    Always number 2.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.