Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Free Title "One Leaves" Mysteriously Appears

• x ALBANACH xx ALBANACH x316,540
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 22:28
    Free or not, this looks terrible. Less than 10 seconds into the trailer and I'm instantly reminded of the mass-produced asset flipping PC 'games', à la Digital Homicide.
  • Ale386Ale3861,190,159
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 22:47
    Probably a Puzzle / Survival game against other players. Despite I like the premise of the game, I don't feel this will be really polished.

But in the end, it's a free game, and that means also free achievements (If they're not broken, of course). I just hope we don't have to see any grindy achievements. I hate those ones.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666192,305
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 22:50
    Good to see they made the title readable.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • Tatl360Tatl360336,824
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 23:00
    Four enter, one leaves...
    So it can be multiplayer.
  • KingOfWeightKingOfWeight230,702
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 23:05
    Looks kinda bad. I can see why it's free.
  • OsseblokOsseblok227,683
    Posted on 06 March 19 at 23:53
    Sounds to me like a 4 player FFA game... Which maybe triggers people to play like the SAW movies... shock
  • xxxxPRODIGYxxxxxxxxPRODIGYxxxx1,313,695
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:25
    NO PULSE said:
    xxxxPRODIGYxxxx said:
    The way it was titled made me click on it just to find out what the hell it was about!
    Dont tell them that, it will cause more mashed up titles.
    Yeah. You're right. My bad.
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:52
    Easy Achievements i hope?
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,596
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 00:57, Edited on 07 March 19 at 01:01 by HolyHalfDead
    Erik Seidel said:
    Lambent Lail said:
    Free Title {#}One Leaves{#} Mysteriously Appears
    Or Free Title One Leaves Mysteriously Appears
    Or even more simply, stop using Start Case (aka Title Case)
    Free title One Leaves mysteriously appears
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 01:06
    Osseblok said:
    Sounds to me like a 4 player FFA game... Which maybe triggers people to play like the SAW movies... shock
    Yeah, the linked website and trailer indicate this. I’m guessing a four-player competitive escape room where only one survives.
  • EmiinahEmiinah48,786
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 03:03
    I don’t like the name of the game, “One Leaves.” It made the title of the article that much harder to figure out.
    Made you look :P
  • Posted on 07 March 19 at 08:37
    so its a 4 player multiplayer game then. might be okay headspin
  • dreampagedreampage485,713
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 12:32
    These indie devs really can't create anything else but first-person horror games? It must be really easy and cost-efficient to do so as there are already too many of these samey games. A new idea would be so welcome.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,552,486
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 13:33
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Osseblok said:
    Yeah, the linked website and trailer indicate this. I’m guessing a four-player competitive escape room where only one survives.
    I think you may be right, I'm guessing the people you saw running in the trailer are the other contestants! Might be interesting, but does look pretty bad!
    Legohead 1977
  • frankieMARTfrankieMART362,203
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 16:19
    I'm thinking this is basically a Windows/Xbox version of P.T., with some other potential multiplayer elements. I'd think the multiplayer elements are more score/time based, not actually 4 people co-op. Kinda like Telltale's 'heres what other players did'
    David
  • BOPho3nixBOPho3nix586,533
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 20:53
    For those curious what this game is, it's a marketing game as part of "The Real Cost" anti-smoking campaign.
  • BackToChorinBackToChorin926,382
    Posted on 08 March 19 at 00:58
    Is there a thunderdome?
  • TobyLinnTobyLinn444,734
    Posted on 08 March 19 at 02:48
    Looks cool! I would like to play it if it is single player.

Not really a fan of multiplayer games.
    https://mix.com/tobylinn81
  • Posted on 08 March 19 at 07:38, Edited on 08 March 19 at 07:41 by Jeddy and Lisa
    xxxxPRODIGYxxxx said:
    The way it was titled made me click on it just to find out what the hell it was about!
    If TA wanted more clicks, they should just have everyone use the AdNauseam adblocker. Not only does it block ads, but it discreetly sends a tidbit of data to mimic as though you did click it. Advertisers get defrauded, TA collects, and the users see no ads! Everyone wins!

On a plus note, it effectively makes your advertising ID garbage when companies pay to have specific ads target you because you'll end up clicking just about anything!

TA Newshounds, make an article on 7 Reasons Why AdNauseam Is Totally Not OK. Phrase it to end in a question mark so that way it'll be even more garbage and therefore more worthy of your reader's time.

Edit note: BuzzFeed News posts another article they knew was totally false and without merit, but includes this disclaimer with the edits after the outrage and death threats occurred to their target in order to try and avoid being sued. The Hulkster is coming for you too!
  • Posted on 08 March 19 at 09:47
    I think the headline should be worded something along the lines of "announced" and not "appears" because that would suggest its already out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.