Game Discussion: Apex Legends Forum

Updates and decked out changes

AuthorMessage
Shadow2327
Shadow2327
Posted on 07 March 19 at 19:16
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ay5hh2/live_ba...

Respawn talks changes in game and the upcoming updates.
Shadow2327
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 07 March 19 at 19:21
I'm glad the Wingman wasn't nerfed too bad. I'm pretty sure that these changes were live last night when I was playing and I didn't even notice the difference (which is good IMO)
JungAndReckless
Posted on 07 March 19 at 19:32, Edited on 07 March 19 at 19:40 by JungAndReckless
I think a better fix for the wingman is increasing reload time, and a slightly further decrease to fire rate/mag size. It isn't a skill weapon when you can spray out 6 rounds in 2 seconds and reload super quickly.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 07 March 19 at 19:47
JungAndReckless said:
I think a better fix for the wingman is increasing reload time, and a slightly further decrease to fire rate. It isn't a skill weapon when you can spray out 6 rounds in 2 seconds and reload super quickly.
I think decreasing the rate of fire will just improve accuracy because you get more time in between shots to fix your aim. It's definitely a skill weapon - I play with plenty of friends who are average at best in FPS games. They do not like using the Wingman because they miss so many shots. It's designed to be high risk/reward.

Every gun in the game reloads extremely fast, so I wouldn't be in favor of changing the reload speed (especially with the mag attachment, which increased reload time). A better fix would be to remove (or reduce) the Heavy Mag attachment. A 12 shot mag with that gun is a little over the top lol
JungAndReckless
Posted on 08 March 19 at 02:34
CRUM LEE said:
JungAndReckless said:
I think a better fix for the wingman is increasing reload time, and a slightly further decrease to fire rate. It isn't a skill weapon when you can spray out 6 rounds in 2 seconds and reload super quickly.
I think decreasing the rate of fire will just improve accuracy because you get more time in between shots to fix your aim. It's definitely a skill weapon - I play with plenty of friends who are average at best in FPS games. They do not like using the Wingman because they miss so many shots. It's designed to be high risk/reward.

Every gun in the game reloads extremely fast, so I wouldn't be in favor of changing the reload speed (especially with the mag attachment, which increased reload time). A better fix would be to remove (or reduce) the Heavy Mag attachment. A 12 shot mag with that gun is a little over the top lol
I think if it was a skill weapon, the whole game wouldn't be using it. The wingman and the peacekeeper are THE meta in this game. I think a way to make it an actual skill weapon is to make the reload longer so you actually have to hit your shots. Since you do 45 damage per hit you should be punished if you miss your shots.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 08 March 19 at 13:31
JungAndReckless said:
CRUM LEE said:
JungAndReckless said:

I think if it was a skill weapon, the whole game wouldn't be using it. The wingman and the peacekeeper are THE meta in this game. I think a way to make it an actual skill weapon is to make the reload longer so you actually have to hit your shots. Since you do 45 damage per hit you should be punished if you miss your shots.
A better solution would be to make the Heavy Mag attachment unavailable. Increasing reload speed won't really do anything unless you want them to make this particular gun have a much longer reload speed than every other gun. The Heavy Mag attachment also increases reload speed, so making that unavailable to the Wingman will help.

The "whole game" isn't using it, that's just baseless conjecture. But sure, whatever you say.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 08 March 19 at 16:51
CRUM LEE said:
JungAndReckless said:
CRUM LEE said:
JungAndReckless said:

A better solution would be to make the Heavy Mag attachment unavailable. Increasing reload speed won't really do anything unless you want them to make this particular gun have a much longer reload speed than every other gun. The Heavy Mag attachment also increases reload speed, so making that unavailable to the Wingman will help.

The {#}whole game{#} isn't using it, that's just baseless conjecture. But sure, whatever you say.
You don’t get what I’m saying. This gun kills someone with purple armor in a max of five hits. You can get five shots out in slightly under two seconds, reload in 1.5, and be back at it. Literally no other gun will kill that fast and reliably. Most weapons without a good mag attachment won’t even put a dent in purple armor, at least not reliably. It doesn’t even need a mag.
And the wingman being the most popular weapon isn’t baseless conjecture. There’s a reason streamers (shroud, disrespect etc.) all recommend using the wingman. 9/10 squads I fight have at least one wingman and usually more. It’s the top tier weapon in all the guides and that’s where battle royale casuals decide what to use.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 08 March 19 at 17:16, Edited on 08 March 19 at 17:28 by CRUM LEE
You don’t get what I’m saying.
No, I get what you are saying, I just don't agree with you. People are allowed to have an opinion different from yours.

This gun kills someone with purple armor in a max of five hits.
So how is an increase reload speed going to fix that?

Most weapons without a good mag attachment won’t even put a dent in purple armor, at least not reliably. It doesn’t even need a mag.
Uhh, yes they will - IF you land the majority of your shots.

Why do you make the assumption that a skill weapon can't be a popular weapon in a game? Everyone sees the top players using them and wants to try replicating that. Just because it's popular and strong doesn't mean it isn't a skill weapon. Sure, a lot of players may be picking it up, but it doesn't mean they area actually using it effectively. You might (and probably do) have great aim, but there are a lot of people out there who don't lol

What would you consider a "skill weapon" in Apex, then? You seem to just want to argue for no real reason.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 08 March 19 at 18:20
CRUM LEE said:
You don’t get what I’m saying.
No, I get what you are saying, I just don't agree with you. People are allowed to have an opinion different from yours.

This gun kills someone with purple armor in a max of five hits.
So how is an increase reload speed going to fix that?

Most weapons without a good mag attachment won’t even put a dent in purple armor, at least not reliably. It doesn’t even need a mag.
Uhh, yes they will - IF you land the majority of your shots.

Why do you make the assumption that a skill weapon can't be a popular weapon in a game? Everyone sees the top players using them and wants to try replicating that. Just because it's popular and strong doesn't mean it isn't a skill weapon. Sure, a lot of players may be picking it up, but it doesn't mean they area actually using it effectively. You might (and probably do) have great aim, but there are a lot of people out there who don't lol

What would you consider a {#}skill weapon{#} in Apex, then? You seem to just want to argue for no real reason.
Don't need to bring in the opinion argument, it makes you look like a dick. Don't forget you replied to me first. Increasing reload time would encourage more people to aim and hit those five shots, and make it tougher for people to take on whole squads like John Marston. I'm not asking for 3 seconds, just an additional half of a second or so. Fighting someone with a wingman is an onslaught, you peek out for a second and you're down 150 health. Don't forget that I also mentioned a slight fire rate decrease as well.

There is absolutely no way that any SMG or AR without a mag will put down someone with purple armor in one clip, and probably not even in two, unless you are barrel stuffing them. It isn't very balanced, and there's really no reason to carry an AR or SMG over the wingman.

By definition if a weapon is picked up and used by most players, isn't it not a skill weapon anymore? I would say the peacekeeper, prowler, devotion, p2020, havok, and most snipers are skill weapons, but not the wingman. Since when has spraying a revolver/magnum become a skill weapon? Landing headshots with the skullpiercer is the only skill requirement of that gun, but we haven't even mentioned that.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 08 March 19 at 21:21, Edited on 08 March 19 at 21:54 by CRUM LEE
Don't need to bring in the opinion argument, it makes you look like a dick. Don't forget you replied to me first.
Don't tell people they don't understand something just because they don't agree with you then. It's not like what you are explaining is rocket science. laugh

By definition if a weapon is picked up and used by most players, isn't it not a skill weapon anymore? I would say the peacekeeper, prowler, devotion, p2020, havok, and most snipers are skill weapons, but not the wingman. Since when has spraying a revolver/magnum become a skill weapon? Landing headshots with the skullpiercer is the only skill requirement of that gun, but we haven't even mentioned that.
No, not at all. That's where I think you are wrong. In Halo, everyone wants to use the sniper and rushes for it because it's a SKILL weapon. Skill weapons are typically really popular because everyone thinks they are a pro with them. Just because someone picks up the gun it doesn't mean they are killing everyone with it. Plenty of players are awful with the wingman but still want to try using it because they see how good it can be in a SKILLED players hand. Your definition of a skill weapon is obviously different than mine and that's fine!

Whatever, though. This conversation isn't going anywhere. Have a good weekend! wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.