Game Discussion: Happy Dungeons Forum

Best guide

AuthorMessage
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 10 March 19 at 14:45, Edited on 14 March 19 at 06:17 by mcnichoj
I'm a big dummy, so I edited the thread.
Hopefully this helps people. wip

Step 1 - Clear story

This I'll put on the bottom.

Step 2 - Clear Infinite run
Step 3 - Grind misc achievements
Step 4 - Leveling/Insane runs

Two different plausible Insane methods exist, either Prologue or doing 2-4 Infection.
Save this for last, you should be about level 35 with maxed un-awakened gear. My level 70 sword has a little over 8,000 power, works fine at this difficulty.
Doing the Prologue should take under four minutes.
Doing 2-4 should take you a little longer (around 7 minutes) but will net you much more EXP but at the cost you're more likely to die multiple times which should be a non-issue now as you have really not much else to spend your jewels on. So if you go this route, make sure to kill those purses in the final room. I could make get 3 or 4 on average when I did a few runs of it.

Step 5 - Idle remaining time needed
SkinnyBoi1985
SkinnyBoi1985
Posted on 10 March 19 at 14:54
there still like 3 months left, why the panic
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 10 March 19 at 19:30
SkinnyBoi1985 said:
there still like 3 months left, why the panic
Wooooow, I'm retarded. My brains have been so scrambled recently. No idea why I thought it was this month. Thanks.

(I probably got it confused with Blacklight Retribution on PC shutting down tomorrow.)
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 11 March 19 at 01:19
Jesus. Had me panicking...
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 11 March 19 at 18:55
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Jesus. Had me panicking...
Sorry, sorry, sorry. That's how I started to feel all weekend.

Gonna edit my first post into a mini-guide so this thread is avtually useful.
firehazardcs
firehazardcs
Posted on 17 March 19 at 02:29
Would be good to knock these out ASAP though. 87 days left until servers go down. I'm level 44 and the only achievement I still need is to get to level 50. I estimate that soloing 2-4 Infected on Insane will take me around 20 hours (approximately 6.5 minutes for each run from start to start of next run, taking into account loading screens) or 14 hours boosting (approximately 2 minutes for each Tubby Zombie run from start to start of next run - this is taking into account loading screens and a bit of lag).

To go from level 44 to level 50, I need 178,302,000 experience. A 2-4 Infected Insane run nets me around 925,000 experience and a Tubby Zombie run with 3 other friends nets me 417,158 experience
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 05 April 19 at 10:44, Edited on 05 April 19 at 12:28 by SoupaBuoy
I just added a bit of a "guide" to follow for new starters or returners to outline the time commitment likely (100-120 hours) and how to tackle this in the last two months. It's on the Grand Master achievement solution here:

Happy DungeonsGrand MasterThe Grand Master achievement in Happy Dungeons worth 378 pointsReach Player Level 50.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 05 April 19 at 12:25
I really need to start getting on this...
spankyNspronkle
Posted on 05 April 19 at 16:00
SoupaBuoy said:
I just added a bit of a {#}guide{#} to follow for new starters or returners to outline the time commitment likely (100-120 hours) and how to tackle this in the last two months. It's on the Grand Master achievement solution here:

Happy DungeonsGrand MasterThe Grand Master achievement in Happy Dungeons worth 378 pointsReach Player Level 50.
Not a bad guide for soloing it, but I would still strongly advise taking a group into the Event with the Tubby Zombie.

Took me 20 hours of 4 player boosting and then probably another 20 solo to play through all chapters, grinding out zombies and doing the 42 insane runs.

If you focus on leveling first in the Tubby event with 3 other stronger players, you can then breeze through the story one hitting everything once you're level 35+.

It's a much easier grind to do 40 hours with mixed company than 120 on your own.
SoupaBuoy
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 09 April 19 at 13:23, Edited on 23 April 19 at 13:22 by SoupaBuoy
spankyNspronkle said:
SoupaBuoy said:
I just added a bit of a "guide" to follow for new starters or returners to outline the time commitment likely (100-120 hours) and how to tackle this in the last two months. It's on the Grand Master achievement solution here:

Not a bad guide for soloing it, but I would still strongly advise taking a group into the Event with the Tubby Zombie.

Took me 20 hours of 4 player boosting and then probably another 20 solo to play through all chapters, grinding out zombies and doing the 42 insane runs.

If you focus on leveling first in the Tubby event with 3 other stronger players, you can then breeze through the story one hitting everything once you're level 35+.

It's a much easier grind to do 40 hours with mixed company than 120 on your own.
I'll look at adding it to the solution - I personally hadn't done any online boosting although I will be tonight, so I'll probably update it to reflect how things go today.

EDIT: Updated to include Tubby Zombie strategy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.