Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Free Title "One Leaves" is Available Now

  • DiegoTanDiegoTan313,628
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 14:27
    Works on every region if you change your country to United States on the website.

    Thank you for the help guys!
    Yatta!
  • The ArmedMadmanThe ArmedMadman1,009,002
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 14:56
    Anyone know how to fix/stop the game from crashing?
  • Omniscient AlOmniscient Al1,288,170
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 15:02
    Redundancy.......''seemingly', gotta love it! LOL
  • Swanny5150Swanny5150814,421
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 16:10
    Keeps crashing for me too. I'd just say screw it and skip it, but of course it didn't crash for me until the first achievement popped. Guess it's Win10 time for me. roll

    I KNEW there was a reason I said I was gonna quit whoring these free, half-assed games. angry
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 16:51
    The game keeps crashing all the time. Xbox One X - Alpha Skip
    Filipe Freitas
  • NetechmaNetechma307,101
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:15
    geordiedeviant said:
    Kennyannydenny said:
    aphexbr said:
    I'm in Spain, and it just allowed me to get it from the posted link. Sounds rubbish, but free is free...
    Weird as the Spain marketplace also says it's not available in that region. As far as I found just now, no European region has it released yet. And when pressing the get button, it opens the Microsoft Store App in your own region, thus preventing you from getting it through the US link. Not sure how it worked for you... maybe you don't have Windows 10 and it doesn't open the Windows Store when you press {#}get{#}?
    I'm in UK. I just changed region settings through windows 10. Opened the xbox app. Navigate to store and search for the game. Click get and once it starts downloading, just switch the region settings back to original ones.
    do this at your own discretion. They use to make available different free GwG per region and people used to switch regions to grab multiple free games and some people were subject to suspension or banning or so was my understanding.

    I personally would not risk region changing for a free title that may come to your region anyway at some point..
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,209,827
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:26
    ^Wrong^ Major Nelson himself said region switching to get free games, including GwG is not only allowed, but recommended!
  • XellizXelliz307,904
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:58
    Are play anywhere games always going to try to install themselves on my PC when I'm just trying to claim them?
  • RayhovenRayhoven789,904
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:36
    I must have gotten lucky I never had the game crash on me, although I did have one or two achievements not pop for me when they were supposed to (going into the sewer and finding the smoking lounge); however, when you have to play the game 21+ times they'll eventually pop like the sewer one taking 3-4 times before it popped for me.
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl850,052
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 20:47, Edited on 13 March 19 at 20:48 by Skanker irl
    No crashes. Like many have said, you have to agree to their terms in the beginning to pop achievements. Not impressed with the game. They could have done so much more with things popping out with you, better puzzles, and some items. I mean, only a flashlight? Sure, it worked for Alan Wake, but even he had other weapons. Where are the enemies? Chattering dentures or cancerous blobs would've been cool.
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,458,985
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 21:17, Edited on 13 March 19 at 21:17 by geordiedeviant
    Hart of Iron said:
    geordiedeviant said:
    Kennyannydenny said:
    aphexbr said:
    I'm in Spain, and it just allowed me to get it from the posted link. Sounds rubbish, but free is free...
    Weird as the Spain marketplace also says it's not available in that region. As far as I found just now, no European region has it released yet. And when pressing the get button, it opens the Microsoft Store App in your own region, thus preventing you from getting it through the US link. Not sure how it worked for you... maybe you don't have Windows 10 and it doesn't open the Windows Store when you press "get"?
    I'm in UK. I just changed region settings through windows 10. Opened the xbox app. Navigate to store and search for the game. Click get and once it starts downloading, just switch the region settings back to original ones.
    do this at your own discretion. They use to make available different free GwG per region and people used to switch regions to grab multiple free games and some people were subject to suspension or banning or so was my understanding.

    I personally would not risk region changing for a free title that may come to your region anyway at some point..
    I believe you are remembering a time on 360 when region changing was much more of a pain in the neck / also detailed in the t&c's as against the rules if you were doing it to pick up free games either through glitched prices / gwg.

    It's fine to go ahead and do it now. Nobody is going to stop you.
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:20
    This late into the console life and people still don't understand that both gamesharing and changing region is allowed....

    The One is region free, all you have to do is change the xbox.com site's region and you can get whatever
  • supadryzsupadryz557,621
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:01, Edited on 13 March 19 at 23:02 by supadryz
    Played this game this morning, I then felt sick, went to work came home and I have just played it again, working towards 20 playthroughs and I started feeling sick again. So must be the game graphics and movement causing this.

    Overall game is good for what it is FREE. I'm guessing you have to play though 20 times as that's how many cigarettes come in a box?
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:09
    Awful, awful game. Easy 800gs.

    Can’t bring* myself to get 20 playthroughs for the final 200, even if it only takes 2 hours
  • TheRealJoeSchmoTheRealJoeSchmo1,365,373
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:13
    Currently unplayable for me. Crashes 30 seconds in.
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:15
    Moo Moo Dairy said:
    This late into the console life and people still don't understand that both gamesharing and changing region is allowed....

    The One is region free, all you have to do is change the xbox.com site's region and you can get whatever
    Sure this kind of “region switching” is different from your region switching to download free games...
    https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320396-xbox-banning-disc...
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,209,827
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:40
    No that link you posted was from 2013 well before the Xbox One came out, those "free" games were a marketplace glitch in Oman which didn't even technically have a marketplace...it is 100% okay to switch regions on your Xbox One to grab free games, actual free games that are supposed to be free are completely okay!
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,458,985
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 01:22
    Oriole2682 said:
    No that link you posted was from 2013 well before the Xbox One came out, those "free" games were a marketplace glitch in Oman which didn't even technically have a marketplace...it is 100% okay to switch regions on your Xbox One to grab free games, actual free games that are supposed to be free are completely okay!
    I still use my Omandeviant gamertag to this day for alt purposes.
  • Phil709Phil709319,605
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 02:33
    It's One Leaf. I'll see myself out.
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 04:54
    Interesting to hear that so many people are having trouble with achievements unlocking and the game crashing. I had zero issues. I'm on an original Xbox One, 500 TB, and I'm in the Insider Delta ring.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.