Game Discussion: State of Decay 2 Forum

exploding, flying and vanishing vehicles?

AuthorMessage
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 13 March 19 at 08:42
Has anyone else see this? (this all happened in the same community on Xbox one offline)

I once parked a van at base, it exploded (not destroyed) into the air and landed several feet away, had to repair it a second time and everything.

Another time had a utility truck, parked it only for it to rubber band and fly off to ..... dont know, still looking for it (not really but still)

I also had one of the red talon trucks parted at base, decided to use a different vehicle, came around the corner of base where it was parked ..... it was just gone, no idea what happened to it.
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 13 March 19 at 13:57
I have seen that vans have a tendency to become invisible so that only the wheels are visible, the car flickering in and out of existence.

I have experienced sudden flips, doing 720 degree sideways barrel rolls for no reason. And yesterday my car caught fire even though the front of the vehicle was never really damaged.

Sometimes, zombies do the rubber band thing, though. Never seen cars do it!

I sometimes crash into invisible Juggernauts.

The game also crashes from time to time. Haven't been able to pinpoint any particular action causing it.

Cars, especially upgraded ones, have a tendency to get stuck - and a few times they have got stuck in such a way that the damage-to-car-sound is playing like RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in a rapid full-auto manner. I even drove away and came back later, only for the sound to continue undisturbed. This was before the Stuck command.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 14 March 19 at 03:01
ive almost run into the invisible fat boys and run into a few bloaters too, its a real pain in the ass.
I'm not even sure when this started either.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 31 March 19 at 23:16
I FOUND IT!!!!

So my base is the strip mall, just for kicks i decided to go on top of my base to take a look around, guess whats sitting on top of my base (destroyed) but none other than the Red talon vehicle.

I have no idea how I am going to get it off the roof, any ideas because I like that vehicle.
chuckles37v3
chuckles37v3
Posted on 01 April 19 at 15:21
Nice. I recorded a gameclip yesterday of my car doing a double frontflip. Like I hit an invisible trampoline lol.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 02 April 19 at 11:07
I have seen some crazy videos of the cars/vehicles doing crazy things.
But this explode into the air and land ....... who knows where is nuts.

I am also getting my passengers suddenly falling out of the vehicle or teleporting out of it but all fall on the ground "hurt" acting, not sure if they are actually hurt or not but thats really annoying too.
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 02 April 19 at 12:26
To get it off the roof, have you tried the stuck command?

If that doesn't work, just drive it off, let it get damaged/destroyed/whatever and just repair it.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 07 April 19 at 19:15
on the strip mall roof, there are high ..... walls? with stairs that could almost fit the vehicle, but you just run into the steps and get stopped.
I have yet to try the stuck command, might have to use grenades or something.

QUESTION!
Can a vehicle be 100% destroyed that it can not be fixed again or will it always be fixable?
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 08 April 19 at 10:53
Destroyed vehicles can always be fixed yes.

The Strip Mall roof stairs problem was a bug that got fixed and now evidently re-appeared after the update (I think). It is not the only one.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 10 April 19 at 00:32
lol oh yeah, I had stopped playing one day, started a few days after and found my character standing at a random allied enclave ...... how the hell does that work?
Offjupiter1515
Posted on 11 April 19 at 12:10, Edited on 11 April 19 at 12:11 by Offjupiter1515
I have had the worse luck with duplicating vehicles, in my games and other people's games. One time I lost a van I clearly parked at my base before going on a mission. When I come back to base, (No one was playing with me) the van is in an open field near the Drive in Theater and its on fire. At the same time my car has duplicated itself. The one parked at base blows up while I'm running back to base to get a kit to fix the van, then the duplicate car blows up (this deals my character damage). I'm like wtf. I can't fix either. I quit playing for the day.

Also this happened while playing with a friend. The car duplicated, but only I could see it. My friend parked the vehicle inside the one I can see and this happened. The link just takes you to another page on this site.

Offjupiter1515 playing State of Decay 2
BiggusD
BiggusD
Posted on 25 April 19 at 15:44
I have now experienced what the OP talked about, I think. I repaired a damaged Police Cruiser and upon completion, it flew away, crashed and all four doors flew off again. This has happened twice now, so it seems that when the bug occurs, it happens all the time - at least to one car. I quit, hoping that a restart would fix the problem.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 01 May 19 at 07:35
the good thing about it, or so i noticed, if or when it lands on your or other survivors, it does no damage to you.
Spy46
Spy46
Posted on 16 May 19 at 03:45
got a new one for you guys.
So I am driving along in a heavy upgraded passenger van, we drive down a small hill (me and community member) and all of a sudden the screen goes black.
I figure the game crashed, well that sucks, only to find that it did not, instead my 2 people are now out of the vehicle and it is ........ nowhere to be seen at all.
I eventually find it about ....... 3? blocks away, 90% destroyed.
after that point, the game got really choppy, so rushed home to do a quick exit and everything.
OmegaGundam
Posted today at 03:05
Oh I had that Happen. I'm playing on cascade hills and I have that container fort. I drive up to my base then I see one of my cars just explode then launch like 100 feet in the air then disappear. I go in my base and its stuck in the base between the metal containers so I had to leave it there for the remainder I was there. lucky for me I was able to access the trunk. I have ran into invisible zombies that mess up my van. had one threw me in the air launched me 200-300 yards away spinning in the air. I have seen my vehicles destroyed mysteriously catch on fire and creating a horrendous noise vehicles in odd places. zombies stage diving off a second story building and one zombie wearing only tighty whitys
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.