Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox One Strategy Games Available in 2019

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic620,156
  • ArcheimArcheim402,074
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:32
    Good list. I've personally played Aven Colony, X:COM 2, and Wargroove. Enjoyed all three a lot.. though Wargroove is not an easy game.
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:41
    I have only played Van Helsing Death Trap on this list and I know this site classifies these as management games but I think games like Farm Together are the best strategy games on xbox one
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,001,165
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:43
    Bloons TD 5 was so fun! Recommend it highly
  • KylKoKylKo1,228,990
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:44
    Reading through the list made me realize how much I enjoy strategy games. There are some great titles here that I'm extra fond of. I also highly recommend Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun, Breach & Clear: Deadline, and Mutant Year Zero.
  • FlawlessJawsFlawlessJaws376,387
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:44
    Railway empire is good fun too
  • Vok 250Vok 250300,602
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:53
    That's an interesting list.

My personal list, which admittedly has a looser definition of the genre, would be:

1. Mount & Blade – Warband

Legendary game and excellent port. You're all invited to a feast at my hall in Praven.

2. Earthlock

Got it for free with GwG and couldn't put it down for months. I 100%ed the original release and enjoyed every minute of it.

3. Bomber Crew

High intensity game that you really need to play for yourself. It really gives you a feeling of risk and danger.

4. Fallout Shelter

Can't argue with free, especially when the game is good.

5. Fortnite

Not the BR. The actual Fortnite game. It's far from what we were promised, but it's still a lot of fun. It has the same core elements that make the BR a massive hit, except you're cooperating to shoot zombies instead of each other.

6. Cities: Skylines

Great city sim and doesn't have much competition on the platform.

7. Defense Grid 2

I had a lot of fun with it. It's a bread and butter tower defense.

8. Stardew Valley

Is this one really strategy? Is buying seeds and managing resources and farm layout strategy? Honestly, the game is so good I don't even care. I'll give it last place on the list anyway.

Honourable mentions:

Hitman series. Lots of strategy in how you approach missions.

Kingdom for Kelfings series. It's like an RTS without the combat. Good wholesome fun. BC game.

Iron Brigade. Solid BC strategy game.

Peggle. It's Peggle!

PS: This is only based on games I have personally played.
  • Ultras500Ultras500884,825
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 17:57
    I really wish there were more C&C style games on xbox.
  • CakesCakes375,796
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:00
    I highly recommend Stellaris. Even if space isn't your thing, the prospect (and financial encouragement) of Paradox bringing their other grand strat titles (Crusader Kings, anyone?) to Xbox should incentivise a buy.
  • robthehermitrobthehermit274,854
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:08
    The fact that Mutant Year Zero isn't on this list is bordering on criminal. If you've got Game Pass get it downloaded now, you won't regret it.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,298,706
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:10
    I love Cities skylines and Aven Colony. Does anyone here have recommendations for Surviving Mars? It looks right up my alley but it is kind of expensive even on sale and with so many games to buy, I want to know if it's worth the price.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:25
    robthehermit said:
    The fact that Mutant Year Zero isn't on this list is bordering on criminal. If you've got Game Pass get it downloaded now, you won't regret it.
    I would actually argue that it is indeed criminal. MYZ is worth the money even if you don't have Game Pass.
  • RacknoreRacknore1,688,157
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:34
    A lot of good strategy games on this list. I think Battle Worlds: Kronos, Dungeons 3 and Mordheim: City of the Damned deserve honorable mentions
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:54
    Very happy to see Stellaris on this list, I love it.
    Going to check out the other games for sure as well!
  • Kamster1969Kamster1969271,358
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 18:56
    Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun is a terrific game. Mutant Year Zero is also really good. I'm going to have to try some of the other ones on the list.
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan1,779,432
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 19:04
    Mutant Year Zero should definitely be on this list.
    I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
  • VivaFavomVivaFavom111,677
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 20:21
    I haven't played the majority of the list but a big fan of the tower defence genre in general. This has peaked my interest in one or two others so thanks. I recently bought Jurassic park evolution, do people rate that game?
  • Lupine1972Lupine1972452,520
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 20:36
    Pillars of Eternity. 🥇🏆🏅
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha1,426,073
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:10
    Always been a big strategy fan ever since I 1st played the original Civilisation game all them years ago! My steam account is basically 100s of hours in Civ, Total War & Paradox grand strategy games, not sure if any of them would work on xbox but would I'd support any of them if they did make the jump across.

1 or 2 games on here that weren't on my radar so will look into them.
    Just finished deathtrap which I really enjoyed (Although the Endless mode is boring if you are a completionist!)
    Really enjoyed the banner saga series and picked up the 3rd game in last weeks sales so looking forward to getting stuck into that.
  • Watty8883Watty88832,164,513
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:10
    Thanks for this it was a good read. You really get your money's worth with strategy games. ( Unless they are free) Tempted to start Halo Wars 2 on game pass but knowing my luck it will get announced to be pulled once I've unlocked the first few achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.