Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox One Strategy Games Available in 2019

• LockieLockie418,923
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:17
    Watty8883 said:
    Tempted to start Halo Wars 2 on game pass but knowing my luck it will get announced to be pulled once I've unlocked the first few achievements.
    No chance of that happening since it's published by Microsoft. wink
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv553,056
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 01:10
    robthehermit said:
    The fact that Mutant Year Zero isn't on this list is bordering on criminal. If you've got Game Pass get it downloaded now, you won't regret it.
    Definitely. That and Divinity: Original Sin 2 are easily my favorites. I have Xcom 2, still have yet to start it but I'm sure I'll enjoy it about equally as those two.
    Streets Ahead
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,362,665
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 04:59
    So if Masters of Anima is like Pikmin, that means it's also like the Overlord games right?

I've never played any of the Pikmin games, but I really enjoyed the Overlord games. Too bad they had to screw it up with that reportedly terrible last Overlord game they made.
  • MuffinMICHIMuffinMICHI146,950
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 11:15
    DucKy BaBy said:
    Railway empire is good fun too
    This is so true... totally underrated game...
  • AgentOfAbyssAgentOfAbyss404,775
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 14:00
    One of my favorite series of all time is Fire Emblem and I've never found anything on Xbox quite like it. I tried the first X-Com and loved the battles, but hated the base management so I passed on the 2nd one. Does anyone know something close to Fire Emblem?
  • Lord MidasLord Midas281,680
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 14:03
    Civilization Revolution - even though it's a dumbed down version of Civ 4 it's still very enjoyable. And a pretty easy 1000G
    CIties: Skylines - best city builder available
    RUSE - a clever take on the WWII strategy game. A great BC game
    Hellsteeth!
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 14:41
    I like all the love for Mutant Year Zero in this thread. laugh Honestly, I'd play more strategy games, but I'm terrible at them. I really want something akin to the classic Warcraft games but on Xbox.
    "This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
  • uyadaddyssonuyadaddysson103,532
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 15:12
    I enjoyed X-Morph as well
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,182,636
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 16:39
    I really love the X-Com games, looking forward to trying MYZ as well.

I am nearing the end of Deathtrap and if they took out the requirement to finish all maps on endless I would have really enjoyed it...the endless maps are making it a bit tedious to be honest.
    Legohead 1977
  • magmashark20magmashark20358,433
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 21:58
    buttmudBrooks said:
    I love Cities skylines and Aven Colony. Does anyone here have recommendations for Surviving Mars? It looks right up my alley but it is kind of expensive even on sale and with so many games to buy, I want to know if it's worth the price.
    Surviving mars is fantastic. I’d absolutely recommend it if you are into rts!
    -Jeff
  • Posted on 15 March 19 at 18:14
    Great list, I'm looking forward to trying a few on here that I haven't.

I thought it was absolutely criminal that Warhammer Battlemarch wasn't on this list, then realized it was only Xbox One.... I hope they remaster Warhammer Battlemarch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, and Halo Wars 2 wasn't nearly as good as HW1. The Campaign stank, the multiplayer was ok.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,163,537
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 23:32
    magmashark20 said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    I love Cities skylines and Aven Colony. Does anyone here have recommendations for Surviving Mars? It looks right up my alley but it is kind of expensive even on sale and with so many games to buy, I want to know if it's worth the price.
    Surviving mars is fantastic. I’d absolutely recommend it if you are into rts!
    Thanks for the response. I'm going to take your recommendation and get it next sale (it seems to be on sale often, even though it's never better than like 30%).
    Always number 2.
  • Darklord1899Darklord1899380,627
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 14:13
    Watty8883 said:
    Thanks for this it was a good read. You really get your money's worth with strategy games. ( Unless they are free) Tempted to start Halo Wars 2 on game pass but knowing my luck it will get announced to be pulled once I've unlocked the first few achievements.
    It is a MS game so I think it will be there for the life of games pass.
  • Posted on 17 March 19 at 17:49
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    Oh, and Halo Wars 2 wasn't nearly as good as HW1.
    Agreed. Would recommend playing the HW1 remaster if you’re interested in the series and leave it at that.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.