Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy Trailer Proves There's Something for Everyone

  • punkyliarpunkyliar216,766
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,185,734
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 21:51
    I'll get to 7 and 9 eventually but X/X-2 and XII are what I'm actually waiting for,
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • dotbosamdotbosam306,537
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 21:53
    There is probably something for everybody but $60 CAD for a game ported on PS3/PS Vita/PS4 (looking at you FF X/X-2) as well as FF XII, I have no reason to pull the trigger right away. It is ridiculous how expensive that whole set is.

    I'll grab them on sale, probably.
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,459,141
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:21
    I watched it and cried into my pillow when once again Final Fantasy XIV for Xbox One was not announced.
  • Dino McflyDino Mcfly351,551
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:27
    But no FFVIII
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:28
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    I'll get to 7 and 9 eventually but X/X-2 and XII are what I'm actually waiting for,
    toast Same. Can't wait to whoop some ass with Anima and see Shiva in glorious 4K.clap
  • Radiant SynergyRadiant Synergy1,760,055
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:30
    It's obvious to mention and has been said a lot but I'm disappointed FF8 is not in this collection. Ever since they lost the source code it's been buried and forgotten. Let's hope they can remedy a solution post-launch and release it stand-alone or something. In the meantime, 7 and 9 are my top 2 favourites.
    Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, fire walk with me.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,357,082
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:37
    The issue with FF8 is the shitty PC port. It's all SE have to go on, right down to it's awful midi music.

    I don't understand why they just can't package it with the music mod everyone on Steam uses, which replaces it with the symphonic PS1 soundtrack.

    The version I play on Steam is practically identical to the original.
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • xLsWxxLsWx1,025,247
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:46
    geordiedeviant said:
    I watched it and cried into my pillow when once again Final Fantasy XIV for Xbox One was not announced.
    Blame Sony for this one - although their "wavering" stance on X play may change this
  • NismoR034NismoR034862,499
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:48
    Dino Mcfly said:
    But no FFVIII
    cry

    I know there's reasons for why, but it still hurts.

    More on topic, a few years back it was rumoured there would be a massive collection of all of the Final Fantasy games in one package. God I wish that rumour came to fruition.
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,459,141
    Posted on 13 March 19 at 22:55
    xLsWx said:
    geordiedeviant said:
    I watched it and cried into my pillow when once again Final Fantasy XIV for Xbox One was not announced.
    Blame Sony for this one - although their "wavering" stance on X play may change this
    I just hope it's before I lose some vital functions. Hands, eyesight, ability to sit for 1 hour in a character creation tool checking out builds without needing to toilet/sleep. Ultimately, death...

    *shakes fist at Sony*
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:01
    Really only X and X-2 interest me a lot but I’ll still wait for a sale. If they did ever come in a big collection I would be tempted.
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:01, Edited on 13 March 19 at 23:04 by 緑眼のイアン
    Dino Mcfly said:
    But no FFVIII
    From what I gather, it seems the original files for the game got deleted or something, so they'd have to base it off the PC port which was apparently not good. It's only what I've heard others saying, though, so I have no idea how much truth there is to it.

    At any rate, I plan to get them all eventually. The only FF I've ever played is XV, so I want to go back and play some of the better liked ones if I can. I already bought IX, but I want to play VII first just because I want to constantly have the graphics improve as I play one game to the next.
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:13
    Give me Final Fantasy Tactics you sum bitches
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:16
    Nox Mortiis said:
    Dino Mcfly said:
    But no FFVIII
    From what I gather, it seems the original files for the game got deleted or something, so they'd have to base it off the PC port which was apparently not good. It's only what I've heard others saying, though, so I have no idea how much truth there is to it.

    At any rate, I plan to get them all eventually. The only FF I've ever played is XV, so I want to go back and play some of the better liked ones if I can. I already bought IX, but I want to play VII first just because I want to constantly have the graphics improve as I play one game to the next.
    I also read it may be due to a few song copyright issues. I reallllly hope this gets ironed out. Being able to play the entire main game Final Fantasy Saga (Minus 11 and 14 of course) on my Xbox with achievements would be an absolute dream come true.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:18
    I've only played a bit of 1 final fantasy but for some reason I gave up. Good opportunity to give them a play when i get a chance
  • Posted on 13 March 19 at 23:38
    Am I the only one who thinks buying these titles for the same price I did when they were released years ago without any improvements is bs?
    https://mixer.com/StreamFamily
  • WaKK0rWaKK0r279,789
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:12
    Stream Family said:
    Am I the only one who thinks buying these titles for the same price I did when they were released years ago without any improvements is bs?
    Nope, that's pathetic and awfully greedy.
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:26
    WaKK0r said:
    Stream Family said:
    Am I the only one who thinks buying these titles for the same price I did when they were released years ago without any improvements is bs?
    Nope, that's pathetic and awfully greedy.
    They are all improved from the original releases - especially FFXII. Not saying they're not expensive - but they're definitely upscaled and improved.
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard1,276,439
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 00:27
    WaKK0r said:
    Stream Family said:
    Am I the only one who thinks buying these titles for the same price I did when they were released years ago without any improvements is bs?
    Nope, that's pathetic and awfully greedy.
    I think the prices are fair. I'd gladly pay double that for such great games. They're extremely well made and offer tons of enjoyable gameplay hours.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.