Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy Trailer Proves There's Something for Everyone

• MugenKairoMugenKairo262,726
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 09:47
    geordiedeviant said:
    xLsWx said:
    geordiedeviant said:
    I watched it and cried into my pillow when once again Final Fantasy XIV for Xbox One was not announced.
    Blame Sony for this one - although their {#}wavering{#} stance on X play may change this
    I just hope it's before I lose some vital functions. Hands, eyesight, ability to sit for 1 hour in a character creation tool checking out builds without needing to toilet/sleep. Ultimately, death...

*shakes fist at Sony*
    That’s where adult diapers come in my friend. When I’m 60+ and need to game for a few hours at a time, that’ll be my go-to.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,468,480
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 10:02
    laugh
  • Darr112Darr112289,768
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 10:17
    Does anyone know whether there will be a Xbox One physical disc release for X/X-2 and XII in the UK?
    I can’t seen to find it anywhere.
  • Sean PaulSean Paul1,873,102
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 12:38
    I don't get the point of some people. 50 Bucks for 2 games, that offer so many hours. Around 250 if you go for 100% achievements and even more if you want everything in the games. (X/X-2).
    And to be honest, it wasn't that hard to dodge the 200 lightnings. I did it the first time as a 8 year old boy. I mean, seriously, if you can not handle a task like this, what's the point in gaming anyways? :D
    I have not tried the 1000 ropes but I saw everyone sweating on the 200 lightnings so I guess the rope is not that hard... Just saying. #hatersgonnahate
  • Lord ValoelLord Valoel585,318
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 12:40
    While I did enjoy the crap out of FFX as a kid, I'm somewhat hesitant to pick it up because of that trophy list. Woof.
    Beep boop bop!
  • SUICIDAL SINN3RSUICIDAL SINN3R1,002,892
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 12:54
    I'll gladly pay the full price for X & XII,I put so many hrs into those 2 titles when I bought them cheap on the ps2 that I know what I'm getting at full price,hrs upon hrs of pure enjoymentsmilestop complaining about paying full price for a game that gives you hrs of content but praise empty shells like anthem,destiny,division etc that rip content out,different genres from rpg but still applies,I'm even happy square enix is porting these over,they didn't have to in the first place .
  • Sean PaulSean Paul1,873,102
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 13:04
    Lord Valoel said:
    While I did enjoy the crap out of FFX as a kid, I'm somewhat hesitant to pick it up because of that trophy list. Woof.
    they are not hard. :D
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 13:50
    Lord Valoel said:
    It could be alot worse they are actually fairly easy tbh I think I did it in roughly a week on ps3 a few years back, I was disappointed with the fill the sphere grid and beat penance trophies I was hoping for them to be stat max by rebuilding the entire sphere grid with +4 nodes and beat penance without yojimbo, I still stat maxed and beat penance without yojimbo anyway coz it's honestly my favorite part of FFX and I think I came out around the 120 hour mark. Admittedly it's was probably the 5th or 6th time I'd done since it's original release but If you skipped all scene's and just did what was required you could easily knock that down to 60ish hours, the worst part is unlike PS3/4 x and x-2s achievement list will no doubt be joined so for the 100% we are gonna have to run thru Charlie's angels aswell, haven't completed that since it's original release back in the PS2 days.
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 14:04
    geordiedeviant said:
    I watched it and cried into my pillow when once again Final Fantasy XIV for Xbox One was not announced.
    I totally agree cry
    Pensive
  • WicelowWicelow1,363,730
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 14:08
    dotbosam said:
    There is probably something for everybody but $60 CAD for a game ported on PS3/PS Vita/PS4 (looking at you FF X/X-2) as well as FF XII, I have no reason to pull the trigger right away. It is ridiculous how expensive that whole set is.
    Same here.
    I can purchase Metro Exodus for 45€ and you want me to pay 49 for the port of a port of a port ? Nope.
    I'll glady play them when they'll be 75% off.
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • gobey17gobey17841,426
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 15:27
    I'm going to be grabbing IX sometime over the next coming days most likely, only one I haven't played and suppose to be one of the best so quite excited.

I'll get VII at some point in the future too and although I love X I played it quite a bit back in the day so I can't quite pull the trigger at buying it at that price. Maybe around £30 I bite (or if I get a better paying job!).
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz696,966
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 16:02
    I tried revisiting VII on the PS1 some years ago, man was that ever rough. For a game I had such reverence for I had absolutely no desire to play it again. I'm sure this remade version is better but I still prefer to leave that one to memories.

I might be interested in X / X-2. X was the last Final Fantasy game I played and really enjoyed my time with it. The sphere grid was awesome.

I've only heard great things about XII.
  • Vok 250Vok 250300,740
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 16:25
    I absolutely love that these games are being re-released, but I don't know when I'll find the time to actually play them!
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I543,343
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 17:25
    Crimson Drifter said:
    Give me Final Fantasy Tactics you sum bitches
    +100
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 19:40
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    if people have a problem with the price just wait for a sale because most of the people on here will just buy the game and not play it anyway.
    I feel personally attacked here...
  • TDMage20TDMage20918,300
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 20:09
    I want X & X2 as well because I missed out on them back in the day, but will be waiting on steep discounts. No chance of me paying the price straight out the gate.. roll
  • OvapositorOvapositor168,904
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 21:23
    No FFVIII. The disrespect is real.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz696,966
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 21:50
    Nox Mortiis said:
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    if people have a problem with the price just wait for a sale because most of the people on here will just buy the game and not play it anyway.
    I feel personally attacked here...
    It describes me 100% though!
  • Posted on 14 March 19 at 21:52, Edited on 14 March 19 at 21:52 by ReptarOnIce3000
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    Excuse you sir or madam, I don't appreciate being talked about me like that.
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,962,920
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 22:32
    I can't wait for so many people to realize that FF 7 is not as good as they remember.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.