Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy Trailer Proves There's Something for Everyone

• C64 MatC64 Mat1,359,107
    Posted on 14 March 19 at 23:46
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    I can't wait for so many people to realize that FF 7 is not as good as they remember.
    That's a crappy thing to say.

I'm replaying it on Steam at the moment, and loving every second. I've gotten as far as the Gold Saucer so far.

It's rough looking today, sure, but it's still bloody brilliant.

There are many of us out there who can still play games from yesteryear, you know. We're not all graphics snobs.
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • Deadpool3982Deadpool3982593,287
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 02:40
    Price is bloody ridiculous!
    Wouldn’t mind so much if I could get a physical release but as far as I can see that’s just switch and PlayStation (In the uk anyway) but 45 Quid? And unlikely to drop anytime soon unless we are lucky enough for them to go in a sale (probably with something ridiculous like 10% off)
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,591,707
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 03:22
    Deadpool3982 said:
    Price is bloody ridiculous!
    Wouldn’t mind so much if I could get a physical release but as far as I can see that’s just switch and PlayStation (In the uk anyway) but 45 Quid? And unlikely to drop anytime soon unless we are lucky enough for them to go in a sale (probably with something ridiculous like 10% off)
    Just checked Amazon, and most of these games, other than 7 and 9 have physical releases, which will go down in price over time.
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse1,799,215
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 04:11
    I just recently started on 9 and am excited for the others. Been so long since I played them it brings back memories. Such beautiful games!
    Gtech
  • Sabin VISabin VI1,406,808
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 06:01, Edited on 15 March 19 at 06:17 by Sabin VI
    picking up both X & XII on disc later at some point they're both my least favourite titles of the franchise (still love them) but i don't need to play them day 1 ;)

SNES & Ps1 =) Golden Age Final Fantasy!!
  • elKazaamelKazaam136,928
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 06:09
    I'm still missing FF9 ... FF7 is a must for me.
  • Vok 250Vok 250300,695
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 06:20
    Nox Mortiis said:
    xONLYINHUMANxx said:
    if people have a problem with the price just wait for a sale because most of the people on here will just buy the game and not play it anyway.
    I feel personally attacked here...
    Could be worse. I recently bought a Switch and a bunch of 1st party exclusives. Now that's an expensive backlog!
  • Guirec730Guirec730355,252
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 09:16
    ...wheres Viii?!
    State of the badass art.
  • Sketchy77Sketchy77318,335
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 10:24
    "Listen to my story" gets me everytime. FFX is an all time great imo.
    Achievement Unlocked ~ Read My Signature 0G
  • CubivoreCubivore396,235
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 11:52
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    I can't wait for so many people to realize that FF 7 is not as good as they remember.
    Nah. I recently replayed it on my Vita and it is, in fact, still extremely good. It's still one of the best stories in games and it tells said story in a really interesting way. It also has an aces combat system that is fun to mess around with and totally breakable if you want to go down that route.

The graphics haven't aged well but in every other way the game still kicks a lot of ass.
  • Sean PaulSean Paul1,872,785
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 13:40
    Sketchy77 said:
    "Listen to my story" gets me everytime. FFX is an all time great imo.
    clap
  • AKA SwedeAKA Swede982,329
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 13:58
    Awesome trailer. I can't wait to buy it and put it in my backlog :)
    You have business cards? You're a stormtrooper. There's like a million of you.
  • Posted on 15 March 19 at 14:05
    Any way I could get FFX without X-2?
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • ArcheimArcheim402,222
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 14:07
    So i just pre-ordered VII (i will be getting all of them [again]) but the pre-order price was $15 usd. I remember paying $50 usd when it first came out... am i missing something on the prices here being horrible?
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,962,456
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 16:46
    x Mataeus x said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    That's a crappy thing to say.

I'm replaying it on Steam at the moment, and loving every second. I've gotten as far as the Gold Saucer so far.

It's rough looking today, sure, but it's still bloody brilliant.

There are many of us out there who can still play games from yesteryear, you know. We're not all graphics snobs.
    "that's a crappy thing to say"

mmk champ calm down.

also.

My original post had no mention of graphics, did it? Didn't think so.
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 16:56
    Cubivore said:
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    Nah. I recently replayed it on my Vita and it is, in fact, still extremely good. It's still one of the best stories in games and it tells said story in a really interesting way. It also has an aces combat system that is fun to mess around with and totally breakable if you want to go down that route.

The graphics haven't aged well but in every other way the game still kicks a lot of ass.
    correction, "in your opinion" still good.

and that's fine if you like it.
    I replayed it, and it's crap. It's horribly boring and once you know the story it loses it's enjoyment. "in my opinion"

But don't let me pee in your soup.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,606,039
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 13:01
    Looks like Microsoft and Square Enix are lying to us something for everyone except not if your a MMO fan no final fantasy 14
    Goggs25
  • MarkuhlosMarkuhlos133,663
    Posted on 17 March 19 at 00:31, Edited on 17 March 19 at 00:31 by Markuhlos
    Hope i can buy FF-X alone…
    *du, du du, du du du duuuuuu* (X Battle-Theme :D )
    Sorry for my poor english... ;)
    Posted on 30 April 19 at 17:12
    Just recently finish FF VII I was right, it sucks.
  • XboxoholicXboxoholic288,230
    Posted on 30 April 19 at 20:29, Edited on 30 April 19 at 20:30 by Xboxoholic
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    Just recently finish FF VII I was right, it sucks.
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    correction, "in your opinion" sucks.

and that's fine if you don't like it.
    I replayed it, and it's great. It's massively entertaining and once you know the story it maintains it's enjoyment. "in my opinion"

But don't let me pee in your soup.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.