Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Play DEAD OR ALIVE 6 for Free With the Core Fighters Edition

• GoH StickyGoH Sticky944,176
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 20:23, Edited on 15 March 19 at 20:40 by GoH Sticky
    The tutorial achievements don't work for me

Edit : Ok, the tutorial ones aren't from the tutorial starting with the demo and the PPPP. My bad, it's the long and whole tutorial you need to complete
  • Posted on 15 March 19 at 21:22
    The Wet Chef said:
    FaSCoRP said:
    Sorry I meant DOA Quest. There are specific character related quest. I.E. in the first three ones, you get Kasumi, and the next ones are unavailable in the Core Fighters version (Leifang and Bayman), since you don't have them, so basically you are stuck in the first quest, unable to unlock the 10 starts or 100 starts achievements.
    Ahhh!
    Thanx for the info toast
    I was able to complete Quests for characters that weren't free.
  • MondoBondoMondoBondo1,154,906
    Posted on 15 March 19 at 22:15
    ShellDuchess4 said:
    The Wet Chef said:
    FaSCoRP said:
    Sorry I meant DOA Quest. There are specific character related quest. I.E. in the first three ones, you get Kasumi, and the next ones are unavailable in the Core Fighters version (Leifang and Bayman), since you don't have them, so basically you are stuck in the first quest, unable to unlock the 10 starts or 100 starts achievements.
    Ahhh!
    Thanx for the info toast
    I was able to complete Quests for characters that weren't free.
    Ditto, I was able to play Phase 4's quests even though I didn't own the deluxe version.
  • The Wet ChefThe Wet Chef508,798
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 00:54
    So in other words!
    You CAN 100% the game (Achievement wise) for free smile
    There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
  • FaSCoRPFaSCoRP667,730
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 11:16, Edited on 16 March 19 at 11:27 by FaSCoRP
    The Wet Chef said:
    So in other words!
    You CAN 100% the game (Achievement wise) for free smile
    Yes it looks so but you need gold to play the ranked matches.

Sorry for the DOA Quest before, I confirm that no matter which character has the quest, besides having just 4 fighters, you can play with all the others on that mode.

BTW: Besides that, I wanted to say that the gameplay on it is very good, looks very polished and fast and evolved, not like a copy paste from the previous game. Sure the characters looks better and shiny and so on but the "CORE" gameplay here is excellent and a pleasure to see.
    https://casivg.wordpress.com
  • Galuda WingsGaluda Wings496,239
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 13:50, Edited on 16 March 19 at 15:35 by Galuda Wings
    FaSCoRP said:
    BTW: Besides that, I wanted to say that the gameplay on it is very good, looks very polished and fast and evolved, not like a copy paste from the previous game. Sure the characters looks better and shiny and so on but the "CORE" gameplay here is excellent and a pleasure to see.
    This. I've been having a blast with this game, such beautifully smooth gameplay with new mechanics that work well with DOA.

The only achievement people may have a problem with, is winning 5 straight ranked matches. I myself have done this countless times both on here and PS4, but I've also been playing DOA since the beginning. With that said, you shouldn't have much of a problem as long as you learn counter holding (and use it efficiently), making sure to throw people who are blocking, and mix up your attacks so people have a hard time reading you. As long as you train for a little bit and get pretty comfortable with a specific character, you should be able to do fairly well online even if you've never played a Dead or Alive game before.
  • V4R14N7V4R14N71,051,620
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 17:12
    ronnie42 said:
    I wouldn't mind getting this but I still remember DOA5 when I bought the game then later seeing them tying to sell a lot of mini-dlc, which was over £100's overall....got a bit ridiculous.
    It was much worse then that; at least x3 that price, if not more. DOA6 first season pass costs $93 and only lasts till June, then without a doubt there will be another one.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic576,417
    Posted on 16 March 19 at 21:35
    V4R14N7 said:
    ronnie42 said:
    I wouldn't mind getting this but I still remember DOA5 when I bought the game then later seeing them tying to sell a lot of mini-dlc, which was over £100's overall....got a bit ridiculous.
    It was much worse then that; at least x3 that price, if not more. DOA6 first season pass costs $93 and only lasts till June, then without a doubt there will be another one.
    DOA5 had around 7 season passes (at least) at around $92 a pop (think #7 was around $50 tho). They only cover a specific number of suits, typically, per pass and you tend to get an extra suit or two that is exclusive to the pass. The passes do go on sale rarely (seen them for sale on PSN more than XBL) for around half off, but haven't seen an XBL sale on the DOA5 stuff for quite a while.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 19 at 21:25
    Just 100%ed the core version is 2 days. Pretty easy completion, and for a free game, its pretty enjoyable.
  • SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon1,785,976
    Posted on 18 March 19 at 06:04
    Anyone else having trouble getting into ranked play? I select my character and costume and it just sits there, not sending me to matchmake
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 March 19 at 07:03
    SwordofWhedon said:
    Anyone else having trouble getting into ranked play? I select my character and costume and it just sits there, not sending me to matchmake
    It took a while sometimes to find randoms. You will have a much easier time with a co-op partner or double boxing, as long as you stay within the same level as each other. After I got my 5 win streak out of the way, I got my dummy account to the same level, and as long as we traded wins, we connected very quickly.
  • Destro WODDestro WOD483,063
    Posted on 18 March 19 at 08:36
    ArkhmInmate0801 said:
    Just 100%ed the core version is 2 days. Pretty easy completion, and for a free game, its pretty enjoyable.
    Holy cow your a machine? lol

For the ones wondering DOA5 had 1300$ of season passes, it was obscene, but it was just costumes and you could buy almost all of them individually so i guess its still better than lootboxes. Im surprised DOA didn't go that route, maybe cause the lootboxes craze has come and go and is outlaw in a few countries? Or maybe because they know the die hard would just play and not pay HAHA :P With the current system the die hard are paying cause they want those costumes.

Anyway personally i may snatch 1 or 2 if there 2$ individually like 5 but thats as much as ill pay.

As for rank im guessing you may have trouble finding players cause most peoples have rank to the E/D bracket a least now.
    Destro WOD
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads