Community Events Forum

Forum for the Link Frog Contest

Link Frog Discussion

AuthorMessage
x S E N U A
x S E N U A
Posted on 01 April 19 at 12:30
Yeah super fun and competitive for me :). I slacked it at the very end but really proud I was able to fight for 7th through the first week and the middle of the ending of the 2nd week. Can't wait for more contest like this
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 01 April 19 at 12:53
Triple Triad777 said:
Anyways, that’s it for me and contest gaming, probably for good. This was my last attempt at doing a final contest. Despite telling Mr.Granstaff that I wouldn’t bother with this contest, I guess I ended up doing it anyways. It was quite fun to ruin my almost complete bean dive, but for pushing this hard, 2 weeks is an awfully long time for this sort of event. I felt this was much more draining than 2nd place I got in the Winter Olympics for most achievements. Anyways....hopefully I still get my community badge and the 20 that disappeared weren’t the ones that qualified mewink
We need a recount! laugh

Good effort, as always. Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons why I can't bring myself to fully participate in these events. I would hate to put in all of this effort for something like this to happen. It's got to be difficult to recover from.

At least there wasn't any alt tags that participated in this, am I right? wink

Really enjoyed this contest's idea though. Looking forward to the next one!
One of the biggest mistakes we make is assuming that other people think the way we think.
EDx GREEN JESUS
Posted on 01 April 19 at 14:14
Liked this a lot. Actually got me to start games that I had left for a while or finish some. Tried my hardest to get top 3 until I realised I was way out of my league trying that. Good effort by all laugh.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 01 April 19 at 14:24
Amazing effort by all involved. I'm sure we'll hear soon how many of us are 7/7 holders.
ChasIII
ChasIII
Posted on 01 April 19 at 15:25
Thanks for this contest. Love these challenges. Keep up the good work
I’ve been secretly naked under these clothes for years.
omgeezus
omgeezus
Posted on 01 April 19 at 16:11
Thanks for the great contest - held onto 20th by the skin of my teeth. I’ve never been so into a contest here, so thank you again for getting me into my backlog!
I CANNOT GET OFF MY CAMEL
KungFuStu72
KungFuStu72
Posted on 01 April 19 at 17:51
I wish that I'd noticed that the event was already over. Just spent the last 2 hours pointlessly earning another few achievements in my string.
AlbinoKidELITE
Posted on 01 April 19 at 18:48
KungFuStu72 said:
I wish that I'd noticed that the event was already over. Just spent the last 2 hours pointlessly earning another few achievements in my string.
If you’re earning achievements, it’s never pointless!
"I'm sorry AlbinoKidElite but you are very stupid!" - some Canadian.
Ace Phoenyx II
Posted on 02 April 19 at 01:48, Edited on 02 April 19 at 01:49 by Ace Phoenyx II
Triple Triad777 said:
I’m done. Can’t be bothered anymore. Not going to pull an all nighter for no reason. I had a chance with the 20 achievement lead, but at this point, it put me behind Ace. Congrats on 3rd man. I grew complacent the last few days thinking that I was sitting at a comfy 3rd, but you crept up on me.
Thanks, sorry to have it end like this for you, would've been curious to see which one of us came out on top since I let up slightly since this happened. Figure I could've done another 10-15, not sure where you would've wound up.

As for my thoughts on the contest as a whole. It was a decent idea but the whole thing starts falling apart when you realize how the English language works. So many R, S, T, E, N endings for words that it causes the competition to be about who has the most of those letters they can use, rather than who can get the most achievements. Personally I ran out of Rs that took less than 30 minutes on Sunday or would've probably had another 30-40 achievements done, most of my easy ones left end in R now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to this competition but I think there would need to be some kind of change so we don't inevitably wind up in the same R, S, T, E, N loop. Either that or maybe drop this competition in favour of an endless alphabet challenge so we are guaranteed letter variance.
cnirvana
cnirvana
Posted on 02 April 19 at 02:30
Anyone else having the event not showing up as completed even though they hit the 10 mark?

I hit 14 but it is not showing up as a completed event under my badge cry I should have all 7 events completed but it is only showing the past 6. Maybe it is because I didn't force end it before time expired?
http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=803894&anchor=6315427#m6315427
mfeforever
mfeforever
Posted on 02 April 19 at 03:46
It is not showing in the list, when you drilldown from the badge. However, when hovering over the badge, the count is one higher than the number of events displayed in the drilldown. Since the code to recognize the event's completion was deployed, some time back, this is how it has behaved. My guess is they are still working on a method to display the achievement lists.
There is no such thing as too competitive. ;-)
AlbinoKidELITE
Posted on 02 April 19 at 22:05
cnirvana said:
Anyone else having the event not showing up as completed even though they hit the 10 mark?

I hit 14 but it is not showing up as a completed event under my badge cry I should have all 7 events completed but it is only showing the past 6. Maybe it is because I didn't force end it before time expired?
You only completed 6 events so your tab is correct, it is just awaiting display of the completed Linkfrog once the tech boffins figure out how they want to show the challenge info.
"I'm sorry AlbinoKidElite but you are very stupid!" - some Canadian.
vanuslux
vanuslux
Posted on 03 April 19 at 13:23
Ace Phoenyx II said:
As for my thoughts on the contest as a whole. It was a decent idea but the whole thing starts falling apart when you realize how the English language works. So many R, S, T, E, N endings for words that it causes the competition to be about who has the most of those letters they can use, rather than who can get the most achievements. Personally I ran out of Rs that took less than 30 minutes on Sunday or would've probably had another 30-40 achievements done, most of my easy ones left end in R now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to this competition but I think there would need to be some kind of change so we don't inevitably wind up in the same R, S, T, E, N loop. Either that or maybe drop this competition in favour of an endless alphabet challenge so we are guaranteed letter variance.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on it...and the reason why I stopped bothering after getting the minimum for the badge. I think it might be more interesting if it were more of a daisy chain of each achievement beginning with the third letter of the achievement before it. There's a lot more variety in what the third letter of a word is than in the last letters.
Lanceride
Lanceride
Posted on 08 April 19 at 15:06
The badge page looks great! Thanks again to all who worked on this.

*obligatory comment about how UHH is still missing*
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 10 April 19 at 16:53
Nice touch with the achievement pictures!
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.