Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Team Sonic Racing Videos Released, As SEGA Tease The Next Sonic Title

AuthorMessage
DamnSilly
DamnSilly
Posted on 18 March 19 at 15:45
Not one, not two but three videos for Sumo Digital's racing game

Please click here to read the story: Team Sonic Racing Videos Released, As SEGA Tease The Next Sonic Title
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:41, Edited on 18 March 19 at 16:41 by Reborn Insanity
Looks like it could be fun, but with Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled right around the corner I wonder how well it's going to do.
See You Space Cowboy...
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 18 March 19 at 20:39, Edited on 18 March 19 at 20:46 by Solo Wing 82
Oh man, that 90s sega electric guitar(well I associate it with the 90's and sega ) sounds so good in the first song. I love that sega electric guitar sound, it reminds me of sega rally on Saturn, and sonic adventure offcourse, the . I got all emblems in sonic adventure 1 and 2 on dreamcast around 20 years ago and then all sa2 emblems once more on gamecube,...its been 20 years already??? and on xbox I cant do it anymore. I haven't really given it a good shot yet, but I feel like I lost my gaming skills and just looking at the stages and everything, im thinking , how did I do it back then? anyway, definitely picking this up.

Also I like to use this space to say that I don't understand why sega is so slow remastering more Dreamcast and Saturn games and make some more mega drive pile ups, and they can do so much more. They have so much good stuff to work with, so many characters, I should be working there, I got so many ideas for great games, i missed my calling as i should have studied to be a game developer......ahh....
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 18 March 19 at 22:51, Edited on 18 March 19 at 22:56 by Donietsche
Solo Wing 82 said:
Oh man, that 90s sega electric guitar(well I associate it with the 90's and sega ) sounds so good in the first song. I love that sega electric guitar sound, it reminds me of sega rally on Saturn, and sonic adventure offcourse, the .
The highly recognizable Sega's music style (which is mostly defined by the 80s classics) wasn't an accident. Since Outrun/Afterburner the musical impact of their games was the result of having an amazing team (which worked as a "band") devoted to delivering the best possible soundtracks.

If you can, check on yt the "S.S.T. band": they were/are the original musicians/sound designers of the most iconic Sega games, at least up until the mid 90s (the imprint of their style endures to this day though, because even the more recent Sega titles stick to the formula of rock/rock fusion of the classic titles).

And yes, they've been playing their musical creation live (with a rock ensemble) for decades.
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 19 March 19 at 00:08
I just checked out that band and its awesome! I just played a game of afterburner in Shenmue 2 the other day, now I wanna go back and play it again. To bad they are not on spotify.
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 19 March 19 at 00:43, Edited on 19 March 19 at 00:43 by Donietsche
glad to hear you that you've enjoyed the band!

I hope that you've grabbed Afterburner Climax when it was still available on XBL: that game is perfect when you have a Sega itch to scratch.

While I still own the pc edition of Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast, I still regret not getting Outrun Online Arcade... you never own enough versions of an Outrun game!
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 19 March 19 at 13:02
Donietsche said:
glad to hear you that you've enjoyed the band!

I hope that you've grabbed Afterburner Climax when it was still available on XBL: that game is perfect when you have a Sega itch to scratch.

While I still own the pc edition of Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast, I still regret not getting Outrun Online Arcade... you never own enough versions of an Outrun game!
I got just about every sega game for xbox. I got a nes in the late 80s, and switched to mega drive after it broke, then got mega cd, Saturn, dreamcast. I sold it all except for my dreamcast though. But yeh offcourse I got afterburner climax. and the outrun games for original xbox (outrun 2 and coast to coast) and the 360 version, and happened to play the awesome outrun 2 arcade, the one with 4 cars in a row just recently on my holiday in the Philippines. They love arcades there.
I don't understand why we don't get more sega arcade games on xbox one. I really want a remasterd sega rally championship game, The desert track in sega rally online arcade was alright, but missed the great music.
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 19 March 19 at 13:54, Edited on 19 March 19 at 13:57 by Donietsche
Solo Wing 82 said:
I don't understand why we don't get more sega arcade games on xbox one. I really want a remasterd sega rally championship game, The desert track in sega rally online arcade was alright, but missed the great music.
licenses, I guess (they don't plan to invest on them, as they used to do in the past). At least if you're thinking about Sega's racing games. Still, I'm still hoping that Outrun 2 could make a comeback as an OG xbox title with the GWG program sooner or later.

Good for you for experiencing the game as it's supposed to (in an arcade mall, with the proper cabinet). I still miss the old days, and the excitement of playing a Sega coin-op in the proper environment!

Consoles and home-gaming in their current shape are great, sure.

But the magic of a room filled with the sounds and visuals of coin-ops lined up, eager to swallow your wallet whole (that was the nature of the beast!), was and still is something else.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.