Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Unlike EA and PlayStation, Bethesda Will Still Have an E3 Showcase

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:27
What do you predict for the fifth Bethesda showcase?

Please click here to read the story: Unlike EA and PlayStation, Bethesda Will Still Have an E3 Showcase
Proud Dad MCAL
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:30
Just give me more elder scrolls VI or blades... blades is seeming better and better to me, and it may include achievements since Xbox is starting to go more IOS and Android
LLboxed
LLboxed
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:32
Proud Dad MCAL said:
Just give me more elder scrolls VI or blades... blades is seeming better and better to me, and it may include achievements since Xbox is starting to go more IOS and Android
Should definitely be the case for Blades since they said at the PK last year that you would also be able to play it on Xbox One.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:34
I will say it for all of us. Elder Scrolls 6!
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:36
Although I was disappointed with the PR nightmare that was Fallout 76, I still trust Bethesda will put on a good show and redeem themselves.

I'm hoping to see some Doom, Elder Scrolls VI, and Starfield.
See You Space Cowboy...
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:38
I’m not expecting much from Bethesda just because it seems we know a lot of what they’re doing and they won’t be releasing soon. I would like to be surprised about something, doesn’t have to be huge, just something to make me think “didn’t see that coming, pretty cool”.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:38
Is anyone even excited for anything these guys put out anymore? ES6 will use the same tired ass, outdated engine, it will have a forgettable story, and it'll be riddled with microtransactions. Doom Eternal might turn out ok.
AgentZachMorgan
AgentZachMorgan
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:39
I'm hoping for some kind of tease for The Evil Within 3.
I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
billbillbill
billbillbill
Posted on 18 March 19 at 16:52
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Is anyone even excited for anything these guys put out anymore? ES6 will use the same tired ass, outdated engine, it will have a forgettable story, and it'll be riddled with microtransactions. Doom Eternal might turn out ok.
WELL! since you ask, I'm curious about:

More Doom: Eternal;
More Rage 2;
Possible Prey 2 / New Arkane Studios project reveal;
Possible new Tango Gameworks's project reveal;
Possible new MachineGames project reveal.

I don't dig Bethesda as a developer (they always seem to think 'More is best!') but they've proven a solid publisher over the last few years.
Try not to have too cynical an outlook, guy. It'll mellow you out and you'll live longer. ^ ^
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:03
I actually like Fallout 76 but I do hope the same logic of a bad game leading to a good game getting remastered is applied to BioWare with a Mass Effect remastered trilogy.

As for Bethesda, something new from Arkane would be huge as I adore Dishonored and really came to like Prey too after some early frustrations. Another Evil Within would be great. Rage 2 DLC seems likely. Overall I like Bethesda’s lineup even as they tend to be a bit one-note, and that note is gratuitous violence.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:04
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
I’m not expecting much from Bethesda just because it seems we know a lot of what they’re doing and they won’t be releasing soon. I would like to be surprised about something, doesn’t have to be huge, just something to make me think “didn’t see that coming, pretty cool”.
Bethesda announces Cats The Musical: The Game.
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:06
billbillbill said:
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
WELL! since you ask, I'm curious about:

More Doom: Eternal;
More Rage 2;
Possible Prey 2 / New Arkane Studios project reveal;
Possible new Tango Gameworks's project reveal;
Possible new MachineGames project reveal.

I don't dig Bethesda as a developer (they always seem to think 'More is best!') but they've proven a solid publisher over the last few years.
Try not to have too cynical an outlook, guy. It'll mellow you out and you'll live longer. ^ ^
You're right. Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you're part of the team. Everything is great. All those games will be timeless classics.

*insert NPC pic here*
BloodGodAlucard
BloodGodAlucard
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:34
Fallout New Vegas remaster or go home Todd. laugh

I always love Bethesda's show each year. Looking forward to it. Hopefully no awkward live music performance this time. Just games would be nice.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:34
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Bethesda announces Cats The Musical: The Game.
Definitely has the didn’t see it coming part but I’m not sure if it captures the pretty cool part. I’ll need to see the trailercompute
xDaddy Cake
xDaddy Cake
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:37
i read in some forums one of sony’s reason for absence this year, is theyre not ready to answer or entertain questions on cross play/cross progression. maybe true maybe not
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:41
Bring it on Bethesda!
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:47
xDaddy Cake said:
i read in some forums one of sony’s reason for absence this year, is theyre not ready to answer or entertain questions on cross play/cross progression. maybe true maybe not
I think they could put on a show and simply ignore questions on cross play/progression -- it's not as though there's normally a Q&A section to the conference.

Honestly I think it's to do with avoiding unnecessary crunch. That seems to be the general consensus as to why they skipped their own PSX event this year and it makes sense for E3 too. Much as I like the events, you only have to look at what's happened to several EA titles in the past few years that tried to push too hard to get an E3 demo ready.

Sony have a decent position in the sense that they have some exciting and likely high-quality games in the pipeline, but none of them are coming out in a suitable time-frame for the E3 circuit. Given the absolute secrecy surrounding their plots, The Last of Us II and Death Stranding probably wouldn't be appropriate titles to put on the show floor as a playable demo anyway. I strongly suspect they will hold their own event later in the year, and probably reveal next-gen plans as part of that.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 18 March 19 at 17:50
Doom is probably the only game I'll buy on release day all year, or maybe even 5 years! Well, realistically at least until Darkest Dungeon 2 comes out.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 18 March 19 at 18:20
Great. More bug-ridden half-games.
Moelhede42
Moelhede42
Posted on 18 March 19 at 18:21
Why make a remaster of Fallout 3 with an outdated game engine?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.