Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Live Gold Members Can Play Vigor for Free This Weekend

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 20 March 19 at 10:16
Scavenge for loot amongst other Outlanders in tense map-based encounters

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Live Gold Members Can Play Vigor for Free This Weekend
Petrolium Bear
Posted on 20 March 19 at 10:24
Interesting, I will definitely try this on an Alt account. It looks nice and I hear the shootings a bit crap but we will see.
Mr Bear if you dare
WonderCaliban
WonderCaliban
Posted on 20 March 19 at 10:28
No Achievements. So will wait.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 20 March 19 at 14:28
Same as above, waiting on an achievement list to see

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 20 March 19 at 20:18
This looks awesome! clap
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 21 March 19 at 03:07, Edited on 21 March 19 at 03:09 by wolfsburgraz
I bought into the preview and have played a few dozen matches. It is a good take on the battle royale game, worrying about an engagement going wrong when you have a bag of parts to extract is terrifying and exciting. Do you fight and potentially lose everything (your guns, ammo and healing items included), or run away with some goodies and live to fight another day?

Duos is fun but it is very easy to team kill. Unless it has changed in a recent update they don't actually mark your teammate's position or show any info on the HUD and you're likely to shoot them by accident if you are not communicating position well and get spooked thinking it's another foe.

The audio design still needs some work, I struggle a lot to pinpoint the direction footsteps and other noise is coming from compared to something like PUBG which is very on point for sound.

The guns feel decent and the gunfire sounds are ace. It seems wonky with how it registers hits, there are times I lay into someone and they don't go down, there are times when I am full health and get killed by one or two pistol rounds.

I would suggest trying it out. I haven't played since an update or two ago as all progress will be wiped when it hits 1.0. I don't want to sink in any more time for it all to disappear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.