Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gears of War 4's Gilded RAAM Challenge Gives Rewards for Gears 5

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 21 March 19 at 11:28
Unlock the Gilded RAAM character and the Black Phantom weapon skin set

Please click here to read the story: Gears of War 4's Gilded RAAM Challenge Gives Rewards for Gears 5
BushidoBrown305
Posted on 21 March 19 at 11:32, Edited on 21 March 19 at 11:36 by BushidoBrown305
Can’t wait for 5 to be the same micro transaction filled mess. Just give me a gears 3 remaster to play instead, I’d enjoy that more
z0rrofox
z0rrofox
Posted on 21 March 19 at 11:50
This is the incentive needed to get back into gears and try and get Wings 1! That's Apex blown out the window
Michel
Michel
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:09
kinda bs that none of the other unlockables will move to Gears 5, glad I didn't gamble on Black Steel boxes
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:13, Edited on 21 March 19 at 12:14 by T0NY HAYABUSA
Michel said:
kinda bs that none of the other unlockables will move to Gears 5, glad I didn't gamble on Black Steel boxes
TC "says" that certain things will transfer over. I don't see the BS Characters transferring but other skins might. They said they will say something about it soon enough and put a 5 as the background on that particular item card. I'm actually quite shocked they are doing this though. I uninstalled Gears 4 a few months back but once I saw that the Black Phantom skins transfer, I had to reinstall it just to get them and then uninstall it again.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:17
z0rrofox said:
This is the incentive needed to get back into gears and try and get Wings 1! That's Apex blown out the window
Haha, I saw this and thought the same thing. I’m going to do this, I’ve got a lot of stuff to do still and this is the motivation I need. Saw it was re-up 10 and said nope, never mind.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:29
Looks like I have some Speedruns to do.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:52
The end of this road marks the most content released for any Gears game in the series history with 269 characters and 2,384 Weapon Skins
I had no idea skins are now considered "content." A season pass with 'private ownership' of maps is easily one of the biggest season passes ripoffs ever.

I'm looking forward to all the new Gears 5 content: emblems for the Vatican city, Monaco, and Liechtenstein.
Krazie
Krazie
Posted on 21 March 19 at 13:35
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
The end of this road marks the most content released for any Gears game in the series history with 269 characters and 2,384 Weapon Skins
I had no idea skins are now considered {#}content.{#} A season pass with 'private ownership' of maps is easily one of the biggest season passes ripoffs ever.

I'm looking forward to all the new Gears 5 content: emblems for the Vatican city, Monaco, and Liechtenstein.
The season pass was clearly spelled out beforehand. Anyone feeling ripped off can only blame themselves for that.
Ron Jeremy R6
Ron Jeremy R6
Posted on 21 March 19 at 13:46
BushidoBrown305 said:
Just give me a gears 3 remaster to play instead
And another Seriously 3.0? No thanks, that achievement burned me out ..
Smudgenat0r
Smudgenat0r
Posted on 21 March 19 at 14:04
Krazie said:
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
I had no idea skins are now considered {#}content.{#} A season pass with 'private ownership' of maps is easily one of the biggest season passes ripoffs ever.

The season pass was clearly spelled out beforehand. Anyone feeling ripped off can only blame themselves for that.
Exactly! Yes the season pass was terrible value for money, but no one was duped into buying it. You got exactly what you paid for.

I'm definitely going to go back to Gears 4 to get this, and I'm excited to see what Gears 5 has to offer.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 21 March 19 at 14:05
Krazie said:
Agreed, perhaps ripoff isn't the best description. Considering how fun the RAAM DLC was for Gears 3, maybe sad excuse, disappointment, or wasted potential is more fitting.
RadicalKoopa
RadicalKoopa
Posted on 21 March 19 at 14:31
I nearly lost my shit when I read challenge 1 until I realized it is retroactive.
z0rrofox
z0rrofox
Posted on 21 March 19 at 14:38
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
z0rrofox said:
Haha, I saw this and thought the same thing. I’m going to do this, I’ve got a lot of stuff to do still and this is the motivation I need. Saw it was re-up 10 and said nope, never mind.
I'm Re-up 9 but got burnt out just around christmas with it. Couple of decent Horde games should clear this out
Smudgenat0r
Smudgenat0r
Posted on 21 March 19 at 14:47
Michel said:
Not really bs. No where when you were trying to get them does it say that these are transferred to Gears 5. You are not entitled to them in Gears 5, you got them in the game they were meant for.
DucKy BaBy
DucKy BaBy
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:01, Edited on 21 March 19 at 15:02 by DucKy BaBy
Please no more pay to win microtrsnsactions in horde.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:15
Krazie said:
Moldy Tacos5000 said:

Not entirely true, they wouldn’t confirm or deny any actual DLC content being released for the game. I paid for the season pass to support my favorite series but I honestly thought there would have been some DLC since the the Gears 3 DLC was so good. I don’t regret my decision but I think the Gears 4 season pass had some of the worst value out there.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:34
Almost makes me want to re-install it. Almost. Especially since all it would take is one good speedrunning session or two...
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:42
If you can get 5,000 points per versus then you're only looking to do 100 matches. That's not that bad considering the amount of time given.
A little shocked the campaign one is retroactive. Figured they would have tried to get everyone that already got all the new achievemebts to play it one last time.
BlazingNobleKid
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:52
Re-up 10? No thanks, the lifers can have Ramm. Now I know to quit whenever I see Ramm in the future and in Gears 5
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.