Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

CD Projekt RED Confirm They Still Plan To Release Two AAA Titles by 2021

AuthorMessage
NoHeroes94
447,414
NoHeroes94
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:10
RPG's RPG's everywhere and not a moment to think

Please click here to read the story: CD Projekt RED Confirm They Still Plan To Release Two AAA Titles by 2021
CHRISNINETY1
244,216
CHRISNINETY1
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:17
That's not what 'infamous' means.
Elliot Pierson
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:40
CHRISNINETY1 said:
That's not what 'infamous' means.
Yeah that's not quite right haha. I would've put Renowned, or Highly regarded or something.
True Marvellous
2,101,377
True Marvellous
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:41
The Witcher series is bad then who knew.

The mystery title has to be a Witcher game though I cant see them working on two new Ip at once.
Gameplay Focused Reviews that dont pander to publishers check out www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
NoHeroes94
447,414
NoHeroes94
Posted on 21 March 19 at 12:43, Edited on 21 March 19 at 12:55 by NoHeroes94
Elliot Pierson said:
CHRISNINETY1 said:
That's not what 'infamous' means.
Yeah that's not quite right haha. I would've put Renowned, or Highly regarded or something.
Quite right, thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the word error.
Inspector 74
214,317
Inspector 74
Posted on 21 March 19 at 13:48
These guys are awesome and fair play to them if they are working on two new IPs but the smart money says another Witcher game doesent it, either way they can take my money these guys are awesome in my humble opinion
DaBlackAlbino
298,072
DaBlackAlbino
Posted on 21 March 19 at 14:43, Edited on 21 March 19 at 14:44 by DaBlackAlbino
Inspector 74 said:
These guys are awesome and fair play to them if they are working on two new IPs but the smart money says another Witcher game doesent it, either way they can take my money these guys are awesome in my humble opinion
I like the lack of political correctness in their games, I remember when playing The Witcher III, I think I heard a line of dialogue from an NPC in town that said something along the lines of "I don't give a whore's cunt" and I smiled. Little things like that. Sometimes they're even more explicit and it's not just mindless profanity, but they're making a greater point. I appreciate this. Other game studios do not do this these days, they're sanitised. CD Projekt Red isn't. They're gritty, and it's awesome, and I hope they stay that way.
CHRISNINETY1
244,216
CHRISNINETY1
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:38
NoHeroes94 said:
Quite right, thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the word error.
It's easily done. It did make me wonder if that was your way of saying you didn't like the game. That being said, it doesn't appear to be on your gamercard - go and play it right now!

DaBlackAlbino said:
Inspector 74 said:
These guys are awesome and fair play to them if they are working on two new IPs but the smart money says another Witcher game doesent it, either way they can take my money these guys are awesome in my humble opinion
I like the lack of political correctness in their games, I remember when playing The Witcher III, I think I heard a line of dialogue from an NPC in town that said something along the lines of {#}I don't give a whore's cunt{#} and I smiled. Little things like that. Sometimes they're even more explicit and it's not just mindless profanity, but they're making a greater point. I appreciate this. Other game studios do not do this these days, they're sanitised. CD Projekt Red isn't. They're gritty, and it's awesome, and I hope they stay that way.
There's certainly SOME political correctness in the Witcher, but it's the sort of political correctness that any decent person should agree with. For example, there's a lot of references to racism in the game and it's clearly portrayed as being an awful thing. Although the victims here are elves and dwarves, the sentiment is the same. That's the sort of political correctness we should all be able to get behind. And the portrayal of it holds to the grittiness you referenced. At the same time, references to whore's cunts are also something I can get behind.
NicoleRenee00
100,834
NicoleRenee00
Posted on 21 March 19 at 15:55
CHRISNINETY1 said:
There's certainly SOME political correctness in the Witcher, but it's the sort of political correctness that any decent person should agree with. For example, there's a lot of references to racism in the game and it's clearly portrayed as being an awful thing. Although the victims here are elves and dwarves, the sentiment is the same. That's the sort of political correctness we should all be able to get behind. And the portrayal of it holds to the grittiness you referenced. At the same time, references to whore's cunts are also something I can get behind.
I really like this point. It's what I particularly like about the game as well. Appealing to common decency without an agenda (at least that I can see). The NPCs in the Witcher feel the most real to me because they do say things that any person on the street might say, whether its profanity or not. laugh
"This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! Now I have to spend all day computing Pi because he plugged in the overlord."
zoidberg1339
366,175
zoidberg1339
Posted on 21 March 19 at 16:39
In the spirit of LA Noire being the TA playlist game for this month, I may have to press X to doubt on this one.
DiegoTan
214,382
DiegoTan
Posted on 21 March 19 at 16:43
Hehe that's an advantage of being Polish, Witcher 3 was far more superior in Polish with the voices and shitload of references to our country and politics. But not sure if I'd play Cyberpunk if it had Polish dubbing.
Yatta!
pezboyben
517,145
pezboyben
Posted on 21 March 19 at 16:48
I hope it's a new Witcher game, I'm just playing through The Witcher 3 for the first time and I am loving every bit of it, I would love to see more!
Musikfreak007
225,040
Musikfreak007
Posted on 21 March 19 at 18:04
The Cyberpunk hype is real.
The Globalizer
Posted on 21 March 19 at 18:59
DaBlackAlbino said:
I like the lack of political correctness in their games
Sincere question, since I hear this a lot with limited elaboration - what exactly does this mean, and why is it apparently such a big deal?

How is this different from merely awkward dialogue/storyline/gameplay design choices?
Zlodziey
Posted on 21 March 19 at 22:53
I would say it's just being slavic, we love our profanities :)

The books also seem to have something to do with this, since they're really naturalistic. The witcher world, as depicted in the books, is indeed a shitty place and no fairytale at all. It's full of greedy, smelly peasants that would kill you for a penny since they spend all of their lives drowning in shit. It has it's raw, sick beauty I guess :)
Zlodziey
Posted on 21 March 19 at 23:17
The Globalizer said:
DaBlackAlbino said:
I like the lack of political correctness in their games
Sincere question, since I hear this a lot with limited elaboration - what exactly does this mean, and why is it apparently such a big deal?

How is this different from merely awkward dialogue/storyline/gameplay design choices?
I don't doubt there's plenty of morons that would fight to the death over whether there's a black guy/woman/gay/trans/whatever in your movie/game/thing or not, but I don't think that's really the point.

Big money tends to cut the extremes, since they don't sell as well. That's what political corectness is, basically. I don't really believe anyone actually cares about all this stuff, but it's still bad for business, since your average buyer doesn't like to be the weird guy, and that's the risk of being anything other than correct. This limits the content to correct things, that some people find boring. I get that, if you're over, say, 25 years old, most stories seem to be really generic to you and you need to stress the limits a bit to really be interested.

The more of the market this correctness tendency grabs, the worse off those bored people are. I would say the gaming community is actually quite elitist and the percentage of people with high content expectations is higher than in other industries. And since big money gets a good grip on the gaming market lately, this kinda becomes a big deal, as you could get cut off the good stuff because some dude wants to make another billion of bucks at your games' quality expense. Well, as George Carlin would put it, fuck this dude, this dude sucks. Let him go make his money on fancy restaurants, designer clothes or legal drugs instead.

I mean, there HAS TO be a place where you can actually get some good content, and we're pretty much the last bastion, since good cinema got raped by cheap streaming and free media are just unfilterable.
tsu4311
126,453
tsu4311
Posted on 22 March 19 at 11:14
Kudos to this comment section on civility when discussing political correctness in games
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.


3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.


4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.


These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.

×