Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Infinite Adventures Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 21 March 19 at 16:12
    Please use this thread to discuss the Infinite Adventures walkthrough
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,665,453
    Posted on 21 March 19 at 22:46
    I'll be doing this one. I have no clue how long the game is as there is very little information out there about this game, so I can't give a time estimate on how long it'll take yet.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 30 March 19 at 00:19
    Alright so I'm at station 10 (basically floor 10 of the dungeon). From what I can tell there is 5 chapters and I'm in chapter 3 so I'm about halfway through the game. Hoping to have the first playthrough done by mid-week next week and then have the 2nd playthrough done within a week of that (since it should be much faster). I'd say I'm aiming for mid-April to have it submitted.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
    Posted on 13 April 19 at 21:38, Edited on 13 April 19 at 21:45 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Got into an accident (hit and run, yeehaw). They totaled my car so I've been dealing with that but should have a new car soon so I'll have more time for games. Finding a new car when your rental is only for 5 days is a pain in the ass. Sadly it seems this game is quite glitched. RadicalSniper99 and I have been comparing lists to try and find everything. Our enchantment lists are identical but I got the achievement and he did not. The one he is missing isn't even in my enchantment list, even though I'm sure I got it. We're also missing some recipes, and I can't fathom what they could be. I've got every material drop from enemies and I've checked every harvest point in the dungeon and I'm still missing 2-3 recipes. The puzzle achievement also glitched on me (not him) so this game is, at best, an incredibly glitchy completion, and at worst impossible to complete.

I get the feeling the guy who did complete it could only do so because he got everything but the glitched stuff pre-patch. The game requires 2 playthroughs, so I'm hoping the second playthrough will shed some lights on these issues, but I don't have much faith at this point. Hope I'm wrong though.
    Posted on 22 May 19 at 08:49
    Sorry for the long wait. I was waiting on a patch to do the second playthrough and finish the game and walkthrough, but the dev on discord has been giving me some form of "maybe next week" for more than a month now, so I'm just going to finish it. The good news is that I was able to find everything I was missing pooling information from forever livin and RadicalSniper99. The bad news is that we haven't found out why the latter didn't get the enchantment achievement and I did.

The patch is supposed to add the ability to do an "achievement check" when you go to the guild screen that should hopefully fix his issue, and that's why I wanted to wait for it, but eh. At this point who knows if it'll even come. The dev said they are having "technical issues" with the Xbox patch, whatever that means. The Xbox version has already been patched a few times so I'm not sure what it could be.
    Posted on 30 May 19 at 01:19
    Update : The second playthrough is taking longer than I expected since I am double checking everything, but it's been going smoothly. I'm up to Station 10 now (of 24). I expect to have the game done early next week, and then have the walkthrough done late next week.
    Posted on 05 June 19 at 03:04
    Update, hopefully the last one : I've completed the game and gotten all the achievements. All that's left is finishing up the walkthrough. I've still got a lot of work to do completing the maps and such, but I think I can still have it done this week, or very early next week. Not gonna post again until it's done.
    Posted on 19 June 19 at 21:38, Edited on 20 June 19 at 01:17 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Forgot that "next week" was my vacation, and I wasn't able to finish it before my vacation. Will have it done for sure this week though, as I'm fairly close. The good news is the patch finally came through (right after I finished the second playthrough, of course), and it appears to fix the achievement issue the overseer had with enchantments (edit : but not recipes!). It also removed the dumbass experience penalty for being overleveled, so that makes the game a little easier.
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,683,958
    Posted on 20 June 19 at 01:03
    I like that title..."The Overseer" laugh

I will confirm that the recipe issue is not fixed it appears. Although I have everything in the list provided by Slime, the recipes I built with the special items from bosses look to not count. While I could try to get lucky in the Wild Portals, it's likely too inconsistent to be worthwhile. I'll likely just go for the recipe achievement on my second playthrough at this point.
    Posted on 20 June 19 at 01:17, Edited on 20 June 19 at 01:18 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    RadicalSniper99 said:
    I like that title...{#}The Overseer{#} laugh

I will confirm that the recipe issue is not fixed it appears. Although I have everything in the list provided by Slime, the recipes I built with the special items from bosses look to not count. While I could try to get lucky in the Wild Portals, it's likely too inconsistent to be worthwhile. I'll likely just go for the recipe achievement on my second playthrough at this point.
    Yeah if you buy the one-time recipes you're fucked, you have to get the material again. I tested this out before I got the achievement, when I was short one recipe I made one of the boss items and then got the last recipe, it didn't unlock. When I reloaded my save and didn't buy the boss item beforehand, it unlocked. It appears the achievement only counts a recipe as unlocked if it's currently available for purchase...from what I gather this isn't something the devs consider a bug. Wild portals are your only option, or a second playthrough. The wild portals can be a "boss" battle of one yokai, 2 yokai, or one of the actual bosses of the region, essentially giving you a 25% chance of facing the boss you need. There was a bug that stopped some bosses from appearing that was supposedly fixed, so you might be fucked regardless. Which reminds me, I gotta test the wild portals out to find out if the boss stuff is truly missable.
    Posted on 12 July 19 at 01:49
    I haven't forgotten about this. I've been running through the wild portals dozens of times to try and confirm whether the boss recipes are truly missable, and after many, many boring and tedious runs, I haven't found about half of the bosses, so I can only conclude that the recipes are in fact permanently missable if you use up the boss materials. I found some mentions of this problem on discord and such, with the devs saying they would take a look, but no confirmation of a fix, so I assume it's still a problem. Considering how much of a struggle they had with the most recent patch, I'm just going to assume it'll be like this forever. I'm going to finish up the walkthrough this week and finally be done with this game.
    Posted on 24 July 19 at 09:36
    Alright. That took so much longer than I expected. Quite a bit of random shit got in the way, and an awful lot of procrastination. Anyway, it's finally submitted. It was done piecemeal over months. I've gone through everything I can think of to make sure it's as clean as possible, but if you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to ask here.
  • RadicalSniper99RadicalSniper992,683,958
    Posted on 29 July 19 at 19:34
    I've been going through the pages reviewing and making small edits. It looks really good though. Well worth the wait. I can say as someone who has spent nearly the same amount of time on this game as Slime, it really is turning out well. Hope to have it done before the end of this week.
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta2,861,319
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 08:59
    I appreciate that this is done regardless of how long it has taken, I like this game but would prefer to enjoy the gameplay whilst also knowing that I'm moving forward without crippling myself with my poor decisions.
    GI Flagging Manager
  • Information
  • Mike MarcelaisMike Marcelais1,259,227
    Posted on 24 November 20 at 23:28
    Stupid Item Recipe thing. I spent hours scouring the dungeon for the item I missed, convinced you left something off your list since it looked like I had everything you listed. Turned out to be the Orichalum needed for the Aegis Shield, which is on your list but somehow I couldn't see that it wasn't on mine. *sigh*

But I wanted to point out that I was able to get "all enchantments" without having the Astral Tome. I missed the tome because I was mostly following the maps and not the text and the entire section where the Tome is located is missing from your Station 24 map.

Overall, this was a really helpful guide. Especially the maps. Really nice.
    Posted on 26 November 20 at 09:57
    Radical and I had a hell of a time tracking everything down initially, I think the Astral Tome was one of the items that eluded us for quite some time (or maybe it was added in the patch? I forget). I included it in the text, but appear to have uploaded an older version of the map from before we found it. Interestingly, the correct version is in my archived folder, so I don't know how I missed that. I'll fix it real quick.

Odd you didn't need it for the achievement as I certainly did, I wonder if they patched it after I was done it and glitched it in the player's favor, or if it's just straight up glitched.
  • voymasavoymasa57,806
    Posted on 22 August 22 at 19:13, Edited on 22 August 22 at 19:21 by voymasa
    I would just like to add some notes regarding the carryover of the tokens. Tokens are "saved" to the gamewide pool when you complete the main story. I tested this on both the Xbox version and the Switch version, by doing the following:
    - purchased a total of 35 S-rank tokens during playthrough, and beat the game
    - started a new game and during character creation observed that I had 35 s-rank tokens available; did not complete character creation
    - loaded the save right before the final boss and spent the rest of my dinari on s-rank tokens, making the total 52, and saved the game
    - started a new game and during character creation observed that I had 35 s-rank tokens available; did not complete character creation
    - loaded the save with 52 tokens and beat the final boss
    - saved the post-boss file to another slot (as when I beat it originally)
    - started a new game and now have 52 s-rank tokens available

Summary:
    It appears the game "saves" the current tokens of each rank from the game when you defeat the final boss. I will have to test whether a previously saved game in another slot receives access to these tokens as well, and also whether a save file with a different amount of tokens (if possible) overwrites, or adds to, the pool of tokens.

*Update:
    I checked a different save file and the rank tokens all reflect the completed save file's amount. I would think that means that when you load or start a game, it pulls the data from a single location, and by extension if you load a save file that had more tokens, you will lose those tokens and have them replaced with the amount from the completed game.
    A quick additional note, any used tokens are subtracted from that pool, so if you start a new game and use them, or upgrade characters in a save file, your gamewide pool will be reduced.
    Voymasa
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads