Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

ID@Xbox Game Pass Stream Will Showcase Indie Games Coming to Xbox Game Pass

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 22 March 19 at 15:26
First episode available on March 26th

Please click here to read the story: ID@Xbox Game Pass Stream Will Showcase Indie Games Coming to Xbox Game Pass
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 22 March 19 at 15:28
As long as they don't create a separate Game Pass to include ID@Xbox titles only, we're good to go.
There is always a way.
dudecrazy108
dudecrazy108
Posted on 22 March 19 at 15:40
Maw N Paw said:
As long as they don't create a separate Game Pass to include ID@Xbox titles only, we're good to go.
Can't ever see that happening, the appeal for it being its own problem would be way too small for the general public.
www.apocalypticdemise.com
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 22 March 19 at 15:48
Prediction: “Generation Zero is coming to Game Pass today.”
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 22 March 19 at 16:35
All ID@Xbox titles should come to game pass.
Always number 2.
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 22 March 19 at 17:01
I'm really glad there's a place to showcase ID@Xbox games.
Whenever Inside Xbox or other announcements quickly name off some of the games and show quick clips with 1.5 seconds of gameplay before going to the next clip, I always want to see more of those smaller games that I wasn't aware about before that moment.

But when I first read the name I was like "a separate Game Pass for small games? Whyyyyy?" dance
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 22 March 19 at 17:35
Good stuff here, while a lot of the indie games are crap there are some that are just so good and nobody know about them. I hope this helps highlights the good ones gamepass offers.

Side note, I know everyone that works for TA does a lot with the little time they have but the ICYMI articles would be a great way for TA to highlight some indie titles as well.
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 22 March 19 at 18:06
Maw N Paw said:
The ID@Xbox market is not that huge.
And it would create too many spinoffs. A Sports pass, a Family Pass. A Race Pass. Etc etc.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 22 March 19 at 18:16
TinSigmund666 said:
Maw N Paw said:
And it would create too many spinoffs. A Sports pass, a Family Pass. A Race Pass. Etc etc.
There already is a sports pass, it's called EA access
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 22 March 19 at 18:17
Afterparty! Thats awesome if its coming straight to gamepass! Thats the guys that did Oxenfree! Cant wait, feels like the game has been kinda silent for awhile.
Matthew
SneezeSomeMilk
Posted on 22 March 19 at 18:49
TinSigmund666 said:
According to TA half of the released Xbox One game are ID@XBOX titles.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 22 March 19 at 19:38
TheMaize said:
TinSigmund666 said:
Maw N Paw said:
There already is a sports pass, it's called EA access
LOL true tho
There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
TinSigmund666
TinSigmund666
Posted on 22 March 19 at 20:25
SneezeSomeMilk said:
TinSigmund666 said:

Not that huge as in there is not enough interest to justify a seperate pass just for those games. It would mean there would be other passes to get along with and out of splitting those you would have to scrap those that are not that popular.......
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 22 March 19 at 20:32
TinSigmund666 said:
SneezeSomeMilk said:
TinSigmund666 said:

Not that huge as in there is not enough interest to justify a seperate pass just for those games. It would mean there would be other passes to get along with and out of splitting those you would have to scrap those that are not that popular.......
Ye you need to compare the Nr. of unique owners.

And a Pass race, ill think ill pass on that race laugh
There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
DeceptiveTen
DeceptiveTen
Posted on 22 March 19 at 21:34
I'm surprised It's on YouTube and not Mixer
deceptiveten
NateDawgSn1per
Posted on 23 March 19 at 00:15
I’ve really begun to enjoy indie games more and more. So anything that’ll make more of them available to me on my Xbox One I’m happy about :)
NateDawgSn1per
Major Bones
Major Bones
Posted on 23 March 19 at 15:00, Edited on 23 March 19 at 15:04 by Major Bones
SneezeSomeMilk said:
TinSigmund666 said:

Quantity does not replace quality. I personally feel like ID@xbox has Taken something away from the Xbox experience. Remember when they would have summer of arcade and we would get a bunch of high quality games that people were actually excited to play. That’s essentially been replaced with shovel ware garbage that nobody really cares that much about. “Oh look, another NEO GEO game came out, can’t wait for that” said virtually no one ever. In the past we would get Castle Crashers, Turtles in time, magic the gathering, castlevania, among others. Those were high quality games that people actually wanted to play.

Then they go and make these new games worth 1000 gamerscore, because all games deserve 1000 gamerscore. The problem with that is these ID@xbox “games” barely qualify as games. People, especially in this site, only play them for the s ore and then move onto the next awesome experience that ID@xbox can offer you....

I am sure there are some diamonds in the rough and people will most definitely point those out, but your missing the point. When they throw so much rubbish games at us, it takes away from the attention that the actual quality games that come out deserve.

Just the opinion of somebody who tried a few ID@xbox games and would like Microsoft to draw more attention to the higher quality games.
Major Bones
Evil Kenivl
Evil Kenivl
Posted on 24 March 19 at 18:28
^
This!
Gaming since 1990!
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 24 March 19 at 23:15
Major Bones said:
SneezeSomeMilk said:
TinSigmund666 said:

Quantity does not replace quality. I personally feel like ID@xbox has Taken something away from the Xbox experience. Remember when they would have summer of arcade and we would get a bunch of high quality games that people were actually excited to play. That’s essentially been replaced with shovel ware garbage that nobody really cares that much about. “Oh look, another NEO GEO game came out, can’t wait for that” said virtually no one ever. In the past we would get Castle Crashers, Turtles in time, magic the gathering, castlevania, among others. Those were high quality games that people actually wanted to play.

Then they go and make these new games worth 1000 gamerscore, because all games deserve 1000 gamerscore. The problem with that is these ID@xbox “games” barely qualify as games. People, especially in this site, only play them for the s ore and then move onto the next awesome experience that ID@xbox can offer you....

I am sure there are some diamonds in the rough and people will most definitely point those out, but your missing the point. When they throw so much rubbish games at us, it takes away from the attention that the actual quality games that come out deserve.

Just the opinion of somebody who tried a few ID@xbox games and would like Microsoft to draw more attention to the higher quality games.
There aren't that many ID games that give easy completions, at least not to the point of being filled with them. Most ID games are actually really hard to 1000G, at least if the ratio is anything to go by.
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 24 March 19 at 23:56
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
Prediction: “Generation Zero is coming to Game Pass today.”
I totally agree!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.