Game Discussion: ACA NEOGEO BASEBALL STARS 2

Hard to play

• LukeMcC1991LukeMcC1991448,539
    Posted on 22 March 19 at 23:09
    Is it just me or is this game really hard to play? I can’t get anything going against the computer
  • Matt DB87Matt DB871,886,376
    Posted on 01 April 19 at 22:50
    figure it out?
    https://www.paypal.me/mattdb87
  • LukeMcC1991LukeMcC1991448,539
    Posted on 06 April 19 at 04:46
    Nah, can you offer up any tips?
  • DDevDDev474,472
    Posted on 16 October 19 at 14:35
    Just got this game and can agree it's difficult to time the hit. If I hit it perfect, the AI just catch it with ease or I scuff it and it goes into the crowd for a foul.

Also does anyone know what triggers posting a score in arcade mode achievement?
    Gears player since 06'
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt3,462,219
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 14:27
    DDev said:
    Also does anyone know what triggers posting a score in arcade mode achievement?
    to get the high score to post, you need to completely play the first match through (all 9 innings)
    once the second match started, i let the timer run out and both high score set and online posting achievements unlocked
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
  • KedrixKedrix302,891
    Posted on 21 October 19 at 11:45
    Yeah, that arcade mode was a bit of a pain, but no worries. My problem is really with the hi-score mode. Geezus, I cannot get anything going at all and I blew through caravan mode. I know it has do with the power up, but it's not that simple either since you only have 5, and you need 6 runs in a 4 inning span. It's just too much.

However, in screwing around a lot with arcade mode last night, I did find if you can get lucky with a pitcher that throws wildly it might be the key to this achievement. In the game I posted for arcade mode, I must have been hit about half a dozen times. And anybody who has played this game in the past knows that HBPs can lead to fights which seriously weaken the pitcher. So it might be a matter of crowding the plate a bit, getting a little bit of luck and then using your power up for 3-run or grand slam home run. That should take some of the pressure off of scoring 6 freaking runs.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • KedrixKedrix302,891
    Posted on 23 October 19 at 13:43, Edited on 23 October 19 at 13:46 by Kedrix
    Alright, I ended up getting the high score achievements on late Sunday night. Basically it involves a lot of strategy and then a little luck as mentioned. Pick the first team, don't even mess around with the others. When it comes to teams to go against, I've found that the second or third team are the best ones for what I'm about to explain.

1. Crowd the plate, it doesn't have to be every pitch but if the pitcher moves over to your side, then make it as tight as possible. You are aiming for HBP's (Hits by Pitcher) when that occurs. By doing this, it will also sometimes trigger a fight which will weaken the pitcher. This in turn will make it easier to hit the ball.

2. Work the pitch count. I can't say this enough. It will take a few games to know what to look for. But by doing so, you are weakening the pitcher. Don't be afraid to take a first pitch strike. Sure, they might change the pitcher but you'll have time to get some well placed hits and of course the almighty homer. And the second, third, and fourth pitchers act as relievers and don't have nearly as much stamina as the first pitcher.

3. Don't be afraid to use the pinch hitters in place of weak position players. Your leadoff hitter is good, but feel free to dump the second hitter. (Don't even think of touching the 3rd thru 5th hitters) The 6th hitter is also a good person to dump.

4. Power Ups, you have 5 of them. Use them wisely. Don't waste them if nobody is on base and reserve them for the big hitters unless you are really close to your 6 runs.

5. Finally, if you don't get out of the first inning with at least a couple of runs, then just re-start. Sometimes things just won't go your way and a hot start is usually best.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 December 19 at 16:30, Edited on 18 December 19 at 18:18 by
    I managed to get 7 points in Hi-Score mode, but I didn't get any of the achievements. What the hell?

EDIT: Nevermind, got them all on my 2nd successful game.
  • Was I That BadWas I That Bad1,617,940
    Posted on 19 April 23 at 10:23
    Just got this, was struggling a lot to get the 6 points in high score. I would advise not quitting out if you have a bad start. I was hitting home runs for fun in the 3rd and 4th innings as the pitchers get tired the balls are much easier to hit and it’s where I picked up most of my points.
    Was I That Bad yep you're right. one of them deiced to unlock some achievements last minute. great team mates.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads