Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlefield V Firestorm Available Now, Future Content Detailed

AuthorMessage
Visions of Gore
Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:15
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
NoHeroes94 said:
How easy is Death from Above to boost? Its that putting me off getting BFV!
laugh If I only played games that I knew for a fact I could get every achievement in, and I wrote off all of the others, I would jump into oncoming traffic because I would lose my will to live. Play more, worry less. Just earn what you want. Who wants to be perfect anyway?toast
Some ppl prefer to have a high completion percentage. Some ppl don't care. Nobody is the same, all different shapes, sizes, personalities, emotions, etc. Just because you don't care as much about completions doesn't mean everyone should conform to your preference. Keep an open mind of others.
I always post a comment like that EVERY TIME I see somebody post that they won't play a game because they can't get ONE achievement. Most people (including you) have at least a couple games not finished on their tag. So if your completion % is not 100%, I don't understand the logic in not playing a game that you (hypothetically) can't 100%. I am not trying to convert you to my religion. I do care about completions, just not enough to not play a game. If it's beyond my skillset, then oh well.

Even if you do have EVERY achievement on EVERY game, don't you think that MAYBE, one day there will come a title update with a glitched achievement, or one with outlandish requirements that you won't want to earn?

I guess really I just want someone to explain why it's so important to them. compute
tjw CENA2000
tjw CENA2000
Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:35
"Limited time duo's" soo, they making duo's a limited time only event? Pretty shitty if it is
jasonlc3221
jasonlc3221
Posted on 26 March 19 at 01:58, Edited on 26 March 19 at 02:00 by jasonlc3221
Visions of Gore said:
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
NoHeroes94 said:
laugh If I only played games that I knew for a fact I could get every achievement in, and I wrote off all of the others, I would jump into oncoming traffic because I would lose my will to live. Play more, worry less. Just earn what you want. Who wants to be perfect anyway?toast
Some ppl prefer to have a high completion percentage. Some ppl don't care. Nobody is the same, all different shapes, sizes, personalities, emotions, etc. Just because you don't care as much about completions doesn't mean everyone should conform to your preference. Keep an open mind of others.
I always post a comment like that EVERY TIME I see somebody post that they won't play a game because they can't get ONE achievement. Most people (including you) have at least a couple games not finished on their tag. So if your completion % is not 100%, I don't understand the logic in not playing a game that you (hypothetically) can't 100%. I am not trying to convert you to my religion. I do care about completions, just not enough to not play a game. If it's beyond my skillset, then oh well.

Even if you do have EVERY achievement on EVERY game, don't you think that MAYBE, one day there will come a title update with a glitched achievement, or one with outlandish requirements that you won't want to earn?

I guess really I just want someone to explain why it's so important to them. compute
Three letters: OCD.

I've made my peace with the fact that there are unobtainables/discontinued achievements I can't get. But the last time it happened to me was on the Xbox 360. I purposely avoid them when I can and have done so very well on the Xbox One.

Again, everyone has their own reasons for how they play/why they play/what they play. Just let 'em be. You do you. I'm gonna do me.
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 26 March 19 at 02:25
Visions of Gore said:
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
NoHeroes94 said:

Not to mention that ONE achievement has a requirement of like 5 which is nothing, and having all but ONE achievement is still a great completion percentage. Bottom line it's not hard at all to get in normal gameplay or even boosting it with a friend.
AussieBigfoot
AussieBigfoot
Posted on 26 March 19 at 03:28
tjw CENA2000 said:
{#}Limited time duo's{#} soo, they making duo's a limited time only event? Pretty shitty if it is
It's like Rush mode, which is also listed as being for a limited time, despite it being a core game mode in previous BFs!
Slim Haley
Slim Haley
Posted on 26 March 19 at 07:59
NoHeroes94 said:
It wasnt as hard as it sounds. Myself I dont like to fly or know how to fly. It took me and a friend 2 games and I missed a lot lol. The only problem was when the enemy team was shooting me down with their planes. My friend who is a good flyer managed to get the achievement on his own without boosting in one day lol
Visions of Gore
Posted on 26 March 19 at 13:52
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
NoHeroes94 said:

I've made my peace with the fact that there are unobtainables/discontinued achievements I can't get. But the last time it happened to me was on the Xbox 360. I purposely avoid them when I can and have done so very well on the Xbox One.

Again, everyone has their own reasons for how they play/why they play/what they play. Just let 'em be. You do you. I'm gonna do me.
Once again, this is where my confusion occurs. Since you can never achieve 100% on your tag, and you're OCD about 100%, how does that not kill your compulsion? Do you just pretend those uncompleted games don't exist? Does it only matter on Xbox One games?

To be clear, I only want an explanation of why 100% matters to those who can never achieve COMPLETELY 100%. I get it if you have completed EVERY SINGLE game, but if not, I'm lost. Of coarse, you don't owe me an explanation, I'm just curious is all. Plus, I should apologize. I'm sorry for pushing my way of playing. I think people should play any game that looks fun to them, but that is my opinion and people have a right to play what they want for the reason they want, and skip games they want for the reason they want. So yes, I'll do me, and you do you.

But I'll give a cookie to who can answer my question......
ShadyShall
ShadyShall
Posted on 26 March 19 at 18:41, Edited on 26 March 19 at 18:41 by ShadyShall
Visions of Gore said:
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
jasonlc3221 said:
Visions of Gore said:
NoHeroes94 said:

Once again, this is where my confusion occurs. Since you can never achieve 100% on your tag, and you're OCD about 100%, how does that not kill your compulsion? Do you just pretend those uncompleted games don't exist? Does it only matter on Xbox One games?

To be clear, I only want an explanation of why 100% matters to those who can never achieve COMPLETELY 100%. I get it if you have completed EVERY SINGLE game, but if not, I'm lost. Of coarse, you don't owe me an explanation, I'm just curious is all. Plus, I should apologize. I'm sorry for pushing my way of playing. I think people should play any game that looks fun to them, but that is my opinion and people have a right to play what they want for the reason they want, and skip games they want for the reason they want. So yes, I'll do me, and you do you.

But I'll give a cookie to who can answer my question......
It's all "personal preference". that is the best answer you will get in a general sense. anything else is specific to that person. i.e. for me, being a completionist makes/forces me play only games i have a true desire to play (there are a few exceptions in my history). i play through, complete and experience the game to the fullest. so, i pick and choose which ones to go in on, because i go all in. it keeps my gaming focused and my spending low. it gives me something to 'achieve'...

back on topic: I am thrilled there are no achievements for Firestorm. Been waiting to start this until this game mode came out. will finally dive into BFV in the next month or so...
[url=http://www.trueachievements.com/ShadyShall.htm][img]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/ShadyShall.png[/img][/url]
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 27 March 19 at 13:09
Tried it, it's pretty good, better than I expected but i'm not playing much atm other than BDO so it won't get the attention it deserves :P
Old Beann
Old Beann
Posted on 28 March 19 at 20:09
Does this mode help contribute to any of the achievements relating to level and classes?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.