Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Achievement List Revealed

• oMikeoMike959,578
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:12
    Sounds like a rip off of Overcooked
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205377,019
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:16
    oMike said:
    Entirely different type of game. You're essentially the owner and only chef at a restaurant where you take people's orders and make the food based on a button combination. You have to be super quick with it because the patrons get angry if you take too long. As you progress, you can move to better restaurants, buy more recipes, buy more equipment for your kitchen, etc. I highly recommend checking out a gameplay video.

The first one became one of my most played games the year it released on PC and bought the second one the day it came out because of that. It's a lot of fun, but you have to have the patience to learn the button combinations through practice or it's going to get super frustrating when you mess up all of your orders.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,120,524
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:25
    Sounds like/reminds me of Overcooked. Definitely going to give this a look for a sure!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,834
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:35
    Wonder how this transitions to controller based controls
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl1,032,880
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:37
    And Overcooked was like Diner Dash. I don't think anyone had the food service game genre copywritten just like no one owns the BR genre.
  • Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:38
    Nighthawk205 said:
    oMike said:
    Entirely different type of game. You're essentially the owner and only chef at a restaurant where you take people's orders and make the food based on a button combination. You have to be super quick with it because the patrons get angry if you take too long. As you progress, you can move to better restaurants, buy more recipes, buy more equipment for your kitchen, etc. I highly recommend checking out a gameplay video.

The first one became one of my most played games the year it released on PC and bought the second one the day it came out because of that. It's a lot of fun, but you have to have the patience to learn the button combinations through practice or it's going to get super frustrating when you mess up all of your orders.
    Sounds like a more complex Diner Dash.
  • Posted on 26 March 19 at 00:56
    Oh nice, didn't realize that this was coming to Xbox. Always wanted to grab these games on Steam, but never got around to it.

Spilner said:
    Wonder how this transitions to controller based controls
    I saw someone in Twitch play the first game with an Xbox controller. Looks like it works pretty well.
  • TurtzerkerTurtzerker546,266
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 01:20
    oMike said:
    Big oof.

The original Cook Serve Delicious came out in 2012, an entire 4 years before Overcooked, lol.
  • planting42planting422,095,987
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 01:51, Edited on 26 March 19 at 01:52 by planting42
    This was a blast on PC, wonder how well it translates to Xbox. It's actually very different to Overcooked.

Don't forget to clean the bathrooms!
  • KrazieKrazie4,112,789
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 01:53, Edited on 26 March 19 at 01:54 by Krazie
    Turtzerker said:
    oMike said:
    Big oof.

The original Cook Serve Delicious came out in 2012, an entire 4 years before Overcooked, lol.
    I've noticed more and more lately that TA is completely isolated and games never existed until they appear on Xbox. It's pretty hilarious each time. laugh
  • Posted on 26 March 19 at 02:04
    oMike said:
    I actually wouldn’t mind if it was an Overcooked rip-off as there just aren’t a lot of local co-op games for a video game challenged partner (like non-gamer gf/wifey).
    But I don’t think this game is that.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,834
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 02:09
    Hmm the store page has a trailer, controls seem to pass over well
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • TurtzerkerTurtzerker546,266
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 02:12
    Krazie said:
    Turtzerker said:
    oMike said:
    Big oof.

I've noticed more and more lately that TA is completely isolated and games never existed until they appear on Xbox. It's pretty hilarious each time. laugh
    I know right? There's even probably some people out there that think FF7 is being released for the first time in just a few hours.
  • KrazieKrazie4,112,789
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 02:21, Edited on 26 March 19 at 02:23 by Krazie
    Turtzerker said:
    Krazie said:
    Turtzerker said:
    oMike said:
    Big oof.

I know right? There's even probably some people out there that think FF7 is being released for the first time in just a few hours.
    "That's weird. Why would FF7 come out after FF15?! And the graphics aren't as good, must be some indie trash! Should be free or on Game Pass!"
  • CubivoreCubivore528,495
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 05:36
    The first Cook. Serve. Delicious! absolutely ruled, however it was insanely hard to get all the Steam achievements. This list doesn't look too dissimilar, so I am willing to be this will also be a crazy hard completion, especially playing with a controller instead of a keyboard.
  • Posted on 26 March 19 at 11:47
    i dnt care if it was a rip off. love overcooked, had no idea this was even coming. SOLD
    budah
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,103,371
    Posted on 26 March 19 at 12:31, Edited on 26 March 19 at 12:43 by Legohead 1977
    Krazie said:
    Turtzerker said:
    oMike said:
    Big oof.

It's not TA, it's the same the world over, a person only knows what they have come in contact with. My better half is constantly surprised that various versions of songs she likes are actually cover versions, haven't got quite as far as belittling her for it! laugh

It's also the reason I try to research something before I claim there is a rip off in the making!

Sounds a bit like a mobile phone game I played briefly...but I'm not sure I know the name. Despite not being Overcooked, which is one of the best compliments I could pay a game, I will have to check out some footage.

Well, after a quick bit of research it looks like a complex version of that mobile game I can't remember the name of, if the achievements are too grindy I don't think this will be for me...now if it was Overcooked, that would be a different story!
    Legohead 1977
  • segagamersegagamer669,169 669,169 GamerScore
    Posted on 06 August 19 at 21:55
    Some of the achievements have an extremely high ratio. Going by the trailer, it doesn't seem like this game is very difficult it you're familiar with the Xbox controller layout... Is the game actually that difficult or is it like Bokusaka Wars where the game just isn't that enjoyable?
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta2,861,233
    Posted on 07 August 19 at 04:00
    segagamer said:
    Some of the achievements have an extremely high ratio. Going by the trailer, it doesn't seem like this game is very difficult it you're familiar with the Xbox controller layout... Is the game actually that difficult or is it like Bokusaka Wars where the game just isn't that enjoyable?
    It's quite easy to get flustered when the number of orders is quite large and certain foods are more difficult to make than others. There may be some trick I haven't discovered yet but I certainly took more than a few attempts to get golds in some shifts. I don't know if it would be my hardest completion (if I ever get there) but it's likely to be up there.
    GI Flagging Manager
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads