Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 26 March 19 at 13:18
Please use this thread to discuss the Final Fantasy VII walkthrough
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 26 March 19 at 16:51
Howdy, I'll be writing the walkthrough for this game. Some have expressed concern about this walkthrough since I've not yet played through the game before, but rest assured that the walkthrough will turn out completely fine. Besides, if I do need major help, it seems a lot of you have a lot of experience with the game. I consider my position to be good for new players, as I will not gloss over information that someone who knows the game may expect the reader to just know for some reason.

Some have said that this walkthrough could just port the trophy guide(s) over, but the TT walkthrough was never finished. The walkthrough on TSA is a massive wall of text without separation, which is also unfavorable. I intend to write a walkthrough that appeals anyone with continuing doubt in my ability. I have infiltrated quite a few games for the first time by starting with writing a walkthrough for it,

As for the walkthrough itself, I do not intend to make people depend on the cheats so easily given to us. I don't want to breeze through the game and as such will not be using them myself. I am aware of the game's missable achievements and have noted them down for myself for later implementation, so thank you to whoever it was in the achievement reveal thread who brought this up. I will be working on this at a somewhat slow pace until I get out of uni for the year (partially due to other responsibilities as well) and I expect the WT to be done sometime during the summer.

I would appreciate any and all concerns, questions, or advice you feel like giving, which you can do in this thread instead of messaging me directly. I plan on giving progress reports every once in a while.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 01 April 19 at 02:54
Anyone following this thread mind giving me a list of things I should be looking out for when writing the walkthrough, like ribbons and materia locations? I'm not asking for the locations, but things like the ribbons/materia that I should be including in the walkthrough. Also, is the game playable after you beat the story? Is there a point of no return? How long is the game if you're not using the 3x speed? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
Low Faith
Low Faith
Posted on 05 April 19 at 07:59
Did this over the past few days. You can't save after defeating last boss, it sends you back to last save. I think the point of no return is entering the green glowing crater deep in the last area, but i'm not sure. I think it would be good to streamline, and bypass unneeded side quests etc. Just my own opinion. Feel free to ask me some questions if you want.
Sambaweb
Sambaweb
Posted on 05 April 19 at 16:52, Edited on 05 April 19 at 16:53 by Sambaweb
THIS is the points of no return

https://abload.de/img/sambaweb_finalfantasy9kjl0.png

The point of no return can be reached between 30-60 Hrs of gameplay. With no cheats. With cheats around 10-15 hrs
(Where am i)000ooo...
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 05 April 19 at 17:12, Edited on 05 April 19 at 17:13 by IronInfidel47
Thanks for the heads up on the point of no return, both of you. I didn't think of streamlining the walkthrough, as I don't usually tend to do that, but I'm going to consider it if there's a ton of stuff in this game.

From what I've played so far, is there a point where you get to free roam? I've only seen up to the second reactor thing and am assuming that whatever content was on Disc 1 in the past is more story-railroad-y.
Sambaweb
Sambaweb
Posted on 05 April 19 at 17:47
A first free roam part is as soon as you get the Highwind on Disc 2. But after some serious story stuff happens at the north crater on Disc 3 makes the game 100% free roam.

With the Buggy, the Tiny Bronco and the Submarine there are only some parts of the game accessible.

Feel free to ask anything you need via PM buddy
(Where am i)000ooo...
Paine
Paine
Posted on 15 May 19 at 02:05
So, is this still being made or...?
JB
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 15 May 19 at 02:28
Paine said:
So, is this still being made or...?
Yep, I'm just dealing with the end of the school semester so I haven't had a lot of time to do a whole lot recently.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 21 May 19 at 09:52
Got home from college yesterday and played FF7 pretty much all day today. I'm almost done with Disc 1, and will be pushing a preview link to this thread once Disc 1 has been fully written up.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 22 May 19 at 08:28
More work has been done today. I'm about to hit up the Temple of the Ancients and am at Lv46 with Cloud, which after a quick search I've found to be absurdly overleveled. I've written these important things so far, along with the main story of course (in no particular order):

1. Getting Don Corneo to choose Cloud (and to save beforehand just in case)
2. Setting up the Barret date
3. Aeris's fourth limit break move
4. Yuffie's little escapade and getting her fourth limit break move afterwards
5. Red XIII's fourth limit break move
6. Getting Vincent
7. Cait Sith's last limit break move (easy)

I'm hoping to finish Disc 1 tomorrow. I thought I was almost done with it yesterday, but I guess not. I dunno how much is left so I can't give an estimate as to when I'll be done, but I think I'm looking forward to finishing this as much as you guys are waiting for the walkthrough.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 23 May 19 at 00:49
Here's the preview link. This post is going to be my update for the day, as everything I've done is now in the link.

https://www.trueachievements.com/walkthrough/walkthroughprev...

Please let me know any feedback you're willing to provide by posting it here, not in a PM.
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 28 May 19 at 08:02
Well, I got impatient and beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon at Lv75 with cheats, so I've added info on how to do the bare minimum before going into those fights.

All I personally have to do before I'm done with the game is turn in the two items I got for the Knights of the Round Materia and the Master Summon Materia, then grind out about 19 more All Materia, then hit Lv99 with Cloud before beating the game. I don't expect that to take more than a week, so I'm going to assume I'll be done with the walkthrough by next Sunday.
angelsk
angelsk
Posted on 09 June 19 at 10:49
What would be really helpful would be to specify what the missable achievements are - and what to look out for at the start of the walkthrough. Rather than having to scroll through the entire walkthrough and maybe miss something.

Thanks
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 09 June 19 at 15:32
I’ll put that in the overview
Information Posted on 14 June 19 at 15:29
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 14 June 19 at 16:45
Awesome walkthrough, thank you!

I love the separation of the story broken down into chapters that you feel fit well, and within those pages the large bold text denoting each area / part.

Well written, informative, and very well laid out.
"I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:16
Does this walkthrough cover everything we can get on the game (i.e. the 100% completion) or do I have to look somewhere else?
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 14 June 19 at 18:46
SweetArkhane said:
Does this walkthrough cover everything we can get on the game (i.e. the 100% completion) or do I have to look somewhere else?
What defines 100%? I've seen some places call "getting 99 of every item" 100%, and I'm not sure what else there is to do aside from what you do for achievements.
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 15 June 19 at 08:13
IronInfidel47 said:
SweetArkhane said:
What defines 100%? I've seen some places call "getting 99 of every item" 100%, and I'm not sure what else there is to do aside from what you do for achievements.
I was talking about side quests, optional bosses, every materia, stuff like that?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.