Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Final Fantasy VII Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
397,282
IronInfidel47
Posted on 15 June 19 at 09:04
SweetArkhane said:
IronInfidel47 said:
SweetArkhane said:
Does this walkthrough cover everything we can get on the game (i.e. the 100% completion) or do I have to look somewhere else?
What defines 100%? I've seen some places call "getting 99 of every item" 100%, and I'm not sure what else there is to do aside from what you do for achievements.
I was talking about side quests, optional bosses, every materia, stuff like that?
Optional bosses like the Weapons are mandatoty for achievements, I'm not sure what counts as a side quest since nothing is specifically called a quest, and getting every Materia sounds like a huge pain (and unnecessary). You'll unfortunately have to go somewhere else for Materia, but can you elaborate on what you mean by side quests? You can also just see the WT to see what's there.
SweetArkhane
546,648
SweetArkhane
Posted on 15 June 19 at 09:16
Oh ok, played it a while ago (more than 10 years), so I don't remember everything. Stuff like that I guess :
https://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-VII/Side-Quests/
http://www.ffmages.com/final-fantasy-vii/side-quests/
https://screenrant.com/final-fantasy-7-hidden-quest-best-com...

Well, don't worry, I'll use two guides, yours and another one^^
IronInfidel47
397,282
IronInfidel47
Posted on 15 June 19 at 09:51
SweetArkhane said:
Oh ok, played it a while ago (more than 10 years), so I don't remember everything. Stuff like that I guess :
https://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-VII/Side-Quests/
http://www.ffmages.com/final-fantasy-vii/side-quests/
https://screenrant.com/final-fantasy-7-hidden-quest-best-com...

Well, don't worry, I'll use two guides, yours and another one^^
I would say the walkthrough here has a majority of the stuff in the first link, if that gives you some perspective.
SweetArkhane
546,648
SweetArkhane
Posted on 15 June 19 at 18:31
IronInfidel47 said:
SweetArkhane said:
Oh ok, played it a while ago (more than 10 years), so I don't remember everything. Stuff like that I guess :
https://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-VII/Side-Quests/
http://www.ffmages.com/final-fantasy-vii/side-quests/
https://screenrant.com/final-fantasy-7-hidden-quest-best-com...

Well, don't worry, I'll use two guides, yours and another one^^
I would say the walkthrough here has a majority of the stuff in the first link, if that gives you some perspective.
Ok thanks (:
I'll see when I'll buy the game before it goes off sale.
That Guy086
476,350
That Guy086
Posted on 16 June 19 at 08:03
These walkthroughs are for all achievements, not 100% for the game.
SweetArkhane
546,648
SweetArkhane
Posted on 16 June 19 at 08:13
That Guy086 said:
These walkthroughs are for all achievements, not 100% for the game.
Some walkthroughs also cover things not needed for 1000g, so I just ask.
Dang3R Gaming
1,136,921
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 16 June 19 at 08:32
Some do, of course, all comes down to the writer's preference. Honestly, though it may be best to wait for walkthroughs to release here if you're waiting on them anyway and seeing if they cover everything you want if they don't then you can use them from an achievement perspective and scope out for guides that cover the sections not covered here.
SweetArkhane
546,648
SweetArkhane
Posted on 16 June 19 at 08:39
Dang3R Gaming said:
Some do, of course, all comes down to the writer's preference. Honestly, though it may be best to wait for walkthroughs to release here if you're waiting on them anyway and seeing if they cover everything you want if they don't then you can use them from an achievement perspective and scope out for guides that cover the sections not covered here.
That's what I do, but it's faster to ask beforehand than reading the whole thing. Especially for RPGs^^
IronInfidel47
397,282
IronInfidel47
Posted on 16 June 19 at 18:04
SweetArkhane said:
Dang3R Gaming said:
Some do, of course, all comes down to the writer's preference. Honestly, though it may be best to wait for walkthroughs to release here if you're waiting on them anyway and seeing if they cover everything you want if they don't then you can use them from an achievement perspective and scope out for guides that cover the sections not covered here.
That's what I do, but it's faster to ask beforehand than reading the whole thing. Especially for RPGs^^
I do generally go for extra info, but in this case it felt that everything people could have wanted was already required for achievements or was added in because it wasn't out of the way. Things like acquiring every Materia and whatnot felt to me like something a major, major fan of the game would do for a challenge run or something, so something like that would not have been worth it on a wider scale.

By the way, don't bother breeding chocobo because defeating one of the optional bosses (which you have to do for an achievement) rewards you with a gold chocobo, which you need for another achievement. The WT tells you a good time to buy out some chocobo stables and doesn't even mention breeding them since it's completely unnecessary and takes so much time.

That said, if there is a big demand for something like all of the Materia and the Enemy Skill Materia skills, I might add those in the future; I'm going to try to get into speedrunning the game at least a few times, so I'll still be playing it for a while. This is, after all, TA's walkthrough for the game, so having that info here would mean one less thing other sites have against it.
SweetArkhane
546,648
SweetArkhane
Posted on 16 June 19 at 20:30
Just bought it, will try it this month I think.
BeeLight13
56,200
BeeLight13
Posted on 11 September 19 at 22:15, Edited on 11 September 19 at 22:18 by BeeLight13
what happened to the other / old walkthrough? it was nicer to read. had pictures / colored info and had more info on the dating thing , the turtle newsletter and useful items.
http://ryuninadeis.blogspot.com/search/label/Final%20Fantasy...
the old one was more like this walkthrough.
Dang3R Gaming
1,136,921
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 11 September 19 at 22:53
BeeLight13 said:
what happened to the other / old walkthrough? it was nicer to read. had pictures / colored info and had more info on the dating thing , the turtle newsletter and useful items.
http://ryuninadeis.blogspot.com/search/label/Final%20Fantasy...
the old one was more like this walkthrough.
Not sure what you mean? This is the only walkthrough that has been on this site for the game, we never replaced any for the game since it was only started this year for the newer release of the game. Are you maybe thinking of one from a different site for the OG release perhaps?
BeeLight13
56,200
BeeLight13
Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:20
yeah there was because i was using it back in march for like a week or 2. i only use this site and the the xbox version. the xbox version has brief info on achievement walkthroughs. this one had more info so thats why i use it. i come back to finish the game and all the info was changed or some1 rewrote the walkthrough in what they think is better. and if your write and sense it was months ago i could have forgotten that the walkthrough was crap so i had to go look for another, but i dont think your write because i remember a lot of the walkthroughs info and it looked a lot like this site http://ryuninadeis.blogspot.com/search/label/Final%20Fantasy...
yet there is things this site is missing like detailed info on the dating thing.
RadicalSniper99
1,095,033
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:38
BeeLight13 said:
yeah there was because i was using it back in march for like a week or 2. i only use this site and the the xbox version. the xbox version has brief info on achievement walkthroughs. this one had more info so thats why i use it. i come back to finish the game and all the info was changed or some1 rewrote the walkthrough in what they think is better. and if your write and sense it was months ago i could have forgotten that the walkthrough was crap so i had to go look for another, but i dont think your write because i remember a lot of the walkthroughs info and it looked a lot like this site http://ryuninadeis.blogspot.com/search/label/Final%20Fantasy...
yet there is things this site is missing like detailed info on the dating thing.
Ok. I've looked at the edit history of this WT as well as the dates everything was originally set up and edits made. The game came out at the end of March and the majority of the edits came after March. Iron was the writer of this walkthrough from the start as well. Iron would not change their writing style out of nowhere to not have colors or images as you're describing. If there was something, it is possible Iron had a link to a WT/guide on a different site in his rough draft and then removed it as they wrote everything.

Either way, this magical walkthrough you're referring to does not exist within TA's system. It was likely one created on a completely different site and you've mis-remembered things.
Dang3R Gaming
1,136,921
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:42
I want to add to the above. I'm really not sure where you're thinking this was, maybe someone linked it in the games forums rather than on the thread for the walkthrough? I'm not sure. However, what you've linked. Nothing like it was written here. At all. Most users don't use coloured text as it's actually not a built-in function on the sites walkthrough editor, so very few manage or bother to use coloured text due to that.

The short, the walkthrough you were remembering was not here. It was either in the forums for the game or another site, so sorry that what you're looking for you can't find, but we basically focus on achievement walkthroughs. If writers want to write extra outside of what is needed for the achievements, that's their own choice, but we don't enforce it. If the dating stuff and detail that you remember seeing isn't needed for an achievement in the game, it was definitely never in the walkthrough here.
SoupaBuoy
357,864
SoupaBuoy
Posted on 12 September 19 at 16:53
As the others said - this is the only WT that has been here. But there were a few other links posted in the forums and above. Try:

https://jegged.com/Games/Final-Fantasy-VII/Walkthrough/
http://ps3imports.org/forum/index.php?/topic/7166-final-fant...
https://screenrant.com/final-fantasy-7-hidden-quest-best-com...
http://www.ffmages.com/final-fantasy-vii/side-quests/

If it's none of them, we don't know what to tell you sorry! Good luck finding it.
BeeLight13
56,200
BeeLight13
Posted on 13 September 19 at 16:52
ok well i guess we can debate about this forever. the WT may have been posted for a brief period of time and yall missed it. thats what prolly happened. but does it really matter anymore. the wt it has now is no good anyways.
SweetArkhane
546,648
SweetArkhane
Posted on 13 September 19 at 17:30
BeeLight13 said:
ok well i guess we can debate about this forever. the WT may have been posted for a brief period of time and yall missed it. thats what prolly happened. but does it really matter anymore. the wt it has now is no good anyways.
The man told you he looked at the edit history and you still think we are wrong?
Dang3R Gaming
1,136,921
Dang3R Gaming
Posted on 13 September 19 at 17:31
It really wasn't posted for a brief moment like that. We would know as the WT managers (and an overseer that responded to you) and remember it. There isn't a debate so please stop thinking that the wt was posted in the state you think it was.
IronInfidel47
397,282
IronInfidel47
Posted on 13 September 19 at 20:51
This walkthrough came out over the summer, I never use different-colored text, the newsletter is not important, and if I included any more information on the dating mechanic, it’d be how to choose someone else, which would distract from earning one of the longer missable achievements.

I’m not going to take offense to you calling this walkthrough crap for many reasons, but you should try to learn that your memory isn’t always going to be correct.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.