Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Forum

Best way to earn rainbow stars

AuthorMessage
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 26 March 19 at 14:32, Edited on 11 April 19 at 14:37 by tuhin94
What’s the most time-efficient method of earning rainbow stars? Need 200 for the chests containing those colored keys.

Edit: To be more specific, which event is best?

Edit 2: Got the achievement with the help of a generous friend a few days ago. For anyone wondering, Cats vs. Dinos is one of the best ways to earn rainbow stars. If you need a video guide, this one seemed quite good: https://youtu.be/q_XBG4LqxwA.
Kamera
Kamera
Posted on 26 March 19 at 14:58, Edited on 26 March 19 at 15:56 by Kamera
Doing the Portal events when they are live.

Edit: If you have high-ranked characters, doing boss hunts with a group on normal and grinding out rainbow stars is optimal. If you don't have high-ranked characters, the super mix modes where the crazy settings are fast movement or low health are good since games typical are faster than normal.
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 31 March 19 at 01:19
keep in mind you can only hold 50 stars at a time and only one key chest is available per event. so at most you can unlock one and save 50 for the next week
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 31 March 19 at 03:39
redjarman said:
keep in mind you can only hold 50 stars at a time
As of today I am holding 76/50 rainbow stars and had about 260/200 regular stars. Is this just a fortunate glitch, or can you really hold more than the maximum allotment?

Also, you earn rainbow stars ridiculously fast in Cats vs. Dinos. Play as much as you can for the next day until it's gone for who knows how long again.
Streets Ahead
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 02 April 19 at 03:42
fortunate glitch i guess, when I played the other day, it capped at 50 even after playing an extra round, and I couldn't trade regular stars for rainbow with the seagull.
Or have you purchased anything with real money? maybe they let it go past the cap so you don't get ripped off otherwise
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 08 April 19 at 23:16
tuhin94 said:
What’s the most time-efficient method of earning rainbow stars? Need 200 for the chests containing those colored keys.

Edit: to be more specific, which event is best?
The most time efficient method is to buy the cheap DLC that skips the whole process. wink
Posting from sunny Australia.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 11 April 19 at 00:33
What DLC do you mean? I've read the guide, but I can't actually find that DLC mentioned.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 11 April 19 at 00:36, Edited on 11 April 19 at 00:37 by EarthboundX
OK found it by using Google. Couldn't find it when I tried the store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/plants-vs-zombies-garden-w...

10 bucks is not what I'd consider "cheap" though. I was expecting under 4-5 bucks.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 11 April 19 at 00:47, Edited on 11 April 19 at 00:48 by Shinnizle
Pretty sure he means this one:
https://www.microsoft.com/p/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare...

Ninja'd
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 11 April 19 at 01:39
EarthboundX said:

10 bucks is not what I'd consider "cheap" though. I was expecting under 4-5 bucks.
Yeah, that's the one. I forgot I got it 50% off though since the DLC was on sale around the same time it went Games with Gold (there was a very helpful article here on TA that recommended it).

You also get 200 stars and 50 rainbow stars aswell as the gnome keys and the 2 achievement characters. I think I'd still pay $10 since I got the game for free anyway but it depends how much your time is worth to you.
Posting from sunny Australia.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 11 April 19 at 04:09
Lockie said:
EarthboundX said:

Yeah, that's the one. I forgot I got it 50% off though since the DLC was on sale around the same time it went Games with Gold (there was a very helpful article here on TA that recommended it).

You also get 200 stars and 50 rainbow stars aswell as the gnome keys and the 2 achievement characters. I think I'd still pay $10 since I got the game for free anyway but it depends how much your time is worth to you.
That just seems a bit rich for me, plus I don't wanna go down the path of paying to unlock achievements. I like the game quite a bit, so I'll just do that achievement the normal way.
BTZ Silence
BTZ Silence
Posted on 03 July 19 at 01:55
By the time I killed rainbow gnome I had 1.2m coins. I could then buy the packs of 30 rainbow stars to open the locked chest with the extra characters. Doesnt help get you the keys, but makes the 150 stars at the end easier
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.