Game Discussion: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Forum

DLC Disc Works On XBox One?

AuthorMessage
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 26 March 19 at 20:51
Well, since this game has now gone Backward Compatible on the XBox One, I was just curious to know if the Disc that contains the DLC for the game works on the XBox One Console and allows it to be imported, without purchasing it?

I personally have finished the game, but I've been asked by outsiders on TA, if this was to work, so I thought I'd ask here just in case. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a link to a Disc that contains the DLC to give you an idea. It's called the Legacy Edition...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfig...

Many Thanks
BlackHawkMarine
Posted on 26 March 19 at 23:43
Yeah great question I also have the legacy edition.
BlackHawkMarine
Posted on 27 March 19 at 04:35
I just tested it and the DLC disc just launches the game. Not sure how I am supposed to access the coop packs now...
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 27 March 19 at 20:23
BlackHawkMarine said:
I just tested it and the DLC disc just launches the game. Not sure how I am supposed to access the coop packs now...
Does it have anything in the "Ready To Install" section when you put those discs in?
BlackHawkMarine
Posted on 28 March 19 at 07:31
It does not
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 31 March 19 at 20:34
BlackHawkMarine said:
It does not
I guess it's safe to say we revealed the Disc cannot be used on the XBox One console. That's going to be a pain for anyone who doesn't own the DLC and doesn't own an XBox 360 anymore.
Dutch x Monster
Posted on 18 April 19 at 20:28
why would this be a pain a legacy copy of this game costs 1 euro here locally and 50p in the uk if you got an xbox 360 this easily boostable
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 19 April 19 at 08:53
Dutch x Monster said:
why would this be a pain a legacy copy of this game costs 1 euro here locally and 50p in the uk if you got an xbox 360 this easily boostable
The issue is that the disc does not work on the XBox One console and the game is Backward Compatible. Chances are, people would like to use this disc on the XBox One console, so that they do not have to buy the DLC from the store. But the disc so far only works on an XBox 360 console. Some people (well, not me) don't have an XBox 360 anymore and I believe, they would have liked to have this disc to work with reasons as said above.

You have other games that have a similar disc, but they work on the XBox One console. For instance the XBox 360 Game Of The Year Edition of Borderlands has a DLC Disc and that works fine. So there shouldn't be any rhyme or reason, this DLC disc for this game shouldn't work.
Dutch x Monster
Posted on 20 May 19 at 15:53
True but really mate people are completionists on this site, so they will grab a legacy copy since its one cheaper then the digital dlc and secondly most hardcore boosters have atleast 2 360s if not more. I double boxed the main game it took me like 2 hrs to complete all but the enforcer and the 1 hour defence the enforcer achievement i will get today and i have a session later this week for the defence so thats base game done without much help from outside. I will do the dlc coop achievements too double boxed since you only need one copy of the legacy to spread the dlc to all your boxes. Anyhow yeah i know about that the dlc disks from many games do work on x1 but the dlc disk from fable does not which is also annoying. Imo they should make all dlcs a few euros each since not many people are buying old dlc foe games since communities are more then often dead. Thou i found a random yesterday when boosting import tuner challange a race game from 2006 xd. If you do happen to have a copy from the legacy ill gladly play it with you
Made Of Putty
Posted on 29 June 19 at 17:42
I bought a best sellers version of the game today for 50p from cex and it only comes with 1 disc with everything on it . When u install that disc all the dlc for the legacy edition installs with it. Hope this helps
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.