Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Forum

Next Boss Hunt

AuthorMessage
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 12 September 19 at 14:32
Ian 1485 said:
I also wonder what it generally takes for the mode to be active? a switch/extra bit of code/50p in the slot machine/2 shakes of a lamb's tail/all the stars to align?
Don't forget, anyone who's said anything negative about EA (ever) has to apologize to the morning star, spin three times, click their heels together, and offer a human sacrifice.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Ian 1485
Ian 1485
Posted on 12 September 19 at 19:21
Can i be bold and daring and actually REFUSE to do any of that?! headspin
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 13 September 19 at 00:57
Lol so update, I got an email from an EA "customer ambassador" who said they apologized for the inconvenience and will forward the issue about the calendar being wrong to the PVZ support team. I followed that up with a thanks and request for more information about Boss Hunt. Will it be returning? Will it be added into a permanent playlist? Will there be an alternative way to unlock the achievements affected by this?

Did I get an answer? No, I got a BBB response asking if the business gave me a satisfactory resolution. I said no, which will now affect their rating. File these reports gents.
jasonlc3221
jasonlc3221
Posted on 13 September 19 at 14:25
The fact that they're doing another CvD tells me that they're still going to do all kinds of events for the game and I'm a lot more at ease about it now. We just have to be patient for the next boss hunt to come around.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 13 September 19 at 14:44
Complaint filed. I have no respect for PopCap and EA.
Regards, Tuhin
Reaver Lion
Reaver Lion
Posted on 15 September 19 at 17:07
Complaint filed
''Fear is the mind killer''
Wendsoy
Wendsoy
Posted on 16 September 19 at 08:20
Hi,
i've just checked on this link http://www.pvzgw2.com/events-calendar and the boss hunt is still running from 24th to 30th of September.

So, there is still hope and we will be fixed the 24th.

Bye, smile
Wendsoy
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 16 September 19 at 08:31
You need to refresh your cache, it only has a community challenge over that date period.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 16 September 19 at 16:55
Wendsoy said:
Hi,
i've just checked on this link http://www.pvzgw2.com/events-calendar and the boss hunt is still running from 24th to 30th of September.

So, there is still hope and we will be fixed the 24th.

Bye, smile
Elyoh said:
You need to refresh your cache, it only has a community challenge over that date period.
Yeah, I can confirm that the website calendar shows Community Challenge for those dates. Plus, the website has changed to https://www.ea.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies..., so check that you're on the most up-to-date version of the site (your link actually redirects to the correct page, so it shouldn't be an issue).
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
DAN5KI97
DAN5KI97
Posted on 21 September 19 at 04:05
Sorry guys, I'm confused, will any of the discontinued achievements be unlockable, should I start the game?
DAN5KI97
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 21 September 19 at 07:10
DAN5KI97 said:
Sorry guys, I'm confused, will any of the discontinued achievements be unlockable, should I start the game?
The 2 achievements for Cats Vs Dino's well be obtainable the beginning of next month, as apparently that event is running then. The 3 Boss Hunt achievements are waiting on an event that hasn't played for a long time (I think late January was the last time it played).
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
BADBOYBONY
BADBOYBONY
Posted on 21 September 19 at 16:09
Since nobody has posted this yet, This is what I saw on the EA website on the forums:

Boss Hunt will be making a return to the garden in the future, standby for communication from Dr. Zomboss…soon'ish.

/Blueberry

That was from EA_Blueberry the Community Manager who posted that! smile
Reaver Lion
Reaver Lion
Posted on 21 September 19 at 16:43
Had a reply back from ea after bbb complaint

My name is Odell, and I'm a Executive and Customer Relations agent for EA Help. We saw your Better Business Bureau complaint about the Boss Hunt event and calendar in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The website calendar was wrong and there was no Boss Hunt scheduled for early September.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and we will work to prevent these kind of errors in the future. As far as when Boss Hunt will return I decided to go straight to the source and asked Dr. Zomboss himself.

...and I couldn't understand a word he said. So I then went to the PopCap team and asked them, and while they aren't ready to give an exact date, they heard you loud and clear and they will give GW2 players another chance at Boss Hunts in the next few months.

We understand there are trophies and achievements tied to these events and our players are eager to get to the next Boss Hunt as soon as possible. Boss Hunt will be making a return to the garden in the future, standby for communication from Dr. Zomboss both in game and on the official PvZ social channels… soon.

Kind regards,

Odell B. Executive and Customer Relations
Electronic Arts
EA Help
''Fear is the mind killer''
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 21 September 19 at 16:48
Reaver Lion said:
Had a reply back from ea after bbb complaint

My name is Odell, and I'm a Executive and Customer Relations agent for EA Help. We saw your Better Business Bureau complaint about the Boss Hunt event and calendar in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The website calendar was wrong and there was no Boss Hunt scheduled for early September.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and we will work to prevent these kind of errors in the future. As far as when Boss Hunt will return I decided to go straight to the source and asked Dr. Zomboss himself.

...and I couldn't understand a word he said. So I then went to the PopCap team and asked them, and while they aren't ready to give an exact date, they heard you loud and clear and they will give GW2 players another chance at Boss Hunts in the next few months.

We understand there are trophies and achievements tied to these events and our players are eager to get to the next Boss Hunt as soon as possible. Boss Hunt will be making a return to the garden in the future, standby for communication from Dr. Zomboss both in game and on the official PvZ social channels… soon.

Kind regards,

Odell B. Executive and Customer Relations
Electronic Arts
EA Help
I was going to post my email reply as well, but looks like I got the same one. However, mine was from some guy named Collin. So these emails aren’t as personal as they might seem.
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 21 September 19 at 17:00
If you both are asked to accept or reject the request, think on it first. A promise from EA is worthless, and with no solidified date this seems like a stalling tactic to make the controversy go away. We don't want lol random quirky email responses or vague promises of coming soon, give us a date.
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 21 September 19 at 17:15, Edited on 21 September 19 at 17:19 by Skanker irl
I have been stalled out like this before by EA in another game. They promised me they'd fix it, but they just waited until the servers closed and people forgot.
tuhin94
tuhin94
Posted on 21 September 19 at 17:17
Vitiated1 said:
If you both are asked to accept or reject the request, think on it first. A promise from EA is worthless, and with no solidified date this seems like a stalling tactic to make the controversy go away. We don't want lol random quirky email responses or vague promises of coming soon, give us a date.
Yep, agreed. I replied to the guy who sent me an email, Collin, and indirectly told him to shove it and give us Boss Hunt otherwise we’d keep filing complaints.
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 22 September 19 at 07:39, Edited on 22 September 19 at 07:40 by Luuc
Well, if the Boss Hunt is coming it's at least good to know that we need a high rank Plant Character to fight Dr. Zomboss..
This Boss Hunt event might be planned for around Halloween 2019?
jrath05
jrath05
Posted on 22 September 19 at 12:33
Yeah the spooky squash boss is Halloween themed, I've been thinking for while October would have this boss hunt. Was hoping we'd got another one before that since the game went GWG, but if we get it next month that's not so bad. It looks like a doable boss (to get the crazy difficulty achievement) if you know the steps to the fight and have appropriate characters.
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 22 September 19 at 14:53
If they were planning on doing it next month, they would have said that
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.