Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2

Next Boss Hunt

• Posted on 06 November 19 at 21:37Permalink
    I've got a welder and astronaut but I might have to try harder to get a Toxic Brainz if it's that much trouble. It is definitely impossible with randoms. I'm seeing even people in the quadruple digits for rank running around like headless chickens.

I'll give it a day or two, then join a session. But I don't want to miss out on this because it definitely is not guaranteed to return. And this is supposed to be the easy one, some have said...
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • Posted on 06 November 19 at 21:41, Edited on 06 November 19 at 21:42 by AntaraelDulacrePermalink
    Got a maxed Astronaut for this, we still only got the boss down to 20% on hard, Toxic Brainz reaaly seems a key figure here but he is a legendary Rare...

Also I really hope people who are saying this is one of the easiest boss hunts are trolling, even as an organized team you can get overwhelmed or have bad luck with the squash being around you all the time.

The achievement on hrad and crazy are my last two things to do in this game..
  • LockieLockie293,089
    Posted on 06 November 19 at 23:08Permalink
    Well hopefully they run the Plant boss hunts atleast once before they pull support for the game because at least with those you don't need a legendary character.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,606
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 02:17Permalink
    Finally got it. It's really rough on Crazy as everyone already knows. Just finally glad to have this over and done with and be finished with this game. I've been waiting to complete this game for 8 months now and it just feels like such a relief, especially since we got it on our last run of a 3 hour session. Good luck to everyone out there who's still trying. You'll need it with the way the spawns work sometimes. Try and get as close to the optimal team as possible, Toxic Brainz and Astronauts. Good luck!
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,105,494
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 05:49, Edited on 07 November 19 at 05:50 by EarthboundXPermalink
    Well we were able to beat Hard is the session today, and then we almost beat Crazy on our first try.

This involves a ton of luck as well as skill. You have to get lucky with all the enemy spawns, hoping the Guardians and the Champions don't spawn near the Pumpkin, and what type of plants spawn and who they decided to go after, the people fighting the Guardians, or the people holding down the anchors.

Usually one of the players holding the anchors gets massively overwhelmed and killed.
  • m6wg4bxwm6wg4bxw311,302
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 06:41Permalink
    Definitely deflated after several attempts with randoms. I haven't played this in months, and to come back to this? I couldn't find the fun in it. I might quit and leave the game incomplete. However, if someone needs a mediocre team mate with a broken mic, no toxic brains, and a weak astronaut, let me know.
  • Ian 1485Ian 1485514,453
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 10:19Permalink
    Seitzz said:
    Finally got it. It's really rough on Crazy as everyone already knows. Just finally glad to have this over and done with and be finished with this game. I've been waiting to complete this game for 8 months now and it just feels like such a relief, especially since we got it on our last run of a 3 hour session. Good luck to everyone out there who's still trying. You'll need it with the way the spawns work sometimes. Try and get as close to the optimal team as possible, Toxic Brainz and Astronauts. Good luck!
    Congrats to you Seitzz!
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,606
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 14:43Permalink
    Ian 1485 said:
    Seitzz said:
    Congrats to you Seitzz!
    Thanks. How's your struggle been so far for Crazy?
  • Ian 1485Ian 1485514,453
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 15:15Permalink
    not yet panicking but that might happen seeing how tonight goes maybe(!) I played on the Tuesday evening and took 2 tries to get Normal and Hard done (one each) and Craaazy was just as the name says. I think one thing to always keep in mind is to support those that are anchoring (in the circle) especially if the Spooky Squash goes up there. You can always go back to the Anchor (tree) and continue the fight as opposed to having to start again.

Having never played it I thought it was a tad ridiculous on the craaazy mode but suppose it has to live up to it's name. If I don't get the achievement tonight, I'll join as many sessions as I can OR set one up on Saturday and not have an end session until it's done if that appeals to anyone?!
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,606
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 16:05Permalink
    Ian 1485 said:
    not yet panicking but that might happen seeing how tonight goes maybe(!) I played on the Tuesday evening and took 2 tries to get Normal and Hard done (one each) and Craaazy was just as the name says. I think one thing to always keep in mind is to support those that are anchoring (in the circle) especially if the Spooky Squash goes up there. You can always go back to the Anchor (tree) and continue the fight as opposed to having to start again.

Having never played it I thought it was a tad ridiculous on the craaazy mode but suppose it has to live up to it's name. If I don't get the achievement tonight, I'll join as many sessions as I can OR set one up on Saturday and not have an end session until it's done if that appeals to anyone?!
    Yeah, on the runs that we had which were better, it's sometimes better to just pull out of the guardian fight sometimes and head to the rooftop to help the two anchors. I think my teammate and I got a little attached to the idea of chasing the guardian til we got him out, which sometimes just left the rooftop getting swarmed. If anything, that's the one section where I'd recommend somewhat taking your time, especially since you can. Sometimes you'll even get the guardian coming up to the roof too which can be good or bad depending on how much health he's still got.
  • Posted on 07 November 19 at 17:08Permalink
    Not sure if this has been said already, but after 6 hours of playing this mode in total with no success, we decided to have 2 toxic brainz go straight for the guardian and melt him as quickly as possible while the 2 scientists stayed in the anchors throwing bombs at each other. Managed to do it this way first try with randoms who knew what to do. With 2 toxic brainz it's def possible to kill the boss within 3 waves if everything goes perfectly.
  • lab0kuplab0kup1,122,034
    Posted on 07 November 19 at 17:40Permalink
    I have elecrto brainz. Need hard and crazy.
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 03:10Permalink
    OK, just completed it on Crazy. We had two Toxin Brainz, and two Astronauts, so I think that helped. But I really think it was the better spawns and the boss mostly leaving us alone that helped the most. So much luck involved. The boss can screw this up so many ways, when you're trying to kill the Guardians or Champions.

Oh, and both the Astronauts had the heals bombs, those really make a difference. They heal for 50 I believe, so if both players throw them, that's 100 healed if hit everyone.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,493
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 08:14Permalink
    A lot of luck involved indeed. We did it with one Paleontologist and three Toxic Brainz. Send two Brainz to fight the Guardian, but try to have them come back to get healed and help keep the Anchors live.

Try to keep your Self-Revives for the Sugar Rush, and we also took an intentional Team Death before picking up the Bucket for the last time, so that we could use our Team-Revive and get back all 3 Self-Revives for everyone, to use on the last Sugar Rush.

So glad to uninstall this game.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 10:02Permalink
    Nice Shinnizle.
  • Posted on 08 November 19 at 16:01Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    we also took an intentional Team Death before picking up the Bucket for the last time, so that we could use our Team-Revive and get back all 3 Self-Revives for everyone, to use on the last Sugar Rush.
    Whoah! We didn't even think of that. Congrats on getting it done!
    This space for rent.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle761,493
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 16:43Permalink
    Gotta take every advantage you can with that stupid game mode laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • MarkyshizzleMarkyshizzle1,267,996
    Posted on 08 November 19 at 21:21Permalink
    2 toxic brains and one astronaut with heal bomb is a must
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER818,964
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 10:52Permalink
    I have a maxed out (prestigied 5 times) Toxic Brainz with multi-hit fireball ability.

Looking for 2 god-like Astronauts and a Toxic Brainz to finish Crazy difficulty.

Drop me a message on either TA or Xbox Live if you are interested.
  • PalesiusPalesius1,250,110
    Posted on 09 November 19 at 14:14Permalink
    After trying for about six hours in various teams and configurations and finally doing it my advice is don’t go overboard on toxic. Yes he is a great damage dealer, but 2 healers will have a lot of trouble keeping 2 toxics alive on crazy. When we did that we wasted too much time reviving. Successful group (on 2nd attempt and no mics no less) was 3x astronaut and toxic (me).

Obviously it can be tough for two scientists to hold the rings, but once we got to rush mode I was able to spend the whole time punching away like a fool. The triple heal kept me alive and none of them even had heal bomb.

You could probably manage 2 toxic and 2 Astro with heal bomb and maybe do it in two rushes. We took 3 doing approx 50% then 40 then 10% of his life.

But it felt much more under control. 2&2 always felt like the wheels were on the verge of coming off the car. (We only had one heal bomb so a second could have smoothed that out). And we rarely hit even a third in a rush let alone half.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.