Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Forum

Next Boss Hunt

AuthorMessage
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:03, Edited on 23 April 19 at 15:04 by Seitzz
AngryBiffMalibu said:
can anyone please tell me where to find the dates for the boss hunt
When you go into the garden on either side, go to the message board, not just your new messages, but all of them. You should usually have anywhere from 7-10 I'd say. Just scroll to the end message, and there should be a list of mystery portal events. It just has the game type and dates they'll be up.

You can also use the calendar below. However, in my experience, the calendar is only correct in the beginning of the month when the events are initially set. They seem to forget to edit the online calendar when they change the in game message board. In a couple cases for me, the in game event calendar was changed and the online one wasn't. When the time came, it ended up being the in game one that was correct.

https://www.pvzgw2.com/events-calendar

Also, it may be multiple months between Boss Hunt events, and the same goes for other events as well.
jasonlc3221
jasonlc3221
Posted on 23 April 19 at 15:38, Edited on 23 April 19 at 15:39 by jasonlc3221
I'm just here to confirm that today's Mystery Portal is, in fact, NOT Boss Hunt. It's Soil Survivors. Just played a match of it.

So the website calendar was wrong, the in-game calendar was correct.

Ugh, have to wait and see what next month's events will be. Looks like that calendar won't be available until somewhere between April 30th and May 6th.
Ian 1485
Ian 1485
Posted on 23 April 19 at 16:34
Gives me a little more time to rank up some characters though.

Seitzz - have you played the game a long time? Is this something that happens regularly as it sounds like it does?
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 23 April 19 at 16:43
Ian 1485 said:
Gives me a little more time to rank up some characters though.

Seitzz - have you played the game a long time? Is this something that happens regularly as it sounds like it does?
Depends on your definition of a long time. I only started the game in February and finished most of what I could within the month. But in the space of that I had one incident and then this one. My guess is that this is more of a recent thing happening since the game has been out for more than 3 years. The DLC is approaching 3 years as well. All I can say is that this has happened with the last 2 scheduled Boss Hunts, this one included. I just want it to finally get here again so I can finish this game. But I guess for now 2/2 is a decent enough trend to suggest that the in game calendar is in fact the one that dictates.
Ian 1485
Ian 1485
Posted on 23 April 19 at 16:55
I see, hope the Community one goes ahead at least.
m6wg4bxw
m6wg4bxw
Posted on 24 April 19 at 05:06
I don't understand why only the cats vs dinos achievements are marked as "discontinued." Are the community challenge and boss hunt achievements not similarly unattainable?

Does anyone know if a history of mystery portal events exists? I'd like to see how often these events have occurred.
Luuc
Luuc
Posted on 24 April 19 at 07:10
m6wg4bxw said:
I don't understand why only the cats vs dinos achievements are marked as "discontinued." Are the community challenge and boss hunt achievements not similarly unattainable?

Does anyone know if a history of mystery portal events exists? I'd like to see how often these events have occurred.
The Boss Hunt achievements should be marked as discontinued for now, definitely not obtainable as of this moment.
Who knows when they are getting back, the achievements are just flagged wrong.
It should be the same as in Overwatch, where they flag achievements to discontinued each time when the events are not up any more.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 24 April 19 at 18:40, Edited on 24 April 19 at 18:41 by Seitzz
m6wg4bxw said:
If you're looking for that info, I'd look at the achievement and go to the "Unlocked by X tracked gamers," right under the achievement. Go to the last page, and that should be an indication of when the event was last up, likewise going back page by page, you can see the range and gaps between events.

These events for the mystery portal are all just timed and only available during a specific set of days and therefore the associated achievements are only obtainable during these specific dates, dictated by their event calendars. Otherwise, if the event is not on, the associated achievements are not obtainable. Hope that makes sense, the discontinued flag is a bit confusing for these few achievements that come from the mystery portal events I think.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 24 April 19 at 23:41, Edited on 25 April 19 at 02:05 by Lockie
m6wg4bxw said:
There's already a timed/date flag, so the discontinued flag in that context makes no sense to me either, unless the PvZ dev team specifically said there would be no more Cats vs Dinos.
Posting from sunny Australia.
DJ KOOLAIDE
DJ KOOLAIDE
Posted on 28 April 19 at 01:05
May calendar released no boss battle
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 28 April 19 at 01:21
DJ KOOLAIDE said:
That's just dandy...I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers for June
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 28 April 19 at 02:20
Lockie said:
m6wg4bxw said:
There's already a timed/date flag, so the discontinued flag in that context makes no sense to me either, unless the PvZ dev team specifically said there would be no more Cats vs Dinos.
The last time Cats V Dinos was run before this instance was September last year, over 6 months. Boss hunt (at least going by unlocks) has been somewhat regular, every couple of months. The community challenges are also quite regular and seem to be monthly. Those two are within our threshold for these types of events and related achievements and are correctly not flagged Discontinued. If Cats V Dinos becomes more regular or either of these events stops being regular they'd get their flags updated appropriately.
GI Flagging Manager
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 28 April 19 at 08:24
DJ KOOLAIDE said:
That's lame... hopefully they revise it again only for the better this time.

ChinDocta said:
The last time Cats V Dinos was run before this instance was September last year, over 6 months. Boss hunt (at least going by unlocks) has been somewhat regular, every couple of months. The community challenges are also quite regular and seem to be monthly. Those two are within our threshold for these types of events and related achievements and are correctly not flagged Discontinued. If Cats V Dinos becomes more regular or either of these events stops being regular they'd get their flags updated appropriately.
Ah fair enough, never heard of that threshold before.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 28 April 19 at 08:43
So... June then? laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
DJ KOOLAIDE
DJ KOOLAIDE
Posted on 28 April 19 at 13:08
This is going to be the game that ruins my 100% completion hahahaha
iiAssassinXxii
Posted on 05 May 19 at 21:00
I’m looking to get this done as well. I’ll keep checking when the calendar is updated. Annoyed that they changed out boss hunt for soil survivors. Don’t see why they can’t just change it and have it on a rolling cycle.
Going for gamerscore. iiAssassinXxii
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 05 May 19 at 21:48
iiAssassinXxii said:
Don’t see why they can’t just change it and have it on a rolling cycle.
That would make way too much sense laugh
HamsterLV
HamsterLV
Posted on 13 May 19 at 10:13
DJ KOOLAIDE said:
It is all you fault Koolaid!
MMMDI
MMMDI
Posted on 26 May 19 at 06:51
June maybe?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 26 May 19 at 10:15
MMMDI said:
June maybe?
Next in-game calendar normally comes out during the last event, so we'll find out in a couple of days. I'm hoping, as it's basically all I have left to do!
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.