Game Discussion: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Forum

Next Boss Hunt

AuthorMessage
AntaraelDulacre
Posted on 04 September 19 at 20:51, Edited on 04 September 19 at 20:52 by AntaraelDulacre
Seitzz said:
I'm just hoping that for once, the website calendar is going to be correct for once, given it's poor recent track record. Really hope we don't get to that week and it just turns out to be a community challenge.
Yeah it's concerning that the ingame calendar and the webiste calendar are quite different...also wouldn't be the first time a boss hunt didn't happen (last time they put a second week of soil survivor into the game instead...)

Will get some more level ups for some of the chars and more money nonetheless to be prepaired.
BADBOYBONY
BADBOYBONY
Posted on 04 September 19 at 21:06
Finally! smile
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 04 September 19 at 21:08
Guess it's time to reinstall the game, took a pretty long break from it.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 04 September 19 at 21:15, Edited on 04 September 19 at 21:16 by Elyoh
DON'T TRUST THE WEBSITE CALENDAR.

It has, so far, never been correct compared to the in-game calendar. The in-game one is the only one worth trusting.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Unisaurus13
Unisaurus13
Posted on 04 September 19 at 21:54
Am I a potato or is it that nothing is loading on the EA website? I can't look at the schedule at all oof! but where might one find the in game calender?

Sincerely
Extreme Noob to this game :)
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:08, Edited on 04 September 19 at 22:09 by Elyoh
Go to the mail box, normally pretty much immediately in front of you once you spawn in to the game. You might need to tab through a few things to get to the calendar.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:14
LiquidAg said:
Yes, please post it if you find it. I've leveled up my medic characters quite a bit, and have some other high-level characters, but I need to save up on consumables, apparently. I guess I'm jumping back in to this game to start racking up coins, etc. (Even though I just bought PvZGW3!!)
So the tips/guide I was remembering was specifically for the Spooky Squash Boss Hunt. However, they are still fairly useful and relevant for zombies in general so I'll post it below. I also found one for the Yeti King, which lists good plant variants to use.

For plants, I would just recommend leveling up your best medic and best offensive. The best possible medic I believe would be the vampire sunflower if you have it. Then I think the next best are Alien, Stuffy, or Fire. Best offensive I'm not really too well versed on, but it's probably corn or the best peashooters with aoe or dot effects.

Zombies
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Plants
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Unisaurus13
Unisaurus13
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:38
Elyoh said:
Go to the mail box, normally pretty much immediately in front of you once you spawn in to the game. You might need to tab through a few things to get to the calendar.
Okie dokie I went and did this but my problem is that its saying 'No new is good news right?' and ive switched back and forth from plants and zombies and restarted the game...oof

Thanks in advance!
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:40
Yea it does tend to do that sometimes, nothing you can really do to fix it but wait a day or two.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:50
Elyoh said:
Yea it does tend to do that sometimes, nothing you can really do to fix it but wait a day or two.
A day or two? I've had no mailbox for quite sometime and it's never fixed itself for me.
Unisaurus13
Unisaurus13
Posted on 04 September 19 at 22:51
Seitzz said:
Elyoh said:
A day or two? I've had no mailbox for quite sometime and it's never fixed itself for me.
Same Seitz! Has anyone posted a pic of the upcoming events?
rapfaria
rapfaria
Posted on 04 September 19 at 23:01
How much of a grind is it to get a good character in time for boss hunt? 1000g'd the first one, did only five minutes of second
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 05 September 19 at 00:16
I've also had nothing in my Mailbox for months now.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 05 September 19 at 01:55
rapfaria said:
How much of a grind is it to get a good character in time for boss hunt? 1000g'd the first one, did only five minutes of second
First you need to complete quests to get to a 2X XP multiplier then you can do it in about 3-4 hours, use the method in this achievement.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2Time to Go OutsideThe Time to Go Outside achievement in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 worth 272 pointsPromote a single character 5 times.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 05 September 19 at 02:14, Edited on 05 September 19 at 02:16 by Seitzz
Just logged in now, and mailbox is working again. The in game calendar does not show Boss Hunt as a few others have noted. It really wouldn't be surprising come Sept. 24th if it's Team Vanquish and not Boss Hunt...another month of waiting either way.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 05 September 19 at 02:20
Just checked the in game calendar, and there's no boss hunted listed for September.

Sep 24 to 30 is Vanquishing Well, not Boss Hunt.
rapfaria
rapfaria
Posted on 05 September 19 at 11:57
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
rapfaria said:
First you need to complete quests to get to a 2X XP multiplier then you can do it in about 3-4 hours, use the method in this achievement.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2Time to Go OutsideThe Time to Go Outside achievement in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 worth 272 pointsPromote a single character 5 times.
much appreciated, thank you
LiquidAg
LiquidAg
Posted on 05 September 19 at 13:39
The one thing that gives me a sliver of hope, is that they actually changed the format of the calendar on the website (coinciding with the announcements and early release of PvZGW3). This has me hoping that they're adding in a Boss Hunt for every month as the player-base winds down in GW2. I know it's foolish to hope for it, given the past several months, but sometimes hope is all you can... hope for...
"I have a bad feeling about this..."
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 05 September 19 at 13:50
EarthboundX said:
Just checked the in game calendar, and there's no boss hunted listed for September.

Sep 24 to 30 is Vanquishing Well, not Boss Hunt.
Came here to post this. This exact thing happened last time, and we didn't get a Boss Hunt. We definitely need to step up our complaints against Popcap and EA now, this is ridiculous.
Chris Hirschy
Chris Hirschy
Posted on 05 September 19 at 15:45
Unisaurus13 said:
Elyoh said:
Okie dokie I went and did this but my problem is that its saying 'No new is good news right?' and ive switched back and forth from plants and zombies and restarted the game...oof

Thanks in advance!
same to me, too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.